Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 479.

• Good. I wouldn’t be without ZOL and I wouldn’t use FreeBSD. Talking of which, looks like they’ll soon being using the ZOL code: phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=FreeBSD-ZFS-On-Linux I wonder if this will encourage major changes... the kind of changes that probably haven’t happened in order to maintain compatibility with FreeBSD? If the major players are all using the same code base, will pool shrinking and defragging finally arrive? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Interesting - phoronix.com/scan.php?page=new…=ZFS-On-Linux-5.0-Problem” No doubt Ubuntu will sort it out and the rest will follow. They won’t want to lose one of their biggest features. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Android apps leaking data to Facebook

ellnic - - Off-Topic

I’ve been thinking a lot about this since I read the article and findings over a week ago. It’s probably old news by now, but just in case it’s been missed: Privacy international have used a MITM proxy to see what a collection of popular android apps are doing without user knowledge. They found that a lot of them send data to Facebook as soon as the app is open (over 60%), regardless of if you have a Facebook account. I verified this using a popular firewall app and some of the apps mentioned - …

• First post I made about this on the Tapatalk forums is Aug 24th and it predates that. It’s easy to forget how long this has actually been going on for! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• By now = at this point. Ie. It’s not resolved yet. Ergo, it’s taking too long. It’s at least 4-5 months off the top of my head. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I was hoping this would have been resolved by now Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• The joys of working at Ashworth? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I’ve drunk way too much already so will probably be too fuzzy to post anything coherent tomorrow morning. So, best wishes to all - enjoy the festivities. Have a good one! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Or, it would seem you are right @macom. Links too! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• There are 2 types of ban. Editing a post relatively quickly only gets you a temporary ban IIRC, but the permanent ban caused by the Tapatalk is something to do with quoting a post. Tapatalk freaks at something and repeats the post. I am not entirely sure but have had reasonable success replicating this. The forums antispam filter gives you a three strike policy. Your post is one, one quote makes it 2 (ie. Tapatalk will post twice). If you quote 2 or more times in a post it will make 3 or more at…

• great! Enjoy. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Good stuff! And the web UI etc all work? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• You CAN have OMV 4 and 32bit. Download this: cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/c…an-9.5.0-i386-netinst.iso Install without a desktop environment. After install, fix your Grub options as you described then login as root or your user and gain root privs. Then follow this: openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…stallation/on_debian.html from the section Debian 9 (Stretch) This will give you a 32bit install of OMV4. Job done. To fix the GUI etc on your present install, use the omv-firstaid command. Sent from my …

• SSH is off by default IIRC. Also, I’m pretty sure it’s still possible to install the latest version in 32bit by installing Debian first then adding OMV repos and installing afterwards. When 32bit support in the prebuilt ISOs was dropped, I seem to remember this being mentioned. @votdev is this still the case? Can OMV be installed on top of a Debian 9 32bit system using the usual instructions at openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…stallation/on_debian.html ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• You can either: Scan the usual threads to see if someone has tried and it works - probably hoppel Or Go for it when you have a few minutes and it’s not mission critical to be up and running (in case it doesn’t work). Remember not to auto remove the old kernel and, if you find it doesn’t work, revert. Personally I prefer the former. But I also don’t upgrade the kernel too often on my critical systems. I totally get wanting to be as up to date as possible, but this is Debian, not Arch or Gentoo. U…

• Great, now hold the kernel When a new kernel comes out, check it will work, unhold, upgrade, hold again. Rinse/repeat. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• You should really consider holding the kernel too once you’re all sorted and up and running again. Either use the GUI modifications that ryecoaaron added to the apt tool plugin or: Source Code (1 line) Then the kernel won’t upgrade until you unhold it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I meant on the same system at the same time. Ie. Look at the CLI you get one, at the GUI the other - if you’ve left Windows behind you won’t be looking at those numbers. But yes, knowledge is probably the best solution Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• True. But I think this is particularly confusing because users who run OMV and ZFS may eventually find themselves using the ZFS tools in the CLI and there is a mismatch between the way they each display sizes. At least if you moved from Win to Linux you don’t have 2 different figures staring at you. But then I suppose one could also argue that if you’re using the command line and the ZFS tools in the terminal then you should probably notice that one is TB and one is TiB. Took me a second to spot…

• Fair enough What about a footnote? “Please note: sizes displayed here are in TiB to stay in line with OMV. Sizes displayed by the zpool command are in TB.” Or is this just stupid? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk