Search Results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

• We were doing good until the resetperms. I get an error message that ends as follows:

• Sorry for the delay, had some unexpected travel. The Win10 settings appear to already be as you suggest (layout is slightly different, but all the settings are the same). On the OMV GUI, when I try to do this, the ACL selection remains greyed out & unavailable, on either the first or the second builds.

• Okay, on the second build I have 2 USB sticks. The original one (TestMusic) still cannot write to, the newer (OldMusic) one I can. If you look at the attachement called OMV Screen Shot, you can see that one shows as a USB stick, one not. On the second attachment called W10 Explorer Share, you can see that TestMusic has Read & Write access; The other one (OldMusic) has Full Control all the way through. I tried changing TestMusic, but got Access Denied. My original build looks like the TestMusic o…

• I finally had time to try the window settings, and that did not fix the problem. I also tried a laptop using Windows 7 Ultimate, with similar results. I too will be out of town much of this week, and will be offline all of the following week. I really think I am missing something simple here. I see a *few* similar posts, but not many. Too many people do this successfully, presumably some using Windows 10, for it to be a significant issue with OMV.

• While I digest those links, do you want me to do this on my original install, the second install, or a new install? I too wonder about the Windows side. One interesting thing I noted is that the tutorial I linked (and others) say that when mapping the drive on the Windows machine, it will ask for login credentials. It did not, and I could not see a way to make it ask for them.

• First, I appreciate all the help I have been given. Absolutely no complaints from me. I still have the original build I did, so I can go back & forth. I swapped out that microSD in my Pi with another one for the second build for that reason. My Linux level is slightly higher than that tutorial, I used that one just because it was so simple & I thought maybe I had screwed something up the first time because I thought I knew more than I did, plus it would be easy to share a link. Om the second bui…

• Well, it is still greyed out. Also confused about the plug in. It says it is installed, not sure how you use it? I found some posts here that imply that ACL is not used if using SMB/CFIS. If you see my other post, I did a clean install (basically pulled out my microSD card & put in another with a new copy of the iso. The instructions I followed there were the simplest recent ones I could find, and I ended up with the same issue.

• Ok, I started with a clean microSD card. Downloaded & installed OMV. I used this tutorial to set up a simple shared drive using an old 8 gb flash drive for storage: cnet.com/how-to/raspberry-pi-as-cheap-nas-solution/. Note that it did not have me set up any Users, and for permissions I gave Guests Read & Write Access.And it worked fine, I could write to it from 2 different Windows 10 machines on my network, one the family machine mentioned above that has no password, one a laptop that I set up a…

• OK, I guess I will try a complete re-install, and log into my Windows PC as a different user with an account that has a password. Not sure what to do about the ACL issue, I will do some searches & see what turns up.

• Answers below in italics: It's not clear from "where" you're trying to write to the music share. Is it from a Windows client (7, 8, 10, other)? Trying to write from Windows 10 drive, using Windows Explorer. You said you're logged into OMV as "admin". The only place where "admin" and a password works, is on the Web GUI login page. Where are you using the "admin" log in to access the music share? Are you being prompted when attempting to access the share and using admin / passwpord as a credential…

• Well I tried it both ways, no luck.

• I already have other lines there, just add to the end (or beginning) of these? min receivefile size = 16384 write cache size = 524288 getwd cache = yes socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY

• I am running OMV 3.0.87 on a Raspberry Pi 3. I am using the NAS to store music for my music servers. I had some difficulty setting it up initially, and was unable to write to the shared drive from my Windows 10 pc until I went into Windows Explorer and gave the share a drive letter. It worked great for a week. So today I went to put some more music on the share and got "Destination Folder Access Denied - You need permission to perform this action". I went back and re-checked everything I did ini…