Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• install Intel 9560 WiFi driver

gderf - - Network

Have you been here yet: intel.com/content/www/us/en/su…/wireless-networking.html

• Generally speaking, only an update to the kernel would require a reboot. I don't know why you are not getting update notifications. Mine is also broken and I have not seen any update notifications in years.

• The boards being sold lately have revised silicon; so that bug is a non-issue for those buying new hardware. I asked ASRock support about this when I first read of it years ago, and I was told that they were extending warranty to anyone impacted by the bug whose board failed because of it. If and when I need to test that promise, I'll find out if it's good or not. Knowing what I know I would still buy this board again without hesitation.

• Disk Usage empty

gderf - - General

I already have the netdata docker installed.

• Disk Usage empty

gderf - - General

Quote from hoppel118: “Quote from gderf: “It's Disk I/O that no longer works with kernel 4.19. ” I can’t see „Disk I/O“ graphs. Are they disabled because of the issue? ” No, they are not disabled and are still visible. It's just that collectd no longer provides any data to the graphs so they appear empty. I do not remember how I got Disk I/O graphs added into Performance Statistics, but IIRC it was something extra I had to install.

• Disk Usage empty

gderf - - General

My bad, I misread the OP. Disk usage works here. It's Disk I/O that no longer works with kernel 4.19.

• Disk Usage empty

gderf - - General

Not working here on either 4.19 kernel. Linux omv 4.19.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.12-1~bpo9+1 (2018-12-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux Linux omv 4.19.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.16-1~bpo9+1 (2019-02-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux Last activity on my graphs is from third week of January.

• Disk Usage empty

gderf - - General

There is a problem with collectd and kernel 4.19. The empty graphs are the result. This will require an upstream change to collectd. If you are using kernel 4.19, then either downgrade to 4.18 (or boot to 4.18) or wait for the collectd maintainers to come up with a fix and release an updated package.

• Support network cards

gderf - - Network

Quote from BJohnD: “I just want to be sure I buy a card that will work (there are a lot around with the same Realtek chip). ” In a word: Intel.

• Silverstone DS380 has eight hot swappable drive bays, either 3.5 or 2.5in. Internally there is room for four more 2.5in drives. The ASRock Rack C2550D4I I use has 12 SATA ports on board. After almost four years with it all eight bays are full and I have begun swapping in larger drives for existing smaller drives. Currently I am using 12TB drives to replace the smaller 3TB ones I started with. Current drive complement is 2x 12TB, 2x 8TB, 1x 4TB, 3x 3TB. I grow by about 1TB/month and it will be ab…

• Yes, the NAS is in the safe. The only connections to it are power and ethernet.

• I would stick to RAM that is on the ASRock qualified RAM list for the board unless you have a very good reason not to and you run it past ASRock support first. I have a 450W power supply in it and it is fully loaded with eight hard drives. Pretty sure you could go with less, say 300W. I run it headless and it is stored in my gun safe.

• My build, some details in my sig is coming up on four years old. I'd do it more or less the same way again today if I had to.

• How do you turn OFF auto HDD spin-down?

gderf - - General

Quote from Wdavery: “I had no idea the shared folders were no exec ” It's not a shared folders limitation. All drives other than the drive OMV is installed to are by default mounted noexec.

• How do you turn OFF auto HDD spin-down?

gderf - - General

Is the executable bit set on that file?

• Sounds like a race condition where your drive is not mounted before docker comes up and running. You need to find out why your drive is not mounting in a timely manner.

• Try using the actual fully qualified path instead of a shared folder for host path.

• .bashrc not loading when logging in

gderf - - General

Those are the files that are generally copied into a new user's home directory when the user is created. But it is possible to create users without doing this. If you added the user within OMV, perhaps it is doing something unusual.

• Is the USB/SSD cable device recognized my Mint? Look at the tail of dmesg after plugging it in to see.

• NFS problems with Kodi streaming

gderf - - NFS

Try adding noforget to your mergerfs options.