Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

• Sadly, I found no solution even 4 months later. And even more sadly, I didn't even get one reply here. I'm trying to put all the re-mount commands into a script to help me after reboot. But I haven't found a fix for the access permission problems of the root folder of the shares. Can anybody tell me, on a normal, non-encrypted system, what are the permissions of the mount points, the top level shares and which user actually performs the mount on a normal system startup? Thanks

• LUKS disk encryption plugin

Chaos_99 - - Plugins

HI, this thread seems kind of alive still, so maybe someone can help me here. I'm unlocking my encrypted drive manually in the OMV(4) webgui, but on bootup all the mounts based on that drive already failed and are not re-triggered after manual unlock. That is: the drive itself is mounted, but not all the dependent mounts like shared folders etc. Is this supposed to work? Is either the plugin checking the mount unit hierarchy and re-triggers all dependent mounts or is systemd itself supposed to r…

• I found the following logs Source Code (9 lines)Which indicate that the automatic mounting of the shared folder fails because mounting of the data partition is configured as a dependency, but this one fails due to not being decrypted yet on boot. The whole mount chain is then not re-triggered on manual decryption later. There are bugs filed against the LUKS plugin dealing with similar matters which I commented on here. As those bugs are 2 years old and not fixed or even commented on, I don't hav…

• systemctl start sharedfolders-Multimedia.mount will actually mount the folder, but it's still read-only in Nextcloud. Even if I mount it as a normal user and not root and even if I log into Nextcloud as Admin. Update: I've done chown root:users and chmod 775 to the shared folder (while it was mounted). At least after this, but possible all along (I didn't check) it seems only the top folder is read only, but all sub-folders within that share are now accessible from Nextcloud. Question remains: h…

• I might need some help to get me out of this situation. At the moment I don't even know good search terms to google. But from the start: I recently set up a OMV-based NAS which worked for a few months now in a kind of extended beta phase quite flawlessly. But (apt) updates kept on coming and I for some reason never bothered to actually reboot the machine. Now I did and what I feared has happened: after rebooting nothing works anymore. (Of course I did several reboots during installations with no…