Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

• New disks not recognized

FeBo2 - - General

Good Morning, a short info regarding my problem: Yesterday in the evening I changed the BIOS setting "SATA Operation" to "AHCI". The "Boot List Options" was already set to "legacy". What a pitty, this didn't make it and when I check the drives within the BIOS, it says SATA1 = empty or none, SATA2 = ... Only one SATA seems to be detected as connected and that's with the DVD drive. My next step will be, that I connect both drives with an external USB interface and directly add them to the USB port…

FeBo2 - - General

Thanks once again. That's great help I never found this out on my own! I'll check the manual you linked and the params you mentioned trying to understand, why this should be done,... Additionally I'll set these two params and then I'll see, if it's still able to boot or not. Otherwise I set them to their defaults, again.

FeBo2 - - General

Good Morning geaves, thanks for your response. Quote from geaves: “Check the bios, if the bios sees them, then the OS will and vice versa ” That's a good hint, I'll do so, thank you. Quote from geaves: “Seen that before, just ignore it, but OMV is mean't to be run headless so you wouldn't see any errors ” It's not so a big issue for me at the moment, but I want to run the server not all of the day, but only when I'm at home. Therefore I want my openhabian2 raspberry pi to check, if my smartphone…

FeBo2 - - General

Hi all, today I setup my OpenMediaVault Dell T30 server. As the OMV master ssd I'm using a Samsung 860 evo. Installation was successful and I'm reaching OMV via WebUi. The next step was to add two new 8 TB WD disks. I neither can see them via putty with command fdisk -l: Quote from OMV@Putty: “root@omv:~# fdisk -l Disk /dev/nvme0n1: 232.9 GiB, 250059350016 bytes, 488397168 sectors Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O size (minimum/optima…

• Hi, as a short response: The OMV 4.x installation worked for me now without any problems. Also the GRUB boot loader was installed successfully. Thanks once again and kind regards, Felix

• Hi, thanks for your responses! I'll try again to install OMV 4 - probably it earlier didn't work because I had the wrong boot order (I had equal problems with OMV 3 until I changed the order). If this shouldn't work, I'll install Debian 9 and follow the instructions for installing OMV manually. I won't get to try it before Thursday... Thanks and kind regards, Felix

• Hi all, I'm trying to install Open Media Vault in version 3.0.94 from a CD on my Dell PowerEdge T30. First of all I unplugged all internal and external storage devices except my cd drive and my m.2/PCIe Samsung EVO 960 SSD. The SSD is completely new, no other / further installations. The latest OMV 4 version didn't start installing at all / was not recognized. The installation runs until I get the error message "An installation step failed [...] The failing step is: Install the GRUB boot loader …