Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 62.

• SMBD saturates CPU

Tom - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from geaves: “Quote from tugdualenligne2: “Up. Am I the only one having this issue????? EDIT: I just discovered that when I shutdown one of my other server which is uses my OMV box as a SMB server, the CPU load just disappear. So it must be my other server which stresses a bit too much my SMB server... Ideas, gents? ” This was similar to my problem...it would make sense why your smbstatus returned empty, in my case I had a nas and a media server which accessed the nas via symlinks. I start…

• SMBD saturates CPU

Tom - - CIFS/SMB

I have the same issue. Load is high, smbd being the culprit: top - 10:37:53 up 3 days, 2:12, 1 user, load average: 2.40, 2.17, 2.12 Tasks: 128 total, 4 running, 124 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie %Cpu(s): 17.4 us, 69.6 sy, 0.0 ni, 9.9 id, 0.0 wa, 0.0 hi, 3.0 si, 0.0 st KiB Mem: 3092772 total, 2894932 used, 197840 free, 904640 buffers KiB Swap: 223228 total, 37260 used, 185968 free. 1480880 cached Mem PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND 1467 root 20 0 284924 12564 10236 S 34.6 0.…

• Quote from Tom: “The new update broke my installation. I redid the install, but the service still fails to start, throwing this error in the Plex log file: Source Code (4 lines)” OK, I fixed it by removing some symlinks here and there. All in all a troublesome experience.

• The new update broke my installation. I redid the install, but the service still fails to start, throwing this error in the Plex log file: Source Code (4 lines)

• Same problem here, Samba shares no longer available.

• Re: OMV 0.4

Tom - - General

Upgrade done. Not the OS, just OMV.

• [RESOLVED] OMV 0.4

Tom - - General

Quick question: is OMV 0.4 still supported? Are updates still being worked on (bugs and security, not new features)?

• Re: OMV like guest virtual machine

Tom - - General

I'm running OMV on ESXi 5 for a year or so. Never had any problems.

• Re: OMV 0.5 is nice but...

Tom - - Plugins

Quote from "votdev": “Quote from "lodger": “volker, thank you, you make a great product. But please tell the community how to create plugins for OMV. Spend it on your precious time and OMV will become even more popular.” I know this is a big problem, but writing a documentation will block the work on all other activities. First priority at the moment is to stabilize 0.5 and start migration to Debian Wheezy which will surely take several months.” Why is is so important to go to Wheezy? In fact: w…

• Re: My server build.

Tom - - My NAS Build

Make sure you have enough cooling!

• Quote from "ryecoaaron": “So why don't you translate your solution or post in English??” I did, before everyone got their panties in a twist, at the end of Page 1 But for some reason more attention went to my P.S...

• You guys can use whatever language you prefer! Use Swahili if you want. I'm just saying that if you use anything else but English, you are limiting your audience. I thought that was obvious, but apparently it's a sensitive topic... In this case I stopped following this thread the moment it went German, which is a pity, because I think I have a possible solution.

• Quote from "davidh2k": “Auch wenn das Board International gehalten ist, können sowohl Volker/votdev, SerErris, Solo0815 sowie Ich, anderen Personen in unserer Muttersprache helfen. Ach und tekkbebe versteht und spricht auch deutsch. Scheut euch also nicht Fragen auf deutsch zu stellen! Gruß David” Oh, but do your German thing if you want. I'm just saying you are limiting your audience. And it's not like the Germans already managed to solve this issue, right?

• Have you tried this: forums.openmediavault.org/view…f=21&t=322&start=10#p1892 P.S. You know that if you post your questions in English on an international board, it will greatly increase your chances of getting a helpful reply?

• Re: Amazon glacier backup

Tom - - Plugins

Quote from "tekkbebe": “The things I don't like about online backup is it is incredibly slow and the cost.” The cost? I have all my pictures and music backup up to Glacier. All together around 100GB. This costs me around $1 per month. It's slow? Yes, maybe, but then again, how often do you need a restore? For pretty static data like pictures and music, it's perfect!

• For what it's worth: I have my OMV rsync'ing all my important data to my old NAS. And I have all my very important data sync'ed to Glacier...

• So it is fixed?

• Quote from "knumsi": “Quote from "Tom": “ You won't find anything in his bash history, because from the screenshot you can see that the rm -rf was invoked by cron! Which is rather... worrying... Is this fixed in the new release, because otherwise I will be shutting down my box until it is.” You are right that this was invoked by cron - its the automatic deletion of the recycle folder (if you use it) Just disable the automatic recycling of the samba .recycle folder to be absolutely safe I do neve…

• Quote from "davidh2k": “First, run this command: Source Code (1 line) if that spits out nothing, try Source Code (1 line) i would like to know what command was executed there as it seems to be no simple "rm -rf /media/..." but specific files to be deleted.” You won't find anything in his bash history, because from the screenshot you can see that the rm -rf was invoked by cron! Which is rather... worrying... Is this fixed in the new release, because otherwise I will be shutting down my box until …

• Re: SMB to SMB performance

Tom - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from "tekkbebe": “I think he is using a latop....” But I'm not Desktop with teamed 2Gbit and OMV with 1Gbit.