Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from adifoto: “If anyone finds any solution please post here. I was about to start a new thread about my problem. ” You need to ssh into OMV and execute from following VBoxManage extpackuninstall VNC then reboot OMV and RDP should now work.

• New disks not recognized

geaves - - General

The fact that those settings were changed within the BIOS would imply the machine had been used, the second setting in particular as the default setting for that is RAID. Testing the drives via a usb even though they are new makes sense at least you can confirm the drives are working. With reference to the drives not being seen in the BIOS; Faulty controller ports, SATA Cables, Power connections. One option might be is to use the DVD port to test the drives and use the DVD to test the functional…

geaves - - General

Quote from FeBo2: “Otherwise I set them to their defaults, again. ” Option 1 you may be able to leave alone, but Option 2 will need changing to AHCI, otherwise you have to use the onboard software to add the two disks, but this would be presented to OMV as a single hard drive! Something you do not want to do. If Option 2 is set to Raid ON this would explain why OMV cannot see them.

• Upgrade Unify Controller

geaves - - Docker

Quote from Mycoma: “Ok I will try, and I will restore the unify config from backup, thanks ” You could take a look at Watchtower this updates any running containers, however it's not recommended for some but Watchtower can be configured to not update certain containers if specified during setup.

geaves - - General

Quote from FeBo2: “That's a good hint, I'll do so, thank you. ” Have found the manual it appears that there maybe two settings that you have to change. Boot List Options: I would set this to legacy SATA Operation: default setting is Raid ON, I would set this to AHCI If your Samsung Evo is connected to one of the SATA ports and you have made no changes then the above 2 options are set it would explain why OMV does not see the drives. Changing either of those or both 'may' prevent OMV from startin…

• Quote from teitan: “Thanks a lot for your help ” Have those commands worked then?

• Quote from teitan: “You're right, I don't have a backup of this machine ” forum.openmediavault.org/index…32a1703751f1d102baf0a4eed It should be OK to run the commands, cat /proc/mdstat is now your best friend

• Quote from teitan: “Will the superblock automatically be recovered after adding the disk back to the array? ” Yes. Quote from teitan: “What's the risk with running those commands? ” Technically none (but a backup covers my arse ) as it should restore the array back to 3 drives. Quote from teitan: “This is only affecting the disk sdb which is not in the array at the moment anyways right? ” Yes, because of (possibly out of date) error when you did assemble. I take it from your questions you don't …

• So you have two out of three, at least the data is still there, backup? If you haven't I suggest you do before executing the following; mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sdb mdadm --add /dev/md0 /dev/sdb BTW you don't have to be in /dev folder to any of the above, just do cd and go back to root.

• Quote from teitan: “I've already done that. Disconnected it from the SATA port but the RAID was still gone. ” Ok try mdadm --assemble --verbose --force /dev/md0 /dev/sd[bdc] from the cli

• Upgrade Unify Controller

geaves - - Docker

Quote from Mycoma: “I have pulled the new image, stopped the unify container, and restarted but it did not upgrade.... ” Start again stop the container, delete it, delete any config files then deploy the new container.

• Quote from teitan: “Any help is greatly appreceated! ” As a start before trying anything else remove the new drive and reboot.

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

Quote from flmaxey: “It's possible to bust Win10 Clients out of a domain, to connect with Samba shares on external (non-domain) servers and it can be done with a single registry or secpol setting. ” Yes, but that would have to done by a domain admin and to to do something like that it would probably be set using group policy. According to the document NTLMv2 is already predefined in server 2008 R2 and upwards, so I would expect that to be set on a client machine to ensure authentication to the d…

geaves - - General

Quote from FeBo2: “Is there a way to find them anyway on the system? ” Check the bios, if the bios sees them, then the OS will and vice versa Quote from FeBo2: “A strange thing(?) is also, that I always get the message at boot, that the cover of the server was opened since the last boot - even if I restart it several times without opening the cover. ” Seen that before, just ignore it, but OMV is mean't to be run headless so you wouldn't see any errors

• Static IP not working after setting it

geaves - - Network

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from geaves: “you need to edit/change the one that displays dhcp in System -> Network -> Interfaces ” Why should this be a 'need'? ” Just for you I've changed it forum.openmediavault.org/index…32a1703751f1d102baf0a4eed

• Static IP not working after setting it

geaves - - Network

Quote from totopesce: “I created a network interface with the IP I wanted, ” You shouldn't create a network interface you should is to edit/change the one that displays dhcp in System -> Network -> Interfaces

• Lost Raid 5

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Aarin1992: “Thank you soo much for your help! ” You're welcome but an error on my part re stopping the array forgot that part.

• Lost Raid 5

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Aarin1992: “I was not looking pulled the Sata cables out the drives ” There's the problem, if you look at mdadm.conf it reports an array md0, whereas the output of mdadm --detail + /proc/mdstat shows the array as md127. There are two things you need to do mdadm --assemble --verbose --force /dev/md127 /dev/sd[abcd] and omv-mkconf mdadm however I don't know what order as I've not seen this before.

• OMV - What works so far and not

geaves - - General

Quote from dertourist48: “Emby - works fine but when i stream with atv 4k i have issues with some media files (work on mobile devices/iPad ) ” That's an Emby problem and probably requires a profile being set up for the TV, I would ask in the Emby forum. Are you using Emby in a Docker or direct install. Quote from dertourist48: “Jdownloader - can not add links ? ” Most use Docker for this and @TechnoDadLife has some excellent videos -> Jdownloader

• Quote from reeneex: “But how with no interfgaces attached ” When it come to computers I blame these forum.openmediavault.org/index…32a1703751f1d102baf0a4eed