Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Trying to install OMV on ML350 G5 server

KM0201 - - General

There has to be a way to disable the RAID (i it really is)..

• Is the OS drive in a RAID? I didn't think the OMV ISO supported that (you could do it if you installed Debian first.. but I don't really see the reasoning)

• Quote from adi_tca: “Quote from geaves: “From what I have searched for that Lenovo, when you say it's not seen is that within the Boot Option Menu? ” Yep, neither there, nor in the BIOS Setup - Information menu. If I format it as NTFS in Windows and insert it back, then it appears in BIOS and I can install Windows, for instance. But if I install on it OMV from a USB stick, the installation goes smooth till the end, when you have to remove the USB and reboot to start configuring OMV. This is when…

• I've never used an ASRock board, so I can't really comment on that... but I'll tell you that I think you'll be way happier with that Intel NIC. If you find you really like the Gigabyte board, the NIC card I linked isn't outrageously expensive... If you were trying to boot in Legacy mode before hand (ie, UEFI and Secure Boot were disabled).. then I have no explanation as to why you're having this issue. Usually installing Debian 9 first, is done to get around tricky hardware (NIC's not being reco…

• I can't answer your question on the SSD boot (I can't really understand why it's not booting either from your post)... Is Secure Boot enabled? Is there a way to disable it in the BIOS. I want to comment on your motherboard. I'm a big fan of Gigabyte motherboards, but I loathe Realtek NIC's as they have been nothing but problematic for me (the 81xx series in particular)... The board's specs look fine to me, so if your heart is set on that board, I would probably consider factoring in an Intel NIC…

• I would try to have a general idea of how many drives you want. Then start looking at boards. My only real requirement for a motherboard is it must have an Intel NIC (most server grade boards do). As for the Node 304. Used one several years and liked it. My recent rebuild however.. I really wanted hotswap... Almost got the Silverstone, but ended up with a 4 bay trayless hotswap case from istar. S-35 I think is the model.

• I honestly thought this was isolated to mergerfs. Several have reported this issue in relation to mergerfs filesystems

• Quote from MPPurcell: “Okay, in trying to use Putty, I found a thread at Default SSH password "openmediavault" not work (OMV_3_0_88_RaspberryPi_2_3_4.9.41.img) with a post by KM0201 (#7) on how to create a User for sign in to SSH. Without further direction, I assumed this would all be done under SSH. I see now that I need to first create a new user under User. (A step that wasn't mentioned above.) Thanks to KM0201 for the clarity here. 1. Create a user under the "users" section of the webUI (rem…

• Well... If you like the hc2... You could buy/build 2 more. One to run nextxloud, and the other to do whatever else you want.

• Asrock J3455-ITX install

KM0201 - - General

Quote from Bidley: “Hi all. I've been using OMV on a Raspberry Pi recently and have loved it. The hardware in this case really let it down. I've inherited an Asrock J3455-ITX l, and by the looks people have had trouble installing OMV onto it. What's the best way to go about it, from people who've managed it on a J3455 before? I've read that it's been done via normal flash drive, CD to flash drive, by installing Debian first, and via VirtualBox on a Windows PC. I'm looking to use a USB stick as t…

• Is my USB flash drive going bad?

KM0201 - - General

Quote from mcmgc: “Quote from KM0201: “I'm not near my NAS at the moment, but there should be. You might also want to make sure your configuration folders are being kept on the storage drives, if you've not done that yet. The config folders don't necessarily large usually, but they do a lot of disk writing with logs, etc.. I'm not saying any of this is your problem, as failing flash disks can give a myriad of strange warnings.. it's just something to think about. ” I do have the docker configura…

• Quote from MPPurcell: “Okay, I am ready to say "Uncle". I was able to move all but one file (had too many characters in the folder string for Windows), but the transfer was really, really, really, REALLY, REALLY SLOOOOW! I am now Googling Putty, and I'll see if I can figure how to do the other drive that way. This was the smaller data drive. ” That's what everyone told you, that it was going to be slow.. because essentially what you would be doing is.. Nas Share 1 > Computer> Nas Share 2... It's…

KM0201 - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from mcmgc: “the flash drive was a new SanDisk cruiser model, so I felt fairly comfortable with it's reliability ” SanDisk estimated a while ago that up to 30% flash storage products carrying the SanDisk logo are fake in reality (often with a faked capacity). That's one of the reasons why flash storage products always should be tested directly after purchase with either F3 or H2testw. USB thumb drives neither support TRIM nor SMART so they're a really bad choice for wo…

• Quote from gderf: “Quote from KM0201: “Eventually, we just mapped Plex directly to his data under the /srv directory and that solved the problem. ” This is why I never use sharedfolders as the directory targets in program configurations. I always use the actual raw filesystem paths. ” and I understand that and don't disagree.. but 90% of the tutorials (that I've seen) out there tell people to point at /sharedfolders... so it's an issue or new users.

• Thanks... I've been thinking about setting this up as I'm pretty happy with Emby

• Quote from gderf: “Copying data does not populate OMV's internal configuration. You have to actually recreate the shares in the OMV GUI. Did you do that? ” I was helping someone else w/ this issue last week. I'm assuming this is some sort of bug w/ mergers.. When you create a share on the merged filesystem.... the share will initially show up in the /sharedfolders folder, like every other share created in the webUI. After a restart, the shared folder disappears, but will still be in the shared f…

• Quote from jamesjfa: “I too have the same issue. I had rebuild my server and copied all my data back over. After a reboot, /sharedfolders/folder shows no files. Only difference between yesterday and today is that my drives are now EXT4 instead of BTRFS. ” Instead of looking under /sharedfolders for your files... look under /srv. You should see your UUID's for your disk, and you should see one created for your merged system... This is where your data is.. it's not gone.

KM0201 - - General

I'm not near my NAS at the moment, but there should be. You might also want to make sure your configuration folders are being kept on the storage drives, if you've not done that yet. The config folders don't necessarily large usually, but they do a lot of disk writing with logs, etc.. I'm not saying any of this is your problem, as failing flash disks can give a myriad of strange warnings.. it's just something to think about.

KM0201 - - General

It's possible... but one thing to ask.. Are you keeping your docker containers on your OS drive, or did you set up a containers folder on one of your storage drives? Docker containers do a lot of writing, and depending on the containers you're running... they also can get very very large.

• Can WebUI default to icon view?

KM0201 - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from KM0201: “it should hold. I'm always in icon view when I log in. ” While I do that too, it should go to the System Information -> Overview at login ” To me, going to the dashboard makes the most sense.. as that's going to show all the services currently running, etc... but I guess I can see what you're saying as well.