Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 54.

• My Home Server/NAS

exyu74 - - My NAS Build

Quote from geaves: “Quote from exyu74: “Dont forget Gen8 supports disks till 4tb. ” No....look here ” JEEZ , why i have not seen that before ?!!! Thanx, at least one enigma is resolved if was enigma at all ! Many thanx !!!

• My Home Server/NAS

exyu74 - - My NAS Build

Yes, it is a user Spy Alelo. But a post about it i can not recon. As far as i remember there was first support till 3Tb,later HP made it by firmware support till 4Tb. Everyone who use "Gen8" 4Tb drives or less".As i said even in "white pages" stud support till 4Tb. I do have i 8tb drive in Synology nas.If i put in Omv,if is not suported what kind of message should i resive? Perhaps is best to contact Spy Alelo about this object?

• From the beginning is Omv Nas made as media vault ONLY for streaming. Smart->Settings->Power mode. 1.Which option is best for my use,so the hdd`s do not spin 24/7 ??? (the disk`s are:2X WD Red4tb, WD Green 1tb ,Ssd-Omv os on it) There are Scheduled tests for all device`s on every monday at night. 2. System Logs->Logs->Syslog I notised a message: monit[767]: `fs_srv_dev-disk-by-label-media4tb` space usage 99.9% matches resource limit [space usage>85.0%] The "media4tb" is filled with data and ther…

• My Home Server/NAS

exyu74 - - My NAS Build

Quote from Xanderlicious: “Quote from exyu74: “I do have one question i found very important! We use the same HP and hardware setup. Do u use also a sd/usb stick(internal) boot with grub? Or without and still able to boot up normaly? ” I have managed to boot directly from the Ssd connected to the ODD port. Configured as Raid 0 Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk ” Hmmm,strange...when i was installing the first time few years ago,even with raid0 ssd i needed to put a grub on usb. This time …

• My Home Server/NAS

exyu74 - - My NAS Build

Well,that`s what they say-there is a guy on this forum who works at HP. As in white sheets info. Of course,this info is only about HP Gen8 Proliant microserver. Gen10 can recive bigger hdd`s than 4tb.

• My Home Server/NAS

exyu74 - - My NAS Build

I`m using Gen8, but i`m not so tech savy as u are. Dont forget Gen8 supports disks till 4tb. Quote: "Can anyone recommend a good Mobo+CPU combo that supports ECC ram and is fairly cheap?" ...u should go i this direction: ASRock H170M-ITX/ac (or similar with 6 sata ports) But in the and with all goodies u and up with 600€ So,better stay for time beaing with HP. I do have one question i found very important! We use the same HP and hardware setup. Do u use also a sd/usb stick(internal) boot with gr…

• HPE Proliant Servers

exyu74 - - My NAS Build

Hello me again... Can someone tell me or explain to me some unortodox mystery that hunts from this morning. I have HP proliant Gen8 microserver. One or two years ago i installed Omv on HP with ODD/5th sta port and Grub on intern usb port. Because of some amateur handeling i needed to reinstall. That went without a problem two day`s ago. Till then i was preoccupied with copying grub on usb. This morning i discovered that Omv on ODD and 3 hdd`s(1,2,4port) is BOOTING UP without problem ?!?! Same OM…

• Quote from sno0k: “It happens, because of the existing path addition in the policy. A created folder is initially saved on only one drive of your data pool (randomly on one of the drives with the most free space). Therefor your files will be only copied to the drive where the folder is located. You have to choose the most free space policy, if you want a performance as you described. ” Thank u snoOk that is exactly what i needed! My set up: 2 hdd`s. First is full(of media/movies)(4tb-left 2gb of…

• Add 3th NFS Share

exyu74 - - NFS

I`m trying to add a 3th Share to same hard disk,but it wont go. Here is warning massage: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; rm --recursive --force '/export/NetBackup2syn' 2>&1' with exit code '1': rm: cannot remove '/export/NetBackup2syn': Device or resource busy Error #0: exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; …

• HPE Proliant Servers

exyu74 - - My NAS Build

Quote from mika91: “Hi, Just received my Gen8. I planned to install OMV on SSD, and use ODD sata, but after some research this morning, it seems impossible to properly boot from port5. My data disks will not be in a RAID (I'm using snapraid), and forcing SSD boot with raid 0 trick is not reliable for me, if a reboot / cold boot is not possible. So what are the possible solutions ? - install omv on USB (+SSD for data)? - install omv on sd card (+SSD for data)? - use USB only for boot partition, a…

• OMV Setup Videos

exyu74 - - General

OpenMediaVault - S.M.A.R.T. management Next video is not made by me, just stumbled on youtube. youtu.be/nA6BBhPO5AA

• Quote from erik: “Same here, HP Gen 8 OMV (2.2.14) and Synology DS112+ with Seagate 8 TB Archiv, working for nearly 2 years: 1.) rsync works, fine, better option for me 2.) setup a backup share on the Synology with user and password. 3.) Connect this share to OMV HP Gen8 with "Remote Shares" - but map this Remote Share to a local folder which is NOT on your basic OMV file system. Otherwise every error of the Remote Share connection (i.e. Synology offline) causes possible overrun of this file sys…

• Syncthing

exyu74 - - Plugins

Should i follow these steps to resolve my problem? How to make a good Media share for Emby and PlexMediaServer

• Syncthing

exyu74 - - Plugins

Hello, I use Omv3 and Syncthing 3.11 I`m trying to set up a folder, but as screenshot say`s i have permission problem. Screen%20Shot%202018-05-11%20at%2018.27.48_zpslmou4lcx.png Can somebody tell me at least i short steps how to do it? Through the forum threads some of user a talking about ACLs,but i`m not willing to do on my own,becouse in the past i messed up Omv with experimentig with ACLs.Or is another way?

• Syncthing on OMV - Path in OMV

exyu74 - - Plugins

Thank u very very much! Seems i have jumped over one thing before i could go with these steps. But at least this is clear! TNX!!!

exyu74 - - Plugins

This is where getting more and more interesting, on Omv mount label is named differently from what u typed above. Same line where "/Shared\ Video/- backslash after Shared,is that a typo fault or advice? So,should i type: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-"mountname"/1.5TbGreen/Shared\ Video/TestSyncthing ?

exyu74 - - Plugins

f7308136-9c2d-4018-b5b4-797e116cd72f_zpsi5jhakod.png Sorry marker is to thick(black)

exyu74 - - Plugins

See screenshot. On the left u have Omv smb -> a blue folder(with three man) -> Shared Video ...

exyu74 - - Plugins

As u allready have noted, i`m trying to specify a folder within Sincthing on Omv. Now i know the mount point. I presume after name-label of hdd goes "/" to followings folder`s. There is only one question, in Finder th_Screen%20Shot%202018-05-11%20at%2017.11.27_zpswtkdw7v3.png Do i need to type the name of folder(with 3 little guy`s) or without?

exyu74 - - Plugins

Quote from macom: “1.Not sure what your question is, but FileZilla is an alternative for WinSCP. FiIleZilla is available for Linux. 2.You can also view the mount point of a disk in the GUI of OMV. ” 1.I suppose i install Fillezilla on Mac and i can see mount point of hdd on Omv (which is on HP server). 2. YES,where i need to look for (i already have but i was not sure of it)(Cabrio_leo mentioned "<long alphanumeric string>")??