Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 33.

• Odroid HC2 8TB WD red too big?

tobimaus - - General

SD card arrived today, so I made a fresh new install, put in the 8TB disk in and set up a test share. Everything worked smoothly, system rebooted in less than 1min, and after reboot, the disk was recognized and the share was there . So everything seems fine at the moment. I will now clone the 3TB disk to the 8TB disk and hopefully arrive at the system I was trying to set up in the beginning. I did not have to modify the boot.ini file for that and I certainly will not touch the "physical disk pro…

tobimaus - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Nope, this shouldn't be necessary and I don't think it's the solution (since you blacklisted the JMS578 and not a HDD). Can you please provide dmesg output again and also from lsusb -t (or simply armbianmonitor -u or -U). I'm still thinking about an underpowering problem which is simply masqueraded by forcing the HDD to operate more inefficiently (the old Mass Storage mode is a mess compared to UAS) ” Sorry, I put the 3TB disk back in, and recreated all the shares there. Cur…

tobimaus - - General

O.k, issue solved eventually , thank you @tkaiser. the little addition to "boot.ini"did the trick. Maybe it should be default? Quote from tkaiser: “ Source Code (1 line)Please be really careful to only adjust the usb-storage.quirks parameter! ” Rebooting takes considerably longer than on the 3TB disk, but I want to have the HC2 always on anyway. Cheers, T.

tobimaus - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Source Code (1 line) Please be really careful to only adjust the usb-storage.quirks parameter! When you boot with the 8TB drive connected some errors are in dmesg output that seem to indicate a UAS problem (though I think it is NOT the problem as usual). This test is simply about whether UAS blacklisting 'fixes' the issue that can be clearly seen in the log or not. So please change, reboot and report back. ” O.k., I edited boot.ini accordingly: Source Code (3 lines)Again, re…

tobimaus - - General

@tkaiser It seems I don´t even have /boot/armbianEnv.txt, shall I create it? Source Code (11 lines)

tobimaus - - General

@Sylvania I have indeed modified the physical disk properties, which seems to be o.k. for the 3TB disk. I will try a fresh install on my existing SD (I can always make a backup image first), but not at the moment. thanks, T.

tobimaus - - General

seems our last posts crossed. The output of armbianmonitor -U is too big to be uploaded to pastebin or to be attached here (1.7 MB). I will go back to the "good" disk for the time beeing. I might follow your advice once I got hold of another SD card (but most likely not before next weekend). Thank you, T.

tobimaus - - General

I put the 8TB disk in and mounted it via the web interface. Attachment test 1 shows the output of "dmsg" is in "test1.txt". Restart via the web interface takes a long time again and disk is not mounted afterwards. "dmsg" output in this state is in "test2.txt". Cheers, T.

tobimaus - - General

Currently the system is up and running with the 3TB disk. Output of dmsg is very long, see attachment: armbianmonitur -u gives: Source Code (2 lines)no url in the output. Do you want me to put the problematic 8TB disk back in? thanks, T.

tobimaus - - General

I updated the firmware successfully, but the symptoms remain unchanged. I will leave it as it is for the time being. best regards, T.

tobimaus - - General

Hi everyone, I just want to tell you about some issues I am having when setting up OMV on a Odroid HC2. I used to run OMV on a HP N40L with three WD red 3TB disks for about 5years now with hardly any issues but wanted to have a more energy efficient and less noisy system. So I bought a new WD red 8TB disk and an Odroid HC2. Setting up the system from scratch was a charm (thank you good folks here, esp. tkaiser). After not more than 30 min I found myself setting up the shares and finalizing the c…

• Temperatu Plugin

tobimaus - - Plugins

I gave sensors 3.0 a try on OMV4.0. It installed smoothly, but upon enabling the plugin, i get the following error: Source Code (1 line)cheers, T.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from tobimaus: “Any advice on this? ” Install net-tools... apt-get install net-tools The plugin needs to be ported to use the iproute commands. ” That fixed it for me, thank you.. Just another observation: autoshutdown seems to log into "boot" not into "syslog" cheers, T.

• Hi, I want to follow this threat and report a seemingly different issue with autoshutdown (4.02). I have just made a fresh install of OMV4 and everything seems to work smoothly, with the exeption of autoshutdown. Whenever I start the service, it exits after a few minutes with the following lines found in syslog: Source Code (4 lines)Any advice on this? As I said, apart from that OMV is running great and I can live without autoshutdown. Thanks for the great work, T.

• Causeless Wakeup from Shutdown

tobimaus - - General

Hi all, I am using OMV 2.1 on an HP N40L. I use autoshutdown and "wake on lan" to switch the server on and off depending on the state of the clients. Since a while I observed that the server rebooted on no cause during nighttime just to shut down again because there were no clients. This would repeat itself in irregular intervals several times every night. After some research I found that this occured since I had installed the backport kernel 3.16. I am now back to kernel 3.2 and everything is q…

• Nut Plugin / updates

tobimaus - - Plugins

Yup, that fixed it for me. thanks, T.

• Nut Plugin / updates

tobimaus - - Plugins

I have the same issue. My "solution": Define a rule in my mail client to automatically delete the monit-mails. cheers, T.

• HP NL40 fan?

tobimaus - - My NAS Build

Hi, I have the N40L and I like it very much. I found it a little bit noisy however, so after a while I changed the main fan to: be quiet! BQT T12025-MR-PWM Shadow Wings 120mm. Only After that, I realized that the noise came rather from the power supply. I did some research and finally replaced it by: Fortron PC-Netzteil 150-50tnf 150W (Voelkner) Now my little box is quiet enogh even for my wife. So my suggestion is, you try the box out first and if you think its too noisy, you can do the replace…

• SMART graphs in OMV ;).

tobimaus - - General

Ups... I guess, I did´nt run Source Code (1 line) in the first place. Now the scritpt runs without error. Sorry for that, sometimes it helps reading the instructions. thank you for helping, T.

• SMART graphs in OMV ;).

tobimaus - - General

Hi, here it comes: Source Code (14 lines) and: Source Code (2 lines) The last command gives an error, as the directory /smart/ does not exist, the rest of the path does (I confirmed that with WinSCP) Thank you for helping, T.