Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Missing Devices RAID Management

geaves - - General

Quote from dchav007: “I have done the secure wipe option but no success. ” Odd as that removes everything on the disk, what's the output from one of the drives of wipefs -n /dev/sd? (replace ? with the drive letter)

geaves - - General

Quote from dchav007: “You mentioned that a secure erase will do to erase the zfs signature, enabling them to show up. How do I do this? ” You use the secure wipe Storage -> Disks, or you can use dd or wipefs from the cli.

• Windows 10 Network Discovery

geaves - - Off-Topic

I know that W10 has been a PIA for a number of users in respect of shares both visible and being able to connect to due various settings not being enabled. Well it could be that a recent MS update has turned off Network Discovery! one of the options that requires to enabled. I have never had a problem connecting to OMV shares from my W10 workstation, until today when a message came up telling me to turn on Network Discovery in the Network and Sharing Centre. Considering I have never turned this …

geaves - - General

Quote from dchav007: “Let me first say I'm coming from FreeNas, as this might have some input to what the problem could be. The installation went fine and wiped, quick wipe, 2 3TB drives. The OS is installed on a 1TB drive. The 2 3TB do not show up when trying to create a RAID device. Do I have to create a file system for these to show up? Thanks for any support. ” Freenas uses zfs and if memory serves me correctly zfs will leave a signature at the beginning and the end of drive so a secure will…

• The fact that Freenas installs without issue implies there was a residual file signature on the drives that did not display in OMV.

• mergfs balance on SnapRaid Question

geaves - - General

Quote from Paradido: “I'm sure there are more drawbacks. So the question once again: what benefits does the MergerFS policy LUS/MFS have for media in comparison to LFS? ” Perhaps this might help with some examples, for my own choice (once some drives arrive) I shall go with MFS, the real problem with media is when Existing Path is used. As to a drive failing and SnapRaid not being able to recover, that's what a backup is for If you start looking at advantages and disadvantages and whether drives…

• Issues with UnionFS

geaves - - RAID

Quote from y2kdread: “I gave that a shot and it looks like it doesn't work for a select few apps. When I put my sonarr/radarr configs on the UnionFS path, it gives me errors about the database being corrupt. I also can't put a handful of other things on the UnionFS shared path. ” Well none of the above makes any sense as there is no information, however there is some information confirming what I have said. here here here So looking at the above the probability could be your directory structure …

• Quote from TheLostSwede: “No idea how to look in the log files. ” If you go into Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs and select System, on the right hand side click Filter Current Log and check Warnings and Errors you can also reduce the time stamp the log searches for, there maybe an answer in there. But the image is a permissions issue, the other option might be to install the resetperms plugin reset the permissions on the share and try again.

• You can love to hate Windows 10 First off try deleting the mapped rive then recreate it, reboot, to see if it fixes it, the other option is look in the event log and set the filter to warnings and errors this will reduce the amount of info, this might give you a pointer. If all that fails then add a a net use script at login; net use x: /delete net use x: \\server\share (instead of hostname you could use the ip address)

• Quote from Revers62: “so I have to do one "Shell-Script: / usr / bin / wait-for-mergerfs" per sharefolder ? ” I would assume just one, but according to @gron he had to add his shares to the wait service, Post 21 is a solution but's it's an out generated config file which will get overwritten with an update. @Paradido solution is another option and taking that into an option might be to create all the shares prior to making a change. On the other hand @gderf solution is the most obvious one to us…

• New disks not recognized

geaves - - General

Quote from FeBo2: “When I create a "Mirror" RAID first of all for the two 8 TB disks, can I remove it easily and just run both in parallel, so I can use the 8 TB of each disks (16 TB all together)? ” Short answer.....NO, you'll need to wipe both drives and start again, if you search the forum there are a number of users that are moving to the likes of the Odroid HC2 and in some cases using 2, one as a main omv and the other backing up the first. A Raid 1 would give you 8TB of space, an alternati…

• Quote from Revers62: “I do not doubt the skills of Kribby but I have doubts about mine! ” There is one caveat in that fix and it's this # This configuration file is auto-generated. Which implies that if there is an update then that file will be overwritten and you will need to do it again. Edit: Look at post 10 I'm sure he's a developer for Emby and post 20 by @gron who has made some modifications.

• New disks not recognized

geaves - - General

Quote from FeBo2: “newer hard drives have a 3.3 V power disable feature pin ” Quote from FeBo2: “As a solution I found, that I just can tape the pin with duct tape and then it should work. ” Here's a better way of doing it, and would save messing with tape, + that's something I've learn't

• Quote from raven66: “Then, I was searching through my router panel to see if I can attach friendly name to my local IP, also no luck. ” That's unusual, these are normally within the DHCP table on the router in relation to each assigned IP address, that was how my old router and so does my new one. I have just disabled the DHCP plugin, but in essence this will add the hostname of the node (machine, iPad etc) along with it's IP address and mac address within the leases section, for static IP's you…

• Quote from MPPurcell: “OMV has no way to see the disk, as there is no SATA connection to it, yet the disk is still listed in the File System ("By-label"), it's status is the same: Missing--and it is still referenced--"Yes". ” It will you have remove any references first, SMB, Shares in that order, then you should be able to remove the drive under filesystems, or simply wipe the drive and start again, whatever you do you have go about things in the reverse order you set them up.

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

Quote from flmaxey: “While I have unbound and pi-hole in Docker configured and tested, on OMV, that's a standby / fallback. ” I must have missed that memo

• Issues with UnionFS

geaves - - RAID

Quote from y2kdread: “Also, I've noticed a few issues putting various docker container config directories on shares hosted on UnionFS ” From my understanding you have to use the absolute path i.e. /srv/dev-etc rather than the relative path /sharedolders

• RAID5 missing after adding disk

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Zerstoerer_: “I will let you know when its done. ” Another two days time then

geaves - - RAID

That's why it's showing as sda1, wipe the drive in the GUI, then add it to the array mdadm /dev/md127 --add /dev/sda that should resolve it.

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Zerstoerer_: “I might have found the mistake !? ” That would indicate that sda has a file system on it hence my previous request