Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 602.

• Proxmox Kernel

donh - - General

Proxmox is based on debian like OMV.

• Proxmox Kernel

donh - - General

I am using OMV in as a proxmox vm. I just wanted others to notice the change. Quote from ryecoaaron: “The only way to move the plugin to zfs-linux instead of debian would be to enable the proxmox repo all the time. That would update some packages that people may not want to do. ” Proxmox uses the debian repo. Same as OMV? Source Code (4 lines) and Source Code (3 lines)So unless something is in both it wont get updated from proxmox's repo. It could get messy if they overlap now or in the future. …

• Proxmox Kernel

donh - - General

Source Code (5 lines)

• Proxmox Kernel

donh - - General

Need to look into this more. As of this morning proxmox is switching to. Source Code (4 lines)Not sure if this might be a problem on OMV? Or if you could move OMV to the zfs-linux instead of debian? Kind of defeats the goal of simplicity.

• Boot with no video card

donh - - General

Redirecting video to serial may only be on servers to run them head less. Maybe an old pci card would use less wats? Good luck

donh - - General

Don't know much about uefi but you may be able to tell it to use a serial connection for output instead of vga. Since you are just trying to save power, how much power does the card use? If it is a lot get a cheap low power one?

donh - - General

Do you get beep codes? If you don't have a speaker get one. Then go to asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A99X_EVO_R20/HelpDesk_Manual/ and lookup beep codes.

• Dowgrade Kernel of OMV4

donh - - General

Try apt-cache search linux-image. Pick one you like and apt-get install it. Try it and see if it works. If it does set it as the default boot kernel. There is a way to pin that version so it wont get updated. Google will show you how. What hardware is this?

• Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration

donh - - General

Source Code (22 lines)

• Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration

donh - - General

It is always something simple hidden in plain site.

• Well you are close. Her is what I have under smb extra options for reference. Thay are for a windows ad but some may apply? Seem to remember having uid max there at one time also. [list=1][*]#Extra Options [*]client signing = yes [*]client use spnego = yes [*]kerberos method = secrets and keytab [*]password server = mustang.example.com [*]realm = example.COM [*]security = ads [/list] I wrote a script for windows here. Look threw the sssd.conf file I added some comments to it. Maybe something hel…

• Quote from Cloggs: “I've modified the /etc/login.defs file and set UID_MAX and GID_MAX to 9999999999, but not dice ” Make it bigger 1697600513 > 9999999999.

• Try systemctl stop sssd.service && rm /var/lib/sss/db/* && systemctl start sssd.service.

• Does getent passwd show users?

• Ceph

donh - - General

Use proxmox to manage the drives and create virtual drives as needed for shares etc. on OMV.

• Passing a disk through to a OMV VM

donh - - General

Why not just create virtual disks for the vm?

• Replacing Non-ECC with ECC

donh - - General

Just remember zfs ecc etc etc are not as good as a recent backup.

• Replacing Non-ECC with ECC

donh - - General

Will the cost of the upgrade be worth it? ecc used to be the only way to go but now not so much. jrs-s.net/2015/02/03/will-zfs-…n-ecc-ram-kill-your-data/ arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopi…5679&p=26303271#p26303271

• LDAP plugin questions...

donh - - General

Glad you got it working. If you have time please write up a howto for others benefit. Thanks

• LDAP plugin questions...

donh - - General

I use active directory (2012r2) so this is general advise. Does it work on another not omv debian install? If yes try to see what is different between them. Did you join the domain? Do you see domain users or groups with getent? getent passwd getent group I gave up on the plugin years ago but I think it should work for openldap. There were a few good threads in the old bug tracker. Unfortunately progress ate it. sssd and realmd are more modern ways of doing this task. They detect things and take…