Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Missing space on boot drive...

KM0201 - - General

Quote from flyinjoe13: “Quote from KM0201: “Unfortunately, this is something I think that is missed in Technodad's videos (or I missed it)... Click Docker in the OMV panel, and then click Settings. You'll see the drop down box where you can choose a folder you've created under Shared Folders... This is where you store your containers. If you look under that drop down box, there is this message: "The location of the Docker base path (this setting is optional and defaults to /var/lib/docker if uns…

KM0201 - - General

Unfortunately, this is something I think that is missed in Technodad's videos (or I missed it)... Click Docker in the OMV panel, and then click Settings. You'll see the drop down box where you can choose a folder you've created under Shared Folders... This is where you store your containers. If you look under that drop down box, there is this message: "The location of the Docker base path (this setting is optional and defaults to /var/lib/docker if unset). The plugin must be enabled for a change…

• Deleting shares via cli

KM0201 - - General

Remove them from the webui first.. (you can choose delete shared folder, or delete shared folder and data.. which will completely delete the folder). If they are already gone from there... Then yes you could remove them.

KM0201 - - General

Im not really sure what that folder does. Are you storing your containers on the OS drive, or did you set up a folder on your storage drives to store them? That unfortunately is something that is missed in a lot of tutorials.

KM0201 - - General

Thats one issue with the Plex plugin, vs the Plex docker. With the Docker, you can put your database on one of your storage drives... To my knowledge, that's not an option with the plugin. Truth be told, 6.9gigs is a pretty small Plex folder. I've saw more than a few topping out 100gigs. reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/5tr…rlibplexmediaserver_95gb/

• I saw someone mention that docker the other day and it's on my list of things to try (it might have been you actually)... Honestly had not heard of it till then. It does seem it would fit the bill for a panel of shortcuts. Would it only take shortcuts to other dockers and not OMV's integrated plugins. I don't see where it has a note taking feature like the OP asked though. Interesting for sure though.

• Can't Access Webgui : Connection Refused

KM0201 - - General

I always forget how much different the pi/arm versions can be vs the standard builds.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from KM0201: “If you have a Desktop, just open a file browser (Nautilus, Thunar, caja.. whatever) and type the path smb://your_nas_IP ” This is usually a recipe to get inferior SMB performance caused by gvfs-smb, see bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=776339 ” Hmm. I always figured it was my craptacular Laptop that was causing crappy SMB speeds (it's just as bad w/ NFS). I write to my shares so little from my SMB, and usually when I do, it's small files (backup configu…

• Are you using a Desktop on 16.04, or is this a server? If you have a Desktop, just open a file browser (Nautilus, Thunar, caja.. whatever) and type the path smb://your_nas_IP You should see your smb shares there, and simply need to enter your nas username/password when prompted. Assuming you have a desktop, I've never had to do all that to use an SMB share.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from KM0201: “the USB 3.0 ports on them are a known weak spot ” And there are some other issues as well: Omv 4 broken odroid xu4 ? ” I had nothing but problems out of my XU4. I felt almost bad when I tossed it, as it was a gift. Is what it is. I do love the HC2 though. I'm interested in seeing how the H2 performs as it gets used more... but I was reading on the odroid forum already people were complaining about power irregularities causing problems.

• Quote from claredad: “Quote from KM0201: “and.. we're off! ” Oops... Have I done something silly? ” No, nothing at all.. it's not your fault. Those devices are kinda known to be problematic. @tkaiser is the resident SBC guru and I believe he said he was going to stop answering questions on them because they were so problematic. Not sure if he was serious or said it in jest.. but he's given out pretty poor opinions on them in the past. FWIW, the USB 3.0 ports on them are a known weak spot.

• Update your system first... as root: apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get dist-upgrade After you finish apt-get upgrade.. it's probably going to tell you to run omv-initsystem to restart the omv service.... (it'll be a blue screen.. just tab to OK and spacebar the OK button) When that update is complete finish the update with the following command: omv-initsystem When that is done (it will drop back to the prompt)... Go back to your IP address and the webUI should present you with the log in s…

• I think I have pretty well locked this down... it's got something to do with Docker and mounting folders that are listed under /sharedfolders (config folders, data paths, whatever). I just spent a little bit going through all my docker containers and remapping them directly to /srv/disk_uid/etc. and the error has vanished completely after multiple folder creations and deletions.

• and.. we're off!

• permission problem in mariadbserver

KM0201 - - General

Quote from maxspeed: “KM0201 i know the name its wrong but becuase because I'm tired of tryingDo not bother to name the most important idea the main problem its permission ” The looks of it, the permissions on the folder are 100% read/write/execute (root, user, and guest)... so I can't really see how there is any issue w/ permissions...

• permission problem in mariadbserver

KM0201 - - General

I'm assuming you realize it is named "nextclud" and not "nextcloud"..? Unless I'm missing something, I don't see a log.

• Totally not helpful for your problem, but when I saw your username yesterday reminded me of something from my youth (some would say it's sad, some would say it's funny... I kinda lead towards sadly funny)... When my youngest sister was like, maybe 4? so I was around 12.. She had this kitten that was extremely passive and pretty much let her do whatever she wanted to it, and like a lot of kids she was always dancing with it, etc. One day I was watching her and she was watching tv, playing with th…

• Quote from Danceswithcats: “I can log in as root, but not as user in ssh, so I've run apt-get update. I'm afraid there's a lot of it. root@vaulti:~# apt-get update Get:1 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives InRelease Ign:1 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives InRelease Get:2 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Release Ign:2 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Release Get:3 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages Ign:3 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages Get:4 …

• I just started having this problem not to long ago, usually I'd just restart and things would be fine for a while. So tonight I got bored and started looking into what was going on.... I'll try to be thorough here... I tried create a shared folder named "Test" and get this error. Source Code (1 line) output of systemctl status sharedfolders-Containers.mount Source Code (20 lines)Output of journalctl -xe (if it helps any, line 149 in the below is in red, wasn't sure how to format in the code box)…

• Quote from ekent: “I have also taken the plunge with the Helios4 3rd batch. Super excited! All the time between now and June will allow me to read up on btrfs and btrbk ” I almost took the plunge this time around. My only issue is they don't take US currency. I don't use credit cards and my bank flags any international transaction. Once they do approve it, their conversion fees are ridiculous compared to other banks. Other than this one issue, I love banking there so it's not worth switching ove…