Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 136.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from RS1: “Are there any of those updates that I potentially shouldn't be installing? Could any of them be conflicting with my hardware (it's pretty old) or network? ” I would do a fresh install and ONLY update the OMV package. If that works correctly, I would update everything but the kernel and see if it still works right. If that works, then update the kernel. ” Thanks for this. Will definitely bear this in mind in future. For now, what has worked for me (and so …

• Quote from geaves: “Quote from RS1: “Are there any of those updates that I potentially shouldn't be installing? ” I've read through the thread and the initial problem would point to some network/connection problem....however, what I do is to install updates 6 at a time, that way if there are any issues the list or errors can be pinpointed....I also leave anything to do with the kernel/image til last and sometimes ignore them altogether. ” Thanks for the input. I figured that the issue may be occ…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from RS1: “is there anything that I can check on the router side? ” I guess I would look to see if it is blocking and/or filtering anything. ” I've checked everything and there is no blocking/filtering. I can try to do a fresh install again? Each time this issue has occurred, it has been the result of installing updates in update management - there were a long list of updates. Are there any of those updates that I potentially shouldn't be installing? Could any of th…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “I really don't know what is going wrong. Do you have a strange network and/or network config? ” I don't think so.. I recently moved to a new apartment building with a dedicated router.. is there anything that I can check on the router side?

• Install problem - OMV Extras from CLI

RS1 - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Try: sudo apt-get install --reinstall ca-certificates sudo update-ca-certificates ” Thanks for this. Unfortunately, I don't think this affected anything. The error still persists Source Code (27 lines)

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from RS1: “Thoughts? ” What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep -v ^ii ” Hi there, apologies for the late response. Here is the output: Source Code (8 lines)

RS1 - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “What is the output of: omv-aptclean ” Hi there, the full output attached Thanks

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from RS1: “uninstalled omv-extras, ” omv-extras isn't causing this issue and your sources.list looks fine. I'm not getting these errors on any systems so it isn't a repo issue. What else did you install? ” Hi there, I haven't installed anything else. Process: 1. Clean install from USB 2. Uploaded the .deb file from the OMV Extras website 3. Installed ALL updates in update manager 4. Issue I'm wondering whether an update in the update manager is causing the issue. I …

RS1 - - Plugins

Hi all, I'm having problems updating/installing OMV extras (or even running OMV updates). Hope the following error message helps someone steer me to a solution. Thanks! To install OMV extras from CLI, I executed: wget -O - omv-extras.org/install | bash All is well with the output until the following: Source Code (28 lines) Help would be appreciated.

• Output of openmediavault.list deb packages.openmediavault.org/public/ arrakis main deb openmediavault.github.io/packages/ arrakis main # deb downloads.sourceforge.net/project/openmediavault/packages/ arrakis main Output of openmediavault-local.list deb[b] [trusted=yes] file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives / I removed the duplicate from sources.list, uninstalled omv-extras, but still receive the following error when checking for updates in update management: Source Code (1 line):(

• Quote from hen3bosch: “Could you check if there are double entry's in the /etc/apt/sources.list file and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ directory are? That's always the problem with my clean installs. There is always a line in the /etc/apt/sources.list which also is in some of files in /etc/apt/sources.lists.d/ directory in my installations. Hendrie ” Thanks Hendrie, It's been a while since I've used OMV. Could I ask you to scribe the commands I should use to check for double entry's in CLI? Thanks Up…

• Spent the last couple of hours searching the forums to no avail. This is quite aggravating. I've barely installed anything. Error when trying to check for updates in plugins: Source Code (1 line)

• I'm not sure if the plex repo is causing the problem. I keep getting certificate issues

• Hi everyone - It's been a while since I've been back 'OMV-ing' and would really appreciate some guidance to get this working. I have done a clean install of the latest stable version three times and have always been receiving the following error when I 'check for updates' in 'Update Management': Note I couldn't include the full error in the below due to the character limit (I've included the header and footer) Source Code (26 lines) Note: I have tried the following: 1. apt-get clean : this compl…

• Quote from thctlo: “Hai, i have created a new packages with spotlight enabled in the build ” Thanks for this!

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “but samba 4.3+ does ” I just re read the posts which refer to samba being buggy in windows 10, only to realise that those posts were referring to samba 4.1.x. Quote from RS1: “Any thoughts on my question re. data corruption when using smb and afp shares of the same source? ” So I did a little research to answer my own question.. there are differences in the way MacOS Sierra will name files via afp vs. smb. This can corrupt data when working with smb and afp simultaneously…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “It isn't? ” I may be misunderstanding the thread that subzero posted.. but.. from what I do understand, samba is buggy which is why those folks on the debian forum requested that backports be enabled on the latest version of samba - however, the debian guys said that they didn't have the time to work on it.. Quote from subzero79: “Tracker, minerfs and extract are necessary. ” Thanks for this.. I'll install them with sudo apt-get install

• Okay, I uninstalled netatalk from OMV and installed your two deb packages. Quote from subzero79: “You have to install tracker of course in your server. ” Sorry for the basic qu but what is the best way of doing this? "sudo apt-get install tracker" ? I noticed that the guy in the website installed several components: tracker tracker-explorer tracker-extract tracker-gui tracker-miner-fs tracker-utils Any step by step instructions would be great..

• I just had a read, that's a shame. I'm surprised at the responses tbh as from my understanding, Samba/Jessie is not fully compatible with Windows 10, which is a big no no for many people. Perhaps this will get resolved in the future.. Quote from subzero79: “The package in dropbox is a debian package ready to install/desintall with all standard debian prefixes ” Okay, I will uninstall netatalk within OMV and then manually install the two debian packages.. hopefully the process will follow through…

• That's great ma man, thank you for the help!