Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from funibeer: “Does anyone have some Ideas why this is happening ” Don't manually add the omv-extras repos to your sources.list. Just install omv-extras and it will add them to a separate file.

• Quote from tkaiser: “correctly then the plugin creates an dd image only of the rootfs partition. If so this wouldn't be enough for the RPi since the main operating system (ThreadX) lives on the FAT32 boot partition. And without ThreadX no Linux/OMV will boot. ” Correct, it doesn't backup everything on installs that have more than one "OS" partition. This was done because too many people have a data partition on the OS drive. But you probably could write the RPi install image to an SD card and th…

• How to save grub configuration.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Spyrious: “sudo shellinaboxd -v -t -p 4200 --no-beep --linkify=none It is running. ” As it should, it is a daemon that isn't running in daemon mode. If it works that way, it should work when the service starts it. If it doesn't work, I was hoping for some error messages.

• Quote from vbalazs: “How should I add port to the firewall rules? Please someone. ” You don't need to add anything to firewall rules. If you have anything, delete them. If port forwarding isn't working, then your router setup is wrong. What does it look like?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from geaves: “that's interesting because mine returns this; but mine works! ” His service isn't running and that is why it works. The command will work on your system if you stop the service first - I had to do this as well since mine works. Quote from Spyrious: “But edge gives this error now ” This is expected since you don't have cert for the service. It should still work.

• Quote from vbalazs: “ecause that installed defaultly. If i remove the iptables then it also removes openmediavault web service. So I can't share the port. ” It is installed but doesn't do anything unless you configure it.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Spyrious: “took a long time to finish the output ” Looks like it was working. Were you able to access shellinabox before you exited?

• Just out of curiosity, if the system is behind a router, why are you using iptables?

• Quote from vbalazs: “Sorry for duplicate post. Ive got a problem last time and it duplicated. please delete this port. ” I deleted the other two posts. See problem #4 here - Solutions to common problems

ryecoaaron - - General

What is the output of: sudo shellinaboxd -v -t -p 4200 --no-beep --linkify=none

• The Class E Network

ryecoaaron - - Off-Topic

Quote from flmaxey: “Dell has a 5 pin fan connector on the mobo... 5 freaking pins! For what? 2 pins will run a DC fan, 3 - 4 can sense and regulate speed, but 5? (For what, barometric pressure?) Now I'm waiting for a 4 to 5 pin adapter from China (less than 1USD but a few weeks in the mail). Crap, I just found that 5 pins are for "lighted" RGB fans,,, come on... ” 5 pins but only 4 wires. The fifth slot is empty. But I agree, I don't know why they do that.

• Quote from votdev: “the vagrant box is using exactly the same script as the guide in the forum. ” What version of python3-tornado is vagrant installing and from where? I think you should rebuild the salt-common package to use python3-tornado 5.1. (Hidden Content)

• Quote from chuckado: “I got the following message when the update completed and I was wondering it is anything to be worried about or can it be ignored? ” This has been mentioned many times in multiple threads. It is harmless but there are fixes suggested in those threads.

• update omv3 to omv4

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Remove the hwraid repo from /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org.list. It doesn't exist in OMV 4.x.

• Quote from badda: “In case of system failure I would not have a system to dd with, only my Windows Laptop with Etcher. ” Your windows laptop can probably boot Linux. Quote from badda: “Can you elaborate a bit on what I'm supposed to to to use omv-backup? ” Write the mbr image that the plugin creates to the sd card to create the boot sector and partition table and then write the os image to the partition.

• Quote from akurzawa: “OMG is this a joke? This is the failure of this system. Wow I didn't expected that - I've working on numerous file system appliances, but I can't remember that any of them would not have ability to save and restore config. I was planning to put OMV on production but I need to reconsider that - previously I was thinking of FreeNas - which of course have ability to backup and restore config. Omg I can't believe that programmers of OMV didn't think of creating/restoring config…

• Quote from badda: “omv-backup is a pain to recover in case of error ” Why? If you use the dd option, you would only have to dd two files back to the sd card.

• Quote from topi: “The reason behind is that the application ABC should be stopped while its data are backed up due to data consistency reasons. ” Thanks. That is an excellent reason for the scripts. Didn't think of that.

• Quote from votdev: “You can install the archive key and install it. ” true

• Quote from votdev: “I can't confirm that, the vagrant box is using exactly the same script as the guide in the forum. ” The vagrant Buster image must have extra packages and/or repos then. I'm quite familiar with installing OMV and it doesn't work with a base Buster install