Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• If booting OMV from a USB thumb-drive, with a known working clone in hand, it's possible to be back up in 3 minutes. Easy...

• Wifi adapters support

flmaxey - - General

There are a few options you may not be thinking about. (The follow links are examples only. This is not an endorsement for these products.) 1. A WiFi Range Extender with an Ethernet port. 2. Power line adapters. 3. A wireless router used as a "media bridge". (Do you have an extra wireless router laying around?) Since all consumer routers don't support wireless bridging, this can a tricky option. While routers will layer, one behind the other, running two separate IP networks won't work. You'd ne…

• Pool is DEGRADED

flmaxey - - RAID

You have 6 drives with 1.82T (roughly). You have to subtract 2 of those drives for parity (RAIDZ2) That leaves 4 drives at 1.82 = 7.28T in raw storage. A bit more must be subtracted out for ZFS overhead, checksums, etc. 7T is about right. Quote from .H.: “Pool1 used 6.28T - Pool1 available 752G ” You appear to have 6.28T of data on the array, with 752G remaining 7T (capacity) - 6.28T (data) = 720GB (remaining empty space) This is very close to what you have.

• Pool is DEGRADED

flmaxey - - RAID

I believe @hoppel118 is running a RAIDZ, ZFS array. Maybe he'll look at this.

• Wifi adapters support

flmaxey - - General

The latest back ports kernel is 4.19. It shouldn't be long until the 4.20 upgrade is available on OMV but, as far as I can tell, it's not available at this time.

• Wifi adapters support

flmaxey - - General

Hardware compatibility depends on the OS. In this case you'd need to check the version of Debian Linux you'll be using. If you're installing OMV4, the underlying OS is Debian version 9.

• Pool is DEGRADED

flmaxey - - RAID

I'm running a ZFS mirror, not RAIDZ. (So I don't have the parity disk subtraction.) Did you have more space before the disk resilver?

• Is it time related? (Which might, actually, be heat.) Is it a matter of hours, a matter of days? Does a restart fix it and for how long? You might want to boot into BIOS and see what's there. Some BIOS vendors show PS voltages, CPU temperatures, etc. Since bad ram can cause endless problems, the first thing I'd do is test with memtest86. You might consider letting it run, non-stop, for a day or two. (If ram tests out) If you're convinced it's a software problem, boot up a live distro like Knoppi…

• Pool is DEGRADED

flmaxey - - RAID

Quote from .H.: “but i don't see the totale size.. ” Quote from .H.: “errors: No known data errors Pool details (zpool get all): NAME PROPERTY VALUE SOURCE Pool1 size 10.9T - ”

• Since this appears to be a permissions issue, note the following is speculation. (Others please chime in.) A few things to consider: 1. Since you're using hfsplu, a Mac filesystem, it's apparent that this disk was not formatted by OMV. It was done on a Mac, where permissions were set for the Mac's users (and root). 2. The data must have already been on the drive, when it was connected. (Since you can't move, delete, copy, this seems obvious.) So, when the drive was plugged into OMV, I'm guessing…

• Pool is DEGRADED

flmaxey - - RAID

I would wait. What are you using that you can "replug" your drives? Are the drives in an older server chassis?

• SATA card

flmaxey - - General

Quote from chclark: “yes that was the worry with the cables ” Again, if the drives ares stacked in groups of 4 (or more), no problem. I've be worried in any other arrangement. Builds are not hard, but thorough research is need to insure compatibility, but that's mostly the CPU, Mobo and RAM. RE the j4105m: Just as a heads up, you might want to look at this thread . This user had a heck of a time loading OMV on a J4105 and I have no idea "why". Other users have this mobo and haven't have the same…

• If you're looking for an easy way to backup and restore a boot drive, take a look at this -> guide. If you're willing to boot from a USB thumbdrive (they work fine in most use cases), cloning the drive and restoring is dirt simple. The same process will work for USB connect SSD's as well. (Of reasonable size)

• SATA card

flmaxey - - General

Quote from chclark: “do you find the card needs cooling on some of the uk listings it says a 40mm fan needs attaching. ” I've found that these controllers run hot. In fact, I entertained the idea of rigging/attaching a small GPU fan to the heat sink. On the other hand, these controllers are server grade hardware that's designed to last. If a fan was required, it would have one installed from the factory. Quote from chclark: “seriously considering getting one of these cards was it fairly easy to …

• SATA card

flmaxey - - General

Disclaimer: If you haven't done it before; Ebay is is what it is, which I would characterize as "buyer beware". This is not an endorsement and there are no guarantees. ____________________________________________________________________ This was the listing where I bought the H200. Note it took over three weeks for it to arrive in my location, in the US. The two breakout cables I bought-> here. (A US seller - it arrived in about a week.) This is an interesting alternative -> cables. (China. It w…

• Quote from FFrank: “What is it about the scrubb? Why are still 14691 files with zero sub-second timestamp? ” New or open files (temp files for example) may need to be "touched" again. (But you went from over 400K to 14K files.) This is why automating it, (daily, whatever works for you) makes sense. These processes use resources so, once you're familiar with them, setting automated tasks for after-hours is the best practice. ________________________________________________________________ On the …

• (While a bit redundant - a repost at the request of the user.) __________________________________________________________ If your parity disk is the largest (or the same size) as the other two disks, you have the setup right, but you don't need a content file on the parity disk. I'd edit the parity drive and remove content. The rest is OK. Quote from FFrank: “No sync is in progress. The 100% of the array is not scrubbed. You have 443439 files with zero sub-second timestamp. Run the 'touch' comma…

• Page dump error on new install

flmaxey - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “ Quote from Antioch: “Out of curiosity, do you know of any (simple) way to get OMV installed onto a zfs formatted partition rather than ext4? ” Simple? No. Why? Do you really need the OS on zfs? ” I wholeheartedly agree with ryecoaaron. The default, EXT4 is simple, reliable, recovers well from dirty shutdowns and, if needed, it's possible to repair it.

• With the ZOL project being sponsored and ran by the Lawrence Livermore National Lab, well,, that's really powerful backing. (Tax payer funded.) It's no wonder why more is going on in ZOL. Yep, this hiccup with kernel 5 should be resolved in no time.

• Quote from ellnic: “I wonder if this will encourage major changes... the kind of changes that probably haven’t happened in order to maintain compatibility with FreeBSD? ” Now that you mentioned it, I can't help but wonder where the largest ZFS user base is? BSD, Solaris, or Linux?