Search Results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

• I've got settings on 15min now. 5 minutes just wasn't enough for me cause I need to lookup all kind of information on how all these great features work. If you don't wan't system timeout to happen, you can go to System information under Diagnostics. Timeout will not occur when you'r viewing some chart. (at least not on given timeout setting, and after a quick test it didn't timeout after 30 min)

• you can probably find some browser add-on to do this task.

• Re: Fan control by OMV

XchangeVisions - - General

You should get a fan-controller if you would like to control the speed of your fans when your motherboard doesn't support this function.

• SanDisk CF Extreme vs. SSD

I've read allot about not using USB flash drives or compact flash cards. Instead, an SSD drive is recommended. I use CF ever since I migrated my FreeNas7 to OMV. Never had any problems other than my own stupidity. I understand the differences with simple/cheap USB/CF vs. more expensive SSD drives. But i don't get it what the difference would be between SSD drive and a professional (expensive) compact flash card. - SSD uses flash memory with TRIM to make it more durable. - SanDisk CF extreme uses…

• Re: Some logs not viewable

Which logs are raising errors? You can view other logs? Can you view the log file from /var/logs ? Do you see an entry within 'authentication' log regarding the faulty view request?

• Re: My OMV machine

XchangeVisions - - My NAS Build

Quote from "KM0201": “I like that case. I was considering buying one for my NAS.” It's indeed a very sweet case, I use it for almost 2 years now and would recommend this case if you don't need hot-swap. The workmanship (exterior design, airflow etc.) is easily recognized and it's small size makes it suitable for almost every place. Back then I did have installation issues with the front SD adapter and the device haven't been attached since. It's probably an easy fix but I don't care about the SD…

• My OMV machine

XchangeVisions - - My NAS Build

This is currently my OMV setup. dsc02412w.jpg [*] AMD Athlon II X2 255 [*] Asus M4A88T-M/USB3 [*] Sandisk Extreme CompactFlash 8GB 400x [*] 4 x Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX, 1TB [*] 2 x Western Digital Black WD6401AALS, 640GB [*] 1 x Western Digital Blue WD2500AAKS, 250GB [*] Lian Li PC-V354B [*] Zalman CNPS7000C-AlCu [*] Corsair XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1333C8 [*] Seasonic M12II 520W [*] Addonics IDE to CF Adapter [*] Raidsonic Icy Box IB-390StUSD-B It runs within a Gbit environment, providing SMB sh…

• I would go inside my box using SSH, and check activity using some 'network monitoring' tools from Debian repo.

• Re: SMB Problem

XchangeVisions - - CIFS/SMB

Did you run FSCK and memtest? I've seen posts before on other linux forums, maybe this can help. #sudo apt-get check #sudo ldconfig -v