Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• SATA card

flmaxey - - General

Disclaimer: If you haven't done it before; Ebay is is what it is, which I would characterize as "buyer beware". This is not an endorsement and there are no guarantees. ____________________________________________________________________ This was the listing where I bought the H200. Note it took over three weeks for it to arrive in my location, in the US. The two breakout cables I bought-> here. (A US seller - it arrived in about a week.) This is an interesting alternative -> cables. (China. It w…

• Quote from FFrank: “What is it about the scrubb? Why are still 14691 files with zero sub-second timestamp? ” New or open files (temp files for example) may need to be "touched" again. (But you went from over 400K to 14K files.) This is why automating it, (daily, whatever works for you) makes sense. These processes use resources so, once you're familiar with them, setting automated tasks for after-hours is the best practice. ________________________________________________________________ On the …

• (While a bit redundant - a repost at the request of the user.) __________________________________________________________ If your parity disk is the largest (or the same size) as the other two disks, you have the setup right, but you don't need a content file on the parity disk. I'd edit the parity drive and remove content. The rest is OK. Quote from FFrank: “No sync is in progress. The 100% of the array is not scrubbed. You have 443439 files with zero sub-second timestamp. Run the 'touch' comma…

• Page dump error on new install

flmaxey - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “ Quote from Antioch: “Out of curiosity, do you know of any (simple) way to get OMV installed onto a zfs formatted partition rather than ext4? ” Simple? No. Why? Do you really need the OS on zfs? ” I wholeheartedly agree with ryecoaaron. The default, EXT4 is simple, reliable, recovers well from dirty shutdowns and, if needed, it's possible to repair it.

• With the ZOL project being sponsored and ran by the Lawrence Livermore National Lab, well,, that's really powerful backing. (Tax payer funded.) It's no wonder why more is going on in ZOL. Yep, this hiccup with kernel 5 should be resolved in no time.

• Quote from ellnic: “I wonder if this will encourage major changes... the kind of changes that probably haven’t happened in order to maintain compatibility with FreeBSD? ” Now that you mentioned it, I can't help but wonder where the largest ZFS user base is? BSD, Solaris, or Linux?

• Page dump error on new install

flmaxey - - General

Quote from Antioch: “I would like to figure out what the heck is going on because this doesn't look to be stable enough for me to want to use to replace FreeNAS which has been rock solid. ” You couldn't do anything that would realistically be considered "stability" testing, in a Windows client VM. For a fair comparison, OMV would need to be installed on actual hardware or ran from a purpose built VM server like Proxmox or ESXi.

• RE VM's in VM's. When I mentioned "known issues" networking problems are at the top of the list. For a VM to work, hardware must be abstracted and there must be support to allow it. When it comes to dealing with multiple network addresses and other details, part of how NIC hardware abstraction is done is with sub-interfaces. As is easy to imagine, there's a number of variables involved that simply can't be taken into account. Accordingly, VM's in VM's are a "at your risk" endeavour.

• Quote from Jozi: “I noticed after doing all the updates it has a newer version of debian as a boot option, incidentally, thats the debian version which I had problems with at the start! ” You wouldn't be the first to have to "back into an installation". I've heard of a case where a user had to install an earlier version of OMV and do a command line upgrade (omv-release-upgrade) to get to a newer version. (There's so many variable involved.) I don't think you'll be disappointed. OMV is the best t…

• I've never followed the video install tutorial so I can't comment on that. Quote from Jozi: “I did a re-install yesterday evening using USA for sources. Strangely enough when copy/pasting from one of the linked pages in this thread nothing worked, however copy/pasting from your previous response did work. ” It might have been a coincidence or something as simple as a missing letter, but it's good that it worked out. (For future reference, If you copy and paste a script, it's best to copy it into…

• So I got gifted an XU4Q

flmaxey - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “ a really brilliant idea is to hand over everything you're doing on the Internet to Google by using their DNS servers for example... ” Why use Google, or any of the others, when you can run your own recurvise DNS server?

flmaxey - - General

Quote from KM0201: “Yep.. due to work, I'm extremely anal about personal security. I have no Facebook, Twitter, ” Same here and for the same reasons, but I'm continuing the same in retirement. As a side benefit, I haven't had to deal with identity theft or any of the other "took much information" crimes. I do have a facebook account with my dog's picture in it, and no info. (I used it to keep track of what my kids were doing with FB, when they were underage.)

flmaxey - - General

Quote from KM0201: “all of them are on Face-Tard (sorry, I think it's stupid) ” Funny "Face-Tard" is another so-called free "service" that amazes me. People put their life history on a Web page, and complain when their privacy is breached. If you don't put it out there, it can't be hacked...

• rsync: Unterminated quoted string

flmaxey - - RSync

You may find, the next time you make a change (where the yellow "confirm" banner comes up), that your manual edits are overwritten.

• The Class E Network

flmaxey - - Off-Topic

Quote from ryecoaaron: “xfs is actually the default filesystem for Redhat/CentOS even on desktop systems and laptops ” Redhat ... XFS,, coming to us from the same folks that depreciated BTRFS. (Can you see a bit of irony in that? ) Still, XFS has a longer history and performance record when compared to BTRFS. Laptops and Desktops, from a file system perspective, are two distinctly different devices. One has an UPS built in, the other does not. ____________________________________________________…

flmaxey - - RSync

For a work around: Since you appear to be backing up, I'm assuming that you want to "mirror" a source folder (NFS) to a destination folder (on the external drive). This -> guide, on page 61, has an example of a Rsync command line for a drive-to-drive mirror. The switches for mirroring are explained and there's also an explain of to add the command line to Scheduled Job's. It's easy to drill farther down, to the folder level, on the source and destination. If you're looking for an easy way to det…

flmaxey - - RSync

Quote from TheGammel: “It is really strange that this error only appears for two of my 4 jobs... even after recreating all of them... ” Now "that" is interesting. Are you fully up to date? Just for clarification, if this surfaces again, you said your copying from an NFS share. Is the destination another network share or is it a regular folder? In essence, are you using Services, Rsync or are you running an Rsync command line from System, Scheduled jobs? (The latter, a Rsync command line in Syste…

• While this config won't work for your model UPS, try the following settings, save it, and see what happens. forum.openmediavault.org/index…20c986b84ce3c740e74a80440

flmaxey - - RSync

Quote from TheGammel: “but now one rsync job throws the following error: ” Maybe something went wrong when the job saved? An odd event can happen. Have you tried deleting the rsync job, and recreating it in a new job?

• The Class E Network

flmaxey - - Off-Topic

There, I put my 2 cents on github. Hopefully, Volker will read it and at least give it due consideration (about 5 seconds smile.png ).