Search Results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

• LUKS disk encryption plugin

ml1950 - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “While the password is escaped for the shell, it is not enclosed in single quotes. I will look at changing this. Until then avoid characters that are interpreted by the bash shell like parentheses, ampersand, and dollar symbols. ” Just saw the updated LUKS plugin and that this was fixed. Thank you for doing this

• LUKS disk encryption plugin

ml1950 - - Plugins

Are there any known passphrase requirements when using LUKS encryption through the GUI, such as disallowed special characters? I ask because today I added a new encrypted partition using the plugin, and attempted to add another key using randomly generated passphrases that included all ASCII printable characters as possibilities. They didn't seem to work, as I kept getting the following error message: Unable to add the key to the encrypted device: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbi…

• How to make a log server on OMV?

ml1950 - - General

Thank you ryecoaaron for these settings. Setup my OMV acting as syslog server for many devices, and its great having it centralized. Since I didn't want everything recording to the default syslog, I set up different logs as needed for the varied devices (rsyslog.com/storing-messages-f…tem-into-a-specific-file/). However since I've done that, the logs are obviously no longer visible in the OMV GUI (use SSH right now which is fine) Is there a way to set which logs appear in the drop down menu on t…