Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 999.

• Quote from PC_Pal68: “Quote from KM0201: “log in on the console or via ssh as root apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get dist-upgrade when that's all done, apt-get -f install The docker plugin install was (not sure if it still is) was broken. That should fix the problem. ” It worked !!!!! Boy would I not been able to do this on my own... Since I'm new to this and not an linux pro: wouldn't it been possible to do this through GUI (remote access)? I thought I had update/upgrade OS and plugins bef…

• log in on the console or via ssh as root apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get dist-upgrade when that's all done, apt-get -f install The docker plugin install was (not sure if it still is) was broken. That should fix the problem.

• New Help me choose OMV

KM0201 - - General

Quote from borngborn: “Quote from KM0201: “I guess if you really must know if this will work (I'm assuming it probably would work w/ Debian) Install Debian 9 to a USB flash drive. Boot Debian 9 Follow those instructions See if you get the desired result. ” To answer your question hardware transcoding that patch removes the NVENC session limit on geforce cards with docker so since its debian based it should work right also what about passing gpu through to docker using this funkypenguin.co.nz/not…

• New Help me choose OMV

KM0201 - - General

I guess if you really must know if this will work (I'm assuming it probably would work w/ Debian) Install Debian 9 to a USB flash drive. Boot Debian 9 Follow those instructions See if you get the desired result.

• New Help me choose OMV

KM0201 - - General

Why are you concerned about an Nvidia driver w/ a server? (or maybe I'm missing something). Since the server has no GUI, and it's simply text on the console.. it's really not a concern.. unless you're wanting to run a full desktop on your server.

• Add Folder

KM0201 - - Guides

Did you create a folder under Shared Folder for sync thing to use? If so, what are the permissions of said folder?

• So I got gifted an XU4Q

KM0201 - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from KM0201: “Yep.. due to work, I'm extremely anal about personal security. I have no Facebook, Twitter, ” Same here and for the same reasons, but I'm continuing the same in retirement. As a side benefit, I haven't had to deal with identity theft or any of the other "took much information" crimes. I do have a facebook account with my dog's picture in it, and no info. (I used it to keep track of what my kids were doing with FB, when they were underage.) ” Yep... I have…

KM0201 - - General

Quote from razvanrudy: “Is this problem with USB related only to the Cloudshell 2 or the on board USB 3.0 have the same problem? @tkaiser I have the XU4 and Cloudshell 2 and want to know if I should still try to do something with it or not......at least if the board only is still a viable option and just throwing away the Cloudshell 2 or should I throw away both ? ” Damn, that bad? I was looking on one of the links he posted earlier, and there's a link to a new firmware... so I'll probably check…

KM0201 - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from KM0201: “all of them are on Face-Tard (sorry, I think it's stupid) ” Funny "Face-Tard" is another so-called free "service" that amazes me. People put their life history on a Web page, and complain when their privacy is breached. If you don't put it out there, it can't be hacked... ” Yep.. due to work, I'm extremely anal about personal security. I have no Facebook, Twitter,

• The Debian ISO should allow you to manually set your partitions.... Did you try creating a 3gig swap and the rest / ?

• Just make sure when it asks you what to install, only install ssh.. no desktops, etc.

• Quote from bodem: “I am doing it on a laptop running kde neon. I will shutdown my omv and pull card and put it in gparted on laptop so i can get a screen shot. Will take a few minutes,forum.openmediavault.org/index…76807a9c2a1592e9aad42f662forum.openmediavault.org/index…76807a9c2a1592e9aad42f662forum.openmediavault.org/index…76807a9c2a1592e9aad42f662 ” I have never seen that.. Weird. I would probably just start over since you probably don't have a ton of time invested in such a new install. Did …

• Sonarr docker plugin just quits

KM0201 - - Plugins

Quote from happimeal: “Anyone notice , that for no apparent reason, the Sonarr Docker will just disappear from running containers, an you have to run it again. I have sonarr, radarr, ombi, jackett and plex running, and about every 3-5 days, i have to go start sonarr again, its completely missing from the list of running containers. ” I don't use Sonarr, but of the 5-6 dockers I've used, none of them have ever done that. I'm assuming even if the docker is somehow removed.. .the log is still somew…

• No device shows

KM0201 - - General

OK, so SDA is your storage drive, correct? If so... As I said earlier, (and assuming it has no data)... Click on it, and click Wipe, then Yes/Quick (By the way, 130gig flash drive for OMV, is a waste of a large flash drive.. 16-32gig is plenty)

• No device shows

KM0201 - - General

Quote from kdmiller45: “See attachment The only disk here is sdb1 and nothing appears in the Device Drop down arrow ” Where it says "Disks" do you see the other physical disk that should be your storage drive. You said you made it to the last step in the post I made above, but if you don't see the file system then you didn't even make it past the 2nd one.

• No device shows

KM0201 - - General

Quote from kdmiller45: “I followed all those instructions and the last step is where nothing shows ” What is the name of the shared folder you created?

• No device shows

KM0201 - - General

Quote from kdmiller45: “I went to storage/disk and swiped it then formatted with ext4 then went to access Rights Management/Shared Folders and tried to add it after trying to select Device nothing showed where would I have mounted it Keith ” Assuming no data is on the drive... Click on Disks Click on your Storage Disk Click Wipe Choose Yes/Quick When it's done Click Filesystems Click Create Choose your Storage drive from the drop down Create your filesystem Click Shared Folders Create a Share Ad…

• some questions about openmediavault

KM0201 - - General

OK, it sounds like something didn't install or maybe is missing a dependency... Like I said, log in at Console or SSH apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get -f install

KM0201 - - General

Well right as I posted that, a hit came up on Google.. did you have an issue while installing something? Try logging in to the console (or SSH, if you've set it up).. and type apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get -f install

KM0201 - - General

That I'm not sure on... I've seen that error posted before, but I've never experienced it. Honestly I always update via command line over SSH.. I've not used the GUI update tool in so long I may be getting it.. Just checked... I'm not..