Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 268.

• I thought it would be cool to use ledctl from the ledmon package but it doesn't work for me. Must not work with my HBA? serverfault.com/questions/6423…e-failed-hard-drive/64310 As it is, when I install a drive, I label it according to the slot it's in. I only have an 8 bay chassis now but will probably be expanding to 24 soon...

• Remote Access to Samba shares

jollyrogr - - Network

I have the VPN connection configured on my laptop and my phone. When the VPN connection is used, it is as though I were at home on my local network. I mostly use the VPN for doing remote administration and private web surfing while on other networks.

• OMV 3 to 4 upgrade issues

jollyrogr - - Updates/Upgrades

Maybe I'm crazy, but I have put plans to migrate from 3 to 4 on hold. OMV 3 works flawlessly and I'm not looking for problems to fix. When the time comes, I'll probably migrate using a fresh install. Maybe wait until 5 is ready and go from 3 to 5.

jollyrogr - - Network

Then you need a VPN. I have a VPN but it is configured on my router, not on OMV. Pretty sure it could be setup using OMV if you so desired. I see there's an OpenVPN plugin that you can install. Sorry for the confusion. Alternatively, if all you want to do is move some files, you could use FTP instead of SMB. Then you wouldn't need the VPN. You would just need to open the appropriate port on your firewall (recommend using something other than 21) and connect to the server from anywhere.

jollyrogr - - Network

So you're trying to stream from omv (rpi) to a TV over your local network? Then you don't need a VPN. If you're using DLNA then you need a DLNA server. Install the omv-extras repo for plugins and then install the openmediavault-minidlna plugin. That should allow you to serve media to DLNA clients.

• OMV 3 to 4 upgrade issues

jollyrogr - - Updates/Upgrades

are the backports supposed to be enabled for VB in omv 4?

• Proposed NAS setup

jollyrogr - - General

Read the lost Swede's reply in post #9. You cannot run OMV on a QNAP.

• Proposed NAS setup

jollyrogr - - General

DIY NAS isn't for everyone. At least he didn't get a Drobo.

• Expanding JBOD

jollyrogr - - General

Quote from elizabethdawson90: “I've already came across this topic somewhere and I have strong concerns about the security in this case. Elizabeth Dawson custom writing service ” Do explain.

• Proposed NAS setup

jollyrogr - - General

You can do better than Drobo. Are you capable of building a machine or do you need one prebuilt? Quote: “The Drobo was initially criticized for lacking an Ethernet port,[16] preventing it from being used as a self-contained NAS appliance. These complaints have been addressed with the release of the DroboShare physical add-on, and the release of the Drobo FS and DroboPro FS, Drobo 5N dedicated NAS versions. Some reviewers complained about speed and reliability issues of the 2nd generation Drobo w…

• Help with my proposed build

jollyrogr - - General

You have 10 hard drives and the motherboard only has 4 sata ports.

• not sure if it matters, but I always use the command omv-update

• Proposed NAS setup

jollyrogr - - General

no raid controller necessary, especially if using snapraid.

• Unable to delete shared folder

jollyrogr - - General

you deleted the directory from the terminal first didn't you? I would try recreating the directory from the terminal and then deleting from the UI.

• Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking

jollyrogr - - Plugins

I had not thought about automating the update but that sounds like a good idea.

jollyrogr - - Plugins

I was wondering how you would use this with a docker pi-hole. I suppose another option would be to run unbound in a docker as well?

jollyrogr - - Plugins

I have noticed no slowness. I ran the GRC DNS test after setting up the unbound resolver, and my server was the fastest as well as most secure.

jollyrogr - - Plugins

I found this simple guide docs.pi-hole.net/guides/unbound/ and am now running my own resolver on the pi-hole VM. Seems to work awesome.

• see here: Download old RP3 OMV images

jollyrogr - - Plugins

After checking my pi-hole configuration, I was actually using Google DNS. I ran the GRC test, and my ISP DNS tested the fastest, with cloudfare #2 and google #3. I have changed pi-hole to use my ISP DNS and enabled DNSSEC since my ISP DNS supports it