Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Mount drives without formatting

ryecoaaron - - General

I pass through quite a few disks on ESXi on my personal setup and they work fine. I'm not sure why you can't see the filesystems.

• Backup a live system

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from PWSteal: “It would be nice to see the "No hassle free restore with WebGUI for now" disclaimer in plugin description. You know, maybe it's cool, but it's not noob-friendly ” Many people have many different definitions of "hassle free". While it may be bad for noobs, I would rather them be able to create a backup that they need help restoring than not have a backup at all. If I put a message like that on the plugin (yuck - that makes people think it sucks), then noobs wouldn't use it at…

• Page dump error on new install

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Antioch: “How does the ZFS plugin get along with the proxmox kernel? ” It doesn't know anything about the kernel. Quote from Antioch: “Is the plugin aware of the proxmox kernel and doesn't force unnecessary recompiles of the stock kernel when upgrading? ” The plugin doesn't actually do the compiles. The zfs-dkms package does this and it is smart enough to release the zfs module is already there skipping the compile. Quote from Antioch: “Out of curiosity, do you know of any (simple) wa…

• Update your system to the latest version of OMV from the Updates tab. This was fixed quite a while ago.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from zibbp: “No, the disk only appear under the "Disks" tab, not under the File Systems. I can only see them under File Systems if I create a new file system. ” If the Filesystems tab doesn't show them, then Linux doesn't "see" a filesystem. How are you presenting the disk to the OMV guest? Passthrough (rdm)?

• Quote from flmaxey: “Now that you mentioned it, I can't help but wonder where the largest ZFS user base is? BSD, Solaris, or Linux? ” Probably solaris in the corporate world but bsd switched to ZoL because there is more work happening on Linux.

ryecoaaron - - General

If you click mount in the filesystems tab, it shouldn't try to format them. It will only do that if you click create. Are the filesystems in the list in the FIlesytems tab?

• Quote from shannonc: “actually there are lots of entries of zfs ” We saw that in one of the threads as well. I think if you wipefs -o each of the offsets, it would fix it. You would just have to get the next offset with wipefs -n after each wipefs -o. No idea why wipefs -n doesn't list all of the zfs offsets. Either way, I think it might work. I just was curious if you tried that method and it didn't work.

• Quote from shannonc: “After searching through the whole forum, I couldn't find a solution. ” There are a couple of threads that had some of it but not the part about backing it up, wiping everything, and restoring the stuff you need. Did you ever try just wiping the zfs signature with: wipefs -o 0x3a37977f000

• It doesn't look like it survived.

• User and group seach

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from psilva: “Is there any plugin or any way (that I'm missing) to search for a specific user or group in the user/group section ou shared folders section? ” No but you could use ldapsearch or getent from the command line.

• Quote from chuckado: “assemble was not working so I tried create. ” I didn't see in any of your posts where you did an --assemble --force and specify all 7 drives. I was going to recommend it but you had already done the create. Quote from chuckado: “Anyway to confirm the filesystem is gone? ” While the filesystems should show it, what is the output of: blkid Quote from chuckado: “If so what is the best way to remove the references to it? ” remove shared folders from plugins remove shared folder…

• Backup a live system

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from PWSteal: “Ordoid-HC2 has USB port but no video output, so I believe Clonezilla liveusb is not an option, right? Can someone please advice how to restore this backup? ” Clonezilla doesn't work on arm boards and the backup plugin doesn't backup enough parts of the SD card to do a full restore. If you just need to restore OS files, you need gunzip -c the backup-omv-14-Jan-2019_19-10-40.dd.gz file pipe to dd of command on a linux system. I have posted quite a few times on how to restore t…

• Quote from chuckado: “For additional detail, I was able to get the raid back up by recreating it with the same disks and it came up clean. The raid now has a different name, could this by why the filesystem will not mount because it is looking for a different raid name. The device name is still /dev/md127 but the raid name changed from omv2:raid5 to omv2:127. Could this be my issue? ” Did you use the create flag to get it to come back up instead of the assemble flag??? If so, I have warned peopl…

• Quote from bvrulez: “Is there a way to transfer easily from a RAID to SnapRaid? Can you recommend a guide? ” Nope. You need to wipe your disks and format them with a filesystem, mount them in the filesystems tab, and then restore your data from backup. There is no guide for this because there are too many unique setups to try and account for.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Antioch: “This is my kernel, not sure if it's the latest. ” It is the latest. Quote from Antioch: “No, FreeNAS is running on actual hardware. If OMV tests out then I will move OMV over to said hardware, but given that this issue occurred within an hour of me testing on a VM I'm a bit hesitant to move to metal without understanding the issue. ” I don't consider this a fair comparison. I think OMV is more stable on hardware than a hyper-v VM especially if that hardware is stable running…

ryecoaaron - - General

Is the VM fully updated with the latest 4.19 kernel? Are you running freenas in a hyper-v vm on windows?

• Quote from chuckado: “Is there someone else who might know more? ” google I do know there is no "good" way to stop a reshape You can suspend it with something like echo "idle" > /sys/block/md127/md/sync_action followed by a reboot but I don't think anyone is going to give you a solution that is 100% safe.

• Seems the zfs fix is pretty trivial... github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/8259 Quote from https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/8259: “just disable the vectorized versions of the checksums if _kernel_fpu{begin,end} are not detected. ”

• Quote from W0RSCHD: “Thank you for answering. I purged the plugin already, with no success. What exactly do i have to delete in the backupsection? Can you describe it please for "dummies" that i know what i have to delete. So like you write i have to edit the config.xml file and there delete the "backup section", i understand right? ” Yes, I know you purged it but it needs to be purged when editing the config.xml. As root: source /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions omv_config_dele…