Search Results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

• Re: Problems mounting RAID1 array

zarkov - - RAID

Thank you, the resize2fs command seems to have done the trick!

zarkov - - RAID

Another error message: ilDfRmj.png How can the file system size be bigger than the physical size?

zarkov - - RAID

bh4dIOQ.png

zarkov - - RAID

Didn't work I'm afraid: x0qiYja.png

zarkov - - RAID

I rebooted and got this nasty error message. Lagring1 is my RAID array. Og36geC.png

• Problems mounting RAID1 array

zarkov - - RAID

There seems to be some kind of evil spell cast on my machine. This weekend I had serious problems accessing and mounting my new HDD but finally got to it (I still don't know how!). Yesterday I inserted another 2TB drive to create a RAID1 array from my two new disks. Wiping them was no problem and eventually I got around to creating the RAID array, it then took ages to sync the two (empty) drives. Now I have a RAID1 array but I can't mount, unmount or delete it? yMMbqmY.png Source Code (19 lines)…

• Re: SSH and FTP failure

zarkov - - General

Hmm, it seems there are quite a few quirks to learn! Another problem has occured. Yesterday, I bought a new 2 TB HDD and installed it this afternoon. It shows up in the 'Physical disks' as /dev/sdb/ and I can wipe it so it is obviously working but for some reason I can't create a file system. When I try I first get a 'communication error' and then, when I try again, a long error message about commands not being executed. This happened 3 or 4 times as I kept trying. Now that I tried again, the di…

zarkov - - General

Quote from "davidh2k": “Hoooooooooold on a second. Explain what you are trying to do? ftp login via root is nonsense. Also ftp is chrooted so you cannot create '"/"Test'. You create your shared folders via the webgui and then enable each service to access this shared folder. I don't get what you're trying at the moment. Take a deep breath and think about what you're dooing. You don't explain the whole story. Learn how the GUI works and don't try to manipulate from within the services. Greetings …

zarkov - - General

Thanks! Something definitely happened there, a whole bunch of Cron emails arrived! I can now connect through both FTP and SSH but not find any content, nor create folders or upload files through FTP. I can create a folder in the terminal but it's not visible in FTP or OMV manager. With SSH, I can log in as 'root' but not with FTP? I guess there is something wrong with the folder rights, what is the difference between Privileges and ACL in the Shared Folders administration panel? Is there anywher…

• SSH and FTP failure

zarkov - - General

I recently bought a HP Microserver N54L like many before me, got some extra RAM (8GB Kingston ECC from the N40L Wikia list) and flashed the BIOS. I found an old SSD and thought I'd use it for the OMV system files. Installation went like a charm, I inserted the included 250GB HDD to use as a temporary datastore disk and rebooted. I have no problems logging in at the web GUI or the terminal and creating a file system, mounting the HDD and creating users/shares all works fine. I then activated FTP …