Search Results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

• Android apps leaking data to Facebook

_ellnic_ - - Off-Topic

Or don't.

• Android apps leaking data to Facebook

_ellnic_ - - Off-Topic

Correct me if I am wrong, but you can disable Google tracking on an Android device for the most part. I think the reason the FB study is so interesting is because it does a lot of it without users or developers even being aware. You can choose to use a different DNS server, you can choose to not use Chrome and Google search... Firefox and DDG and disable all the Google privacy stuff in Android for example. Yet, this does not affect the FB SDK. I suppose it's very easy to misconstrue my post as "…

• Losing access to OMV

_ellnic_ - - General

o_O Sent from Tapatalk on a dilapidated Android device for the time being

• Yup that did it. I'm gonna stop messing now. It's definitely something to do with nested code/quotes that doesn't happen via desktop.

• RE:

_ellnic_ - - Off-Topic

Quote from ellnic: “Quote from ellnic: “Quote from Tapatalk_Test: “Quote from Tapatalk_Test: “Quote from Tapatalk_Test: “Quote from Tapatalk_Test: “Quote from Tapatalk_Test: “Quote from Tapatalk_Test: “Normal post Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ” Quote post1 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ” 2 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ” 3 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ” 4 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ” 5 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ” It must be something more than just quotes -…

• RE:

_ellnic_ - - Off-Topic

Quote from ellnic: “Quote from ellnic: “Quote from Tapatalk_Test: “Quote from Tapatalk_Test: “Quote from Tapatalk_Test: “Quote from Tapatalk_Test: “Quote from Tapatalk_Test: “Quote from Tapatalk_Test: “Normal post Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ” Quote post1 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ” 2 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ” 3 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ” 4 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ” 5 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ” It must be something more than just quotes -…

• Yes it did - thanks. I think it's quoting code, not quoting others that's doing it.

• You need to use the CLI to edit your sources, and install the backports kernel.

• That got me banned. I bet it’s a temporary ban though. Not the one we are trying to track down. Will check tomorrow to confirm.

• I've just gone to post on the WoltLab forums and was greeted by this message: "In order to receive support for our products, you have to verify as a license holder. Questions before the purchase can be asked in the appropriate forum" Not sure how much I can do as it's not a pre-sales issue. Here's the error message that Tapatalk got: forum.openmediavault.org/index…76807a9c2a1592e9aad42f662 And I found one that I got too: forum.openmediavault.org/index…76807a9c2a1592e9aad42f662 This occurred when…

• Update: Howdy has said that they do not think the app is responsible, as they are getting errors from the forum without it. Next step is to talk to the guys at WoltLab. @votdev How do you block spam on the forums? Is it a Burning Board stock setting, a plugin or something else?

• Update: I posted again on the TT forums in light of the issue persisting and they’ve said the devs are aware and will give us an update tomorrow. Not sure if this is an app update or status update, so watch this space.

• Quote from hoppel118118: “After 7 or 8 edits my user got blocked. I think it’s a security feature of the forum software. Can‘t see my post from my regular user @hoppel118. I think it’s in the administration queue. But this is ok I think. So I have to wait some hours until my account gets unlocked automatically. Greetings Hoppel ” No, it’s not fixed. I’ve just been banned replying to your post. Edit: I’ve posted info over at TT’s forums.

• Ok, will sort.

• @votdev I’ve had a reply from a user called Howdy at Tapatalk. They’ve asked for a test account and an example thread so they can see what is happening. Would you be able to PM or email me some login details and I will feed it back. I’ll provide a link to the ZFS kernel 4.13-4.15 thread as an example.

• Thanks, will see what I can find.

• I didn’t learn my lesson and used Tapatalk again last night so have been banned again. From what I can tell, this appears to happen when quoting a post. @votdev so I can give some specifics over at the Tapatalk forums, could you tell me what version of the Tapatalk plugin the forum is using? I’ll see what I can find out. ellnic