Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 660.

• Quote from brijenjas: “Why? does zfs leave something behind even though I wiped the disks? ” Did you make a quick or a secure wipe? If the drive was used for ZFS earlier a secure wipe is the better choice. Please look at this thread here: Raid management don't show all the drives

• Need advice. Grow raid or LVM

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Quote from striscio: “I used it on another file server and AFAIR is simpler to add couples of different disks (mirror) to grow the available space. I'm I right? ” The situation is quite similar to classic RAID. It is possible to grow the pool by changing disk by disk (resilvering) with a bigger one. But right now it is not possible to add new drives to an existing pool, more precisely to existing vdevs, at least in ZFS on Linux. It is possible to create another vdev out of the new disks and to a…

• Need advice. Grow raid or LVM

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Quote from striscio: “Create only one raid1 device with the 8tb drives and adding all the 3tb devices two at a time? Is it possible to have such a configuration or I need all drives to be the same? ” What type of Raid do you want to create out of this disks? Yes, it is possible to use disks of different size for Raid but not recommended. It depends of the Raid level. Eg. for a Raid 5 the smallest disk / partition limits the space which can be used from the bigger drives. You can have a look at t…

• SMB speed over LAN?

cabrio_leo - - General

There a lot of similar threads here. Please search for "Samba tuning". You can start with: Tunning Samba for more speed Nevertheless the speed depends from the file size: Big files -> higher average speed / many small files -> lower avarage speed

• Adding RAID Card drivers to the system

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Quote from ComicKillJoy: “it would have been nice to have the security *should* something go wrong, as this was going to be a build that was located off-site remotely with limited access. ” If availability is an issue, then Raid is a superior option.

• Support network cards

cabrio_leo - - Network

Intel NICs are usually well supported. But not necessarily cheap. Also a lot of Realtek NICs are supported. Is this a very new type of Realtek board without support in the current Linux kernel?

• Internal SD Card Odroid HC2

cabrio_leo - - General

Did you test the card before using it? Please see this post: Is my USB flash drive going bad? Maybe you have more than one partition on the card. You should check the card with e.g. parted or gparted.

• Quote from votdev: “If you want to execute a script on shutdown, why not using a custom systemd unit file? ” I would also regard an easier possibility to execute a script on shutdown. In my case I had a similar request (a script to empty samba recycle bin) and without deeper linux knowledge I wasn´t able to use a systemd unit file for this purpose. I then decided to let it run on reboot at the risk of additional system load and a longer time required up to system availability.

• Adding RAID Card drivers to the system

cabrio_leo - - RAID

I can´t help you in your specific case. Did you look for Debian drivers already? But do you really need hardware raid? In OMV it is a common opinion to use a plain multi port SATA adapter and let the operating system do the RAID job (e.g. with mdadm). Then the OS has complete control over the disk drives. Also you can monitor the state of the drives with 'smartctl'. Nevertheless a lot of users here have troubles with mdadm too. It is a tool where it is necessary to know what to do.

• Eigenen Post "liken"

cabrio_leo - - Off-Topic

Quote from tkaiser: “In diesem Sinne ” Schräger Song! Hab´ ihn mir komplett angesehen

• Quote from grusu: “Exemple: for ftp protocol: ftp.hostname.com end for samba share \\sharename for same server... ” I think that is not correct. Correct syntax is "\\servername\sharename" also for a samba share. Correct ftp syntax: "ftp://server_adress:port" If the server has the hostname "ftp" (I don´t know if that´s allowed at all, 'ftp' may be a reserved term), the syntax is "\\ftp\sharename". For me I would prefer "ftp-server" as hostname or something like that.

• OMV Energieeinstellungen

cabrio_leo - - General

Hier ist doch tatsächlich ein Lösungsansatz mit einem RPI: Raspberry Pi As Wake on LAN Server

cabrio_leo - - General

Und noch ein Link: Remotely wake up NAS when IPs are active in LAN Und noch einer für´n Mac: Remotely wake up NAS when IPs are active in LAN

• Eigenen Post "liken"

cabrio_leo - - Off-Topic

Hallo zusammen, ich habe hier verschiedentlich gesehen, dass User ihre eigenen Posts "liken". Finde ich etwas seltsam, dass man auf diese Art und Weise die Zahl der eigenen Likes erhöhen kann. Hätte ich so nicht erwartet. @votdev Was ist der Hintergrund, bzw. kann man das evtl. abstellen?

cabrio_leo - - General

Solche Tools gibt es eigentlich fast wie Sand am Meer. Unter Linux gibt es 'etherwake' oder 'wakeonlan'. Auch unter Windows jede Menge Open Source Tools. Im Prinzip wird die MAC-Adresse des aufzuweckenden Ziel-Computers hinterlegt. Zum Aufwachen wird dann ein "Magic Packet" an den PC / das Nas gesendet. Ausser mittels Magic Packet gibt es noch andere Möglichkeiten WOL auszuführen - nur der Vollständigkeit halber. Es soll auch manche Router geben, die eine WOL-Funktion ausführen können. Bei deine…

• Quote from reeneex: “Du hast ja Recht, aber es nervt schon das es nicht so geht wie ICH will ” Aaaah, verstehe schon. Geht mir manchmal auch so. Trotzdem führen viele Wege nach Rom, äääh zum funktionierenden NAS.

• wol p|u|m|b|a|g|s|d... Set Wake-on-LAN options. Not all devices support this. The argument to this option is a string of characters specifying which options to enable. p Wake on phy activity u Wake on unicast messages m Wake on multicast messages b Wake on broadcast messages a Wake on ARP g Wake on MagicPacket(tm) s Enable SecureOn(tm) password for MagicPacket(tm) d Disable (wake on nothing). This option clears all previous options. In your case: 'g': It seems the interface is currently configur…

• Quote from baron11146: “The Problem is, that I can not wake the system up via WOL anymore after that. ” How do you tried to wake the nas? In the OMV network section there is an option to enable Wake-On-Lan. Have you checked that? In the Autoshutdown plugin in the General Settings there is also an option where different shutdown commands are selectable.

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from reeneex: “Leider funzt der WoL noch nicht beim Zugriff auf die in Windows eingebundenen Festplatten. ” Wenn Autoshutdown das Nas heruntergefahren hat, dann wacht es nicht wieder auf, wenn auf die Platten des OMV NAS zugegriffen wird (Ausser bei OMV 4 hat sich hier etwas geändert). Üblicherweise braucht man ein Tool, welches ein 'Magic Packet' an die MAC-Adresse des NAS sendet, damit es wieder aufwacht. Bei mir gehen die Platten auch nach 20 Minuten in den Standb. Wenn von extern darau…

• "shared folder" deletion

cabrio_leo - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from pedro: “SMB shares appear to take their names automatically from the OMV Shared Folder name. ” That´s the default behavior, I assume. But when share is created it should be possible to change the name.