Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

• Re: Change media name for HDD

xtertristl - - General

Ok I understand the wanting a unique name why not use the Linux name and partition for the media device then like sdb2 or sdc1? Are the unexpected problems you refer to from possibly having the same name or are might I break links in place on the drive?

• Change media name for HDD

xtertristl - - General

Hello I've just installed OMV and I'm working to get everything up and running nicely. I've currently got a 1tb wd green drive connected and formatted to ext4. I was looking around to see where the fs was mounted and found it in the media but the name is unwieldy is there a way to change it. Currently I have to browse to "/media/25a88a14-5666-483a-aed6-e1decc45a374/". Any assistance would be greatly helpful.

• Buffer I/O error on device

xtertristl - - General

Hello I've just got a new Western Digital 3tb drive (WD30EZRX) for my server. When I connect the drive to my OMV server though I get about 20-30 messages like this. Currently the filesystem is exFat [40157.218450] end_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 0 [40157.218538] Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 0 [40200.504316] INFO: task blockdev:20330 blocked for more than 120 seconds. [40200.504406] "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message. I goggled around…

• Re: USB install fails

xtertristl - - General

Ok so I've been digging around the old forums and I figured out how to install it by using a dd program for windows available here chrysocome.net/dd. Now that I've got it installed I just need to figure out how to get the full 16gb back on my flash drive.

xtertristl - - General

Ok So I plug the flash drive and boot up the install program it asks for language then keyboard language. Then I get a warning [!!] Detect and mount CD-ROM asking me to load additional drivers from a removable media, which I choose no because I don't have a Cd-rom drive in the computer. Next I get a warning with the question to Manually select a CD-Rom module and device. When I select yes I can then choose the Module needed for accessing the CD-ROM and I choose "none". All seems to be working up…

xtertristl - - General

I'm having a similar problem, I'm repurposing an old ultrabook with a cracked lcd. I've setup a flash drive to install from and during the install gets to the point where it looks for the CD-Rom drive and then I cannot continue. Is there a way to let the installer know that the computer I'm installing it on doesn't have a CD Drive?