Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• OMV-Remote Desktop-lag-disorder

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from M0rpheus: “Just like here now ” That is a browser cache issue. Quote from M0rpheus: “What about the openssh server, what's the best way to choose it? ” Pick the default option.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from M0rpheus: “maybe I installed something wrong or did something wrong / forgotten? ” First of all, use this image as it already has OMV installed - github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux…-0.7.11-1075-armhf.img.xz Then update the system from the updates tab. Then install the remotedesktop plugin from the plugins tab. And don't worry about the weakref.py error. it is harmless.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from M0rpheus: “Does somebody has any idea? ” I don't have omv on my rockpro64 anymore but remotedesktop was working fine when it was testing it. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep xrdp

• Quote from votdev: “I think the best will be that devices connected via USB are not displayed in the RAID creation dialog anymore. This is very easy to implement. ” I like this idea but we might need a note mentioning this on the form. Otherwise, people will wonder why their drives don't show up. And for the people who insist on doing the wrong thing, they can still create an array from the command line.

• Quote from tkaiser: “All that helps is disabled RAID functionality on platforms where it will only cause harm (data loss and/or corruption). That applies to almost all the SBC platforms unfortunately. ” Anything we do to disable raid would be reverted by an OMV upgrade since Volker does not want to make the raid plugin a separate plugin.

• All of my OMV installs start the first partition on 2048. What kind of hardware are you using?

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from syrusstk: “I blame the unstable internet speed of my ISP it just varies between 200Mbps to 400Mbps on upload speed. ” If your upload is that fast, xrdp should be fine. My upload is 10mbps even though my download is 200mbps. So, it is painful to use anything but RDP on Windows. I used nx server 3.x back when it was free and it was awesome but nothing else compares.

• Quote from hanscees: “But this is why I prefer to install my own software instead of pre-installed. Shame the install on debian edge does not work. ” But the default on Debian 10+ is that root is not permitted to login via ssh. So, I don't see how this would've solved your problem.

• 10gbps network performing at 1gbps

ryecoaaron - - Network

I have a similar setup as well. Are you sure your hardware (disks in particular) is fast enough?

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from syrusstk: “you can try using a docker image ” While it is worth a shot, I don't think the plugin is causing this. The plugin requires the version of xrdp from backports. So, it is fairly current.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

xrdp (which is what the remote desktop plugin uses) still uses VNC on the backend. I don't find it anywhere near as good as real rdp on internet connections that are slower speed (slower upload is typical on home connections) and/or higher latency. Out of curiousity, why do you desparately need a desktop on your NAS?

• I think the two routers is causing some of the problem and the fact that you don't specify an ip address on one of the routers to forward port 21 to doesn't make any sense to me how that would ever work.

• Quote from funibeer: “Does anyone have some Ideas why this is happening ” Don't manually add the omv-extras repos to your sources.list. Just install omv-extras and it will add them to a separate file.

• Quote from tkaiser: “correctly then the plugin creates an dd image only of the rootfs partition. If so this wouldn't be enough for the RPi since the main operating system (ThreadX) lives on the FAT32 boot partition. And without ThreadX no Linux/OMV will boot. ” Correct, it doesn't backup everything on installs that have more than one "OS" partition. This was done because too many people have a data partition on the OS drive. But you probably could write the RPi install image to an SD card and th…

• How to save grub configuration.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Spyrious: “sudo shellinaboxd -v -t -p 4200 --no-beep --linkify=none It is running. ” As it should, it is a daemon that isn't running in daemon mode. If it works that way, it should work when the service starts it. If it doesn't work, I was hoping for some error messages.

• Quote from vbalazs: “How should I add port to the firewall rules? Please someone. ” You don't need to add anything to firewall rules. If you have anything, delete them. If port forwarding isn't working, then your router setup is wrong. What does it look like?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from geaves: “that's interesting because mine returns this; but mine works! ” His service isn't running and that is why it works. The command will work on your system if you stop the service first - I had to do this as well since mine works. Quote from Spyrious: “But edge gives this error now ” This is expected since you don't have cert for the service. It should still work.

• Quote from vbalazs: “ecause that installed defaultly. If i remove the iptables then it also removes openmediavault web service. So I can't share the port. ” It is installed but doesn't do anything unless you configure it.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Spyrious: “took a long time to finish the output ” Looks like it was working. Were you able to access shellinabox before you exited?

• Just out of curiosity, if the system is behind a router, why are you using iptables?