Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 78.

• Show free space

therock003 - - CIFS/SMB

Is there any way to see it directly from windows instead of going to webgui every time. This is the way i was doing but its not really convenient. Its strange that when i checked the total file size it was exactly to the capacity of the drive. Last time i tried to write more data than a drive can handle i sent it into oblivion, and it failed. Yesterday i tried moving a large portion of that drive to an external one to free up some space, and i was getting write speeds of 4MB/s. Thats like a down…

• Show free space

therock003 - - CIFS/SMB

I am not familiar with linux share artchitecture, but what happens when you try to write more data than the drive can offer. I was pushing data to a share, i then selected all files and hit properties, and it showed me that total space was 1.81TB. Thats as much as my whole drive.

• Yes it go solved. I got a hammer and smashed the drive to pieces, and i solved the problem of being on edge about another failing drive

• Found a software Minitool partition wizard which can recover the partition, but its not free. IS there a way to do this without paying

• I have a server running OMV3 with 4x 300GB drives formatted as ext4 partitions. One of those 4 drives, has 3 shares inside, and yesterday i was copying some files in one of this shares. Eventually one copying concluded, i switched off the server as i do every night, and today in the morning, those shares seems unavailable. Every other share on the other 3 drives seems fine. When i go through management console to acess this one drive, it gives "communication failure". So i popped off that one dr…

• Replace Internal Drives

therock003 - - General

Thats interesting, what machine are you running OMV from? My HP supports hot-swap as well, but how do you manage this without the OMV nagging and complaining about the disk change

• Replace Internal Drives

therock003 - - General

So far i run OMV3 from an HPN40L machine and i got it set up with 4 internal sata drives. I want to replace some of them, which others of bigger capacity. What is the correct procedure so as not to run into any fstab issues or mounting errors etc. So lets say i prep my new drive and format it as ext4, and is ready for the system, if i go and unmount the drive, shut system down, remove old, install new, boot up, will that be the correct sequence of events? I dont want the fstab and the startup mo…

• Coming back after some time, but now i really need to learn more. So is usbmount a plugin? I cannot find any youtube videos on how to install/configure it Besides automounting, will it also share the entire contents automatically? I dont want to go into the webui each time i mount a usb drive and set shares and privileges

• I have a Sharkoon 5-BAY hotswap usb3 enclosure. How can i make use of it on OMV3 and have each disk mounted on the enclosure connect via usb on the system running OMV be automatically mounted and share whole root of the drive?

• Use shares from Windows

therock003 - - CIFS/SMB

Besides the shares created from within the drives contained by the system running OMV, can i use shares made from my Win 10 Laptop? Since i use external NTFS drives to connect them via USB3, on my laptop, i would like to share the root of the whole drives, and access it from OMV. So for example i can set a path for OMV-PLEX that is actually a Windows folder from a usb3 drive

• Thats unfortunate. So external usb drives, or swappable drives are doomed to cause nagware? The nofail is one thing, but waiting each time 1 minute 30 seconds for the prompt is another

• I have an HPn40L running as NAS with OMV, and besides the 4 permanent drives i have inside, i intend to be using hot swappable drives, for easy in and out access. Last time i added a drive for one use operation, it caused some problems since it checked for it during boot time and output warnings that it wasnt there, etc which caused me to esit the fstab and messed thigns up further. Anyway that was eventually taken care of, but my qestion now is How do i add drives, and mount them and have acces…

• Wow guys i randomly pulled out an upset of a win. I just updated everything that had samba on the description from inside web ui on the upgrade tab, and i can finall f***ing access my smb shares. My god what a relief

• i connect to the server machine with putty from my windows. How can i snatch the fstab and get it to my windows machine for easier viewing and manipulation

• Backup Entire OMV

therock003 - - General

Im just not familiar with the way clonezilla works. Does it create an image file of the whole contents as an output, or does it perform a direct copy/transfer between source and target?

• Backup Entire OMV

therock003 - - General

Maybe i didnt mention but i dont want to transfer installation to a different target. I want the result to be an image file, that i can later restore to a different or even the same media. Right now, all i want is to have a backup and not clone my system somewhere else

• Backup Entire OMV

therock003 - - General

How can i backup the entire partition OMV is installed at so i can possibly restore it at a later time for whatever reason. I dont want to dd it or clonezilla for a 1:1 as this copies empty sectors which i do not want. I just want the entirety of the existing information so i can copy back to a smaller/larger/different partition or drive and not be constraind with an existing partition size

• Nothing makes sense anymore. I'll just have to reinstall P.S. Last thing i did was install plex media server. And since i had no network when installing OMV i had to do lots of apt get update and upgrade and set debian sources, but i dont think that was harmful

• Whats all that red letters on the screenshots seemed to me like errors. Anyway i know samba is running, cause i can acces the shares from ftp as i said previously. I just cant access them remotely from any other device. Tried both laptops that were previously working and 2 android mobiles that also both had samba access before. What logs do you need from windows and android

• I have tried everythin in regards to fstab, so i guess it must not have anything to do with it as you say. Not sure where else to look. And damn it i just installed 3 days ago, i dont want to go through a new installation once again