Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from wombat: “Will not you switch to a newer Python package? 3.5+. Clear, I understand that this is a cosmetic problem and can be manually repaired. But I do not understand why 2 years ago this has not moved anywhere and this "problem" is visible at every update/upgrade. ” OMV is Debian and uses whatever is in the Debian repos. We do not maintain packages and it will be fixed when Debian fixes it. Because it causes no problems, most people aren't worried about it. There are workarounds pos…

• Pagination

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from psilva: “How can one request new features? ” github.com/OpenMediaVault/openmediavault/issues Quote from psilva: “Like being able to change the number of items in each page or a search bar main panel for searching a specific user or group or share if you have many. ” Pretty sure I remember this being veto'd last time but you can always ask again

• Quote from rsrsrs: “it is possible to do this on a separate Pc? ” Yes

• Quote from M0rpheus: “It is perhaps a solution that you can completely backup the whole and in the case of failure of the system just restore the "backed up / backup image" needs. ” The backup plugin won't backup a data partition if you are using one on the OS drive but it does backup enough to do a restore - forum.openmediavault.org/index…kup-plugin-to-system-SSD/

• Pagination

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from psilva: “does anyone know if there is way to remove pagination or increase the number of items per page? ” There is no easy way that won't be overwritten by updates.

• Quote from Ruschi: “apt-get is old.. ” Old?? It is better than just plain apt in my opinion. Quote from akurzawa: “is this safe for OMV funcctionality? ” OMV does the same thing to upgrade.

• Quote from M0rpheus: “Hallo OMV, wo ist der unterschied zwischen dd und fsarchiver Methode? Ich verstehe den unterschied nicht ganz. dd - use dd to clone the entire drive to a compressed image file. fsarchiver - use fsarchiver to clone all partitions to an archive file Wie wird genau die rsync Methode verwendet / eingesetzt? Was ist besser, was wird empfohlen? Vielen Dank! ” dd does not clone the entire drive. It clones the entire OS partition (and potentially a boot partition) including sectors…

• Quote from olahaye74: “IT's disapointing that you didn't read my posts extensively and reply what you though I would have told. Problem #2 states abount avoinding to mount and dismound disk by hand and states that those operations should always be done using web interface. Did I ever ever said that I tryed to mount the disk by hand? From the post just above: OMV 4.1.19-Arrakis on rpi3 Issues and sollutions > Unmounting disk from web interface, then issuing > ntfslabel /dev/sda1 MyPassport > Then…

• HP p420 raid cards have very picky settings especially with SSDs that can kill performance. I would look into that.

• Quote from tkaiser: “If this results in busybox getting installed when cryptsetup gets installed by the plugin and this fixes the issue... sure! ” I guess it probably wouldn't hurt to make it a dependency for all architectures.

• Quote from tkaiser: “So maybe the LUKS plugin should also install the cryptsetup package's recommends (like busybox)? Since I never dealt with those plugins maybe @ryecoaaron knows? ” The plugin can't decide to install the recommends and OMV doesn't install the recommends (that could get ugly). The only thing I can do is add it to the plugin's depends list for that architecture (since it isn't needed for x86 from what I have seen).

• Quote from olahaye74: “You don't know your IP: ” Problem #7 address this - forum.openmediavault.org/index…tions-to-common-problems/ Quote from olahaye74: “it's hidden in System/General Settings second tab: ” It isn't hidden. Having a tab named Web Administrator Password was pretty visible to me. Plenty of guides mention it as well. No system users are in the Access Right Management section. Quote from olahaye74: “Can't create a share: system won't let chose any device. I'm stuck here.... Also ca…

• OMV Web login fails

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from indigo: “so what goes here wrong? ” No idea since I know nothing about the remote server. Do you have rsync listening on that server? If not, ssh keys need to be setup. There are guides for that.

• Quote from olahaye74: “And at last, the bonus: posting to this forum gave me this from Firefox ” Read problem #4 forum.openmediavault.org/index…tions-to-common-problems/ Quote from olahaye74: “comment listen line and replace it with listen 80; ” OMV completely re-writes config files by design. So, that change will be overwritten when you make any change the web interface that has to do with nginx (quite a few things do). ipv6 is working fine on my pi because it was fully updated. The image fully…

• Omv Extras plugins not installing

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from sunhort: “omv-extras.org not working now (may be from my country) ping is going but I can't get any software installed ” Server isn't down and hasn't been down that I know of. What error are you getting?

• OMV Web login fails

ryecoaaron - - General

Your setup is wrong and is causing the issue. You have the IP address of the remote server but no path. Look at the notes below that field for the proper format.

• NFS problems with Kodi streaming

ryecoaaron - - NFS

Maybe this wiki can help - wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NFS/Troubleshooting

• NFS problems with Kodi streaming

ryecoaaron - - NFS

Quote from ParadingLunatic: “I imagine enabling the rpc-statd service can't really hurt. ” Nope, it doesn't hurt. I just wanted to point out that isn't the exact issue.

• Please help

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from aw001: “Yes, but if I create a group with admin privileges and add users to it - why are they still normal users? ” It doesn't matter what group they are in or what OS-level privileges they have. They may not be normal users at the OS level but Volker designed OMV to have one admin user named admin. OMV is target at SOHO users who do not need more than one admin. This has been brought up before and Volker isn't going to change. Not sure what else to tell you.

• Quote from mfarmwald: “I'm guess there's some command-line magic to set up the 8TB. ” I didn't use the command line. Quote from mfarmwald: “I ran into some other problem, and gave up. For my needs, FreeNAS seems to be much easier to use. Again, just for my needs. ” I guess you can't try a couple of commands then. I guess it is just what you are used to. I have tried FreeNAS a few times and OMV is much easier.