Search Results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

• OMG, this Midnight Commander is sweet!! Thank you so much:) Reminds me of an old ass laptop my dad used to have in 90s Any special procedures to disconnect the drive?

• Quote from macom: “I assume you have the USB drive mounted on your HC2. One option is to create shared folders in the GUI of OMV and point them to folders on the USB drive. Then you can create rsync jobs to copy/sync the data from one shared folder on the USB drive to another shared folder on the main drive. Another option is to use midnight commander (mc). mc can be used via CLI (putty for example). To install apt-get install mc then run with mc. You will find your drives in the folder /srv/. A…

• Hello there, Sorry for creating a second topic this week, but couldn't find anything upon searching. Previously I've tried using WinSCP but for some reason it filled up the micro sd card badly and I just reinstalled the OMV. I am very clueless with linux unfortunately but like the challenge, time is the trouble however. Since I don't want to reinstall the system again, I am reluctant to try a different file manager to avoid getting the system filled up. More so, file didn't copy because it was a…

• Hey Gang, Just got HC2 this week and been playing with it. Today it felt like I broke it and decided to re-flash the microSD card with a fresh image of OMV4. Been setting up everything according to Techno Dad's videos. Today after enabling Docker-se in the OMV Extras and trying to install the Docker plugin I'm getting nowhere for some reason. Below is an error log, hopefully someone can recommend a solution. Source Code (49 lines)

• Quote from tkaiser: “ Quote from Gromov: “First one was a 16GB Kingston ” Most probably not but a fake card. All the popular brands are loved by fraudsters who print those logos on their counterfeit flash products. That's why testing SD cards prior to usage is that important... ” I doubt it's fake because I bought at a reputable PC shop here. Weird issue. Assigned a static IP address to HC2 from my modem, all of a sudden getting IP conflicts within my network. I think it's just a sh!t modem from…

• ugh. So it was the Micro SD card. First one was a 16GB Kingston and the other one is a few year old Sandisk Class 10 card and it booted right up. Thanks guys:)

• Quote from Adoby: “You must have DHCP enabled on the internet router/modem connected to the HC2 while you boot th HC2 with a new SD-card. OMV need to connect to the internet to complete the install! You should be able to see the HC2 claim a local IP-address from the DHCP server. Typically 192.168.#.###. Use a good SD-card. Allow plenty of time for the install. The time needed depends on the SD-card and the internet connection. Typically just a few minutes with a fast card, but be patient... Try …

• Hey gang. Got my HC2 bundle today. Excited, but cannot figure out why I cannot find it on the network. Flashed latest OMV_4_Odroid_XU4_HC1_HC2.img.xz on my HC2 with etcher on a 16GB micro sd. All lights come on. Red, green is on, blue is flashing. Orange network light is slowly blinking. However cannot see the device on my modem and don't cannot see it on Angry IP Scanner. Network port and cable is OK, checked it on a PC.

• Quote from KM0201: “You don't really say which HC2 kit you got... but rather than getting another HC2, another option would be a USB to Sata cable, and just plug the "backup" drive into one of the usb ports, and then use rsync locally.. no network involved. Disconnect when you don't need it. ” Isn't there only one HC2? I've ordered this one: hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-hc2-home-cloud-two/ Syncing through USB is a pretty good idea actually, thanks.

• @KM0201, @macom, @Adoby and @tkaiser thank you all for your input. I never knew about ODROID, especially the HC2 units that sounds pretty awesome. Just ordered one to test it out from US and hoping it won't be noticed by a customs office. European dealers are very expensive, HC2 with a clear top and a power adapter comes up to 110-120 EUR, madness. So if/when I get the second one, RSYNC command will have to go through the network I assume, it is possible for it to cause network congestion? Proba…

• Hey All, Been a while since I wanted a NAS. I was looking at entry level Qnaps but I just cannot justify the budget for that yet and also my inner geek want's to have some fun. I've ordered a Raspberry Pi yesterday but cancelled the order because it seems a little under powered for the task. Goals: Latest OMV, Torrenting, DLNA streaming to a TV connected to the same network, maybe a cloud solution later, RAID 1. That's it. I was looking at some used motherboards last night with the recommended i…