Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 67.

• Unionfilesystem Plugin

Tyberious Funk - - Plugins

Is this plugin currently working in 3.0? I've setup a test system for OMV 3.0 and tried the unionfilesystem plugin. It installs ok, but when I go to create a pool, I get the following error; Source Code (1 line) Details; Source Code (1 line)

• Mount Options

Tyberious Funk - - General

By default, Docker stores containers in /var/lib/docker, which on openmediavault will be on the same hard drive as the base operating system. As a generally rule, all the executables inside the container should work because they are essentially on the same file system as any executables on the host system. The problem occurs when you create an image with volumes that you map to a mounted file share. For example, I created an Emby container with a volume called /config, and mapped it to /media/[U…

• Mount Options

Quote from subzero79: “I also tested transcoding and worked well. As I say the ffmpeg is inside the container (at least in in my docker the official one) ” I understand that ffmpeg is inside the container, but is that a volume that sits on the host system in a folder mounted with noexec? If so, then that basically means that Docker ignores the underlying file system and will allow you to execute a binary that's on a filesystem mounted as 'noexec'. That would seem strange to me. But then it's not…

• Mount Options

Quote from subzero79: “ Well, depends on the image i guess, because i pulled the official one docker pull emby/embyserver and the ffmpeg is inside the container in /opt/ffmpeg, i just tested and just in case moved the config folder to a default ext4 one with noexec and there was not an issue playing content from the webinterface. ” I'm not sure which version of the official docker build you've been using, but the one I use puts the configurations in a volume /config, which of course, you can map…

• Mount Options

Is it possible to edit the default mount options for shared folders? I have a docker container running emby (media browser), but the emby config folder (which can get really large) is pointed to a shared folder. Unfortunately, emby includes it's own version of ffmpeg, which sits in this config folder. I've been trying to figure out why transcoding won't work, and I suspect it's because shared folders in OMV, by default, are mounted noexec... hence ffmpeg refuses to work So I want to be able to m…

• SMB2 on Windows and OSX

Tyberious Funk - - CIFS/SMB

So I played around a bit over the weekend, and here are a couple of combinations; 1. Set min protocol = SMB2 -- works on my macbook (Yosemite), fails on Windows 7, and fails on OpenELEC 2. Set max protocol = SMB2 -- works on my macbook (Yosemite), fails on Windows 10 (preview)... didn't try it on OpenELEC 3. Leave the setting blank -- works on everything, but macbook (Yosemite) is painfully slow In the case of Windows, I rebooted to ensure the existing sessions weren't being cached. I'm not real…

• SMB2 on Windows and OSX

Tyberious Funk - - CIFS/SMB

For a while now, I've found the performance of Samba when being browsed by a OSX client to be really painful. For example, when opening a network folder on my macbook, it can take several seconds to get a directory listing. Whereas, on Windows it's pretty close to instantaneous. A number of online forums suggest the issue is with OSX Mavericks and SMB1, so it's recommended to push samba to use SMB2. So I added the follow; min protocol = SMB2 ... to my config. I suddenly found a HUGE leap in perf…

• Not sure if this will help, but you can create samba configs specific to each user based on their username. If you create a file /etc/samba/smb.conf.<username> then any user logging in with that username will inherit the configs in that file (in addition to the configs in /etc/samba/smb.conf). You just need to reference the user-specific config with an "include" command. eg, in the [global] section, you'd have something like; include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%U And then in each user-config file you…

• I came across this issue last night... Set up a website on port 8000, and shortly after couldn't access to the OMV gui. I'm running OMV on port 7000, and HAProxy on port 80. So it didn't occur to me that there could be a port conflict. Thanks to this thread, I quickly checked that nginx wasn't running. Turns out I'd forgotten that I'm running HTPC Manager on port 8000, hence the conflict.... d'oh!!

• Plugin Docker

This is a "bug" in openmediavault. Docker creates a virtual network device called docker0, and for each container, a virtual device with the prefix vethXXXXX. OMV tries to validate the devices against known regex patterns, fails, and then throws an error. Best I can tell, it doesn't cause any issues.

• Hiding Services Behind HAProxy

For anyone that is interested, I've written a short blog post about putting services behind HAProxy. I thought I'd post it here, since it's relevant to people using some of the third-party plugins for things like Sickbeard, Couchpotato, SABnzbd, etc, etc. Plus, if there is sufficient interest, I think HAProxy might be a worthwhile plugin itself. Why did I do this? Generally, when you set up a service like (say) Sickbeard, it will listen on a particular port (like, say 8080). Any there's a pretty…

• This is just a workaround that I use, which may or may not work depending on your setup... If you manage your TV Shows via software like Sickbeard, Sickrage or Sonarr, you can set them up to write directly to aufs branches. That way, new episodes are posted to the same folder every time. You can then setup file sharing via samba, nfs or whatever, sharing the pooled directory. Although you don't get the full benefits of pooling, in my case at least, it's reading files where I need pooling the mos…

• Cannot Unmount NFS Share

Tyberious Funk - - NFS

The NFS server was already shutdown. As it turns out, I tried turning it back on and deleting the share while the server was running. That seemed to work.

• Cannot Unmount NFS Share

Tyberious Funk - - NFS

I'm trying to remove an NFS share. Deleting from the GUI seems to work, but when I got "apply" the settings, I get an error; Failed to unlink the directory '/export/Movies': rm: cannot remove `/export/Movies': Device or resource busy Normally I'd check to see if there is anything using that directory; lsof +D /export/Movies But I don't get any results. As it turns out, checking via the cmdline, it looks like the share does get unmounted. But it's not getting removed from the config. Any thoughts…

• docker utilization for plugins

For anyone that is interested and still following this thread... Over the weekend I noticed that my installation of sabnzbd wasn't working quite correctly. Basically, anything that required repairs was failing. I have par2 installed, but for whatever reason, the sabnzbd code wasn't picking it up. When I've got some time, I'll try and debug the problem and try and figure out what's going on. But in the meantime, I really needed a working install of sabnzbd. I did a quick bit of research and found…

Over the weekend, I upgraded my OMV system to Krazelic (finally), and took the opportunity to install Docker and put my services in containers. Up to this point, I've been mostly playing around in Virtual Box. For anyone interested, here is my Dockerfile for sabnzbd; Source Code (40 lines) A note a couple of things... as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I run services as a non-root user, even inside containers. This can cause some issues with file permissions. So I have created corresponding u…

Quote from ryecoaaron: “ Does anything need to be executable? &nbsp;Just making sure a shared folder will work.” I would think that you would use shared folders as a means of mapping to container volumes. I don't know if it would be such a good idea to use shared folders for actually storing containers.

I would image that some kind of Docker interface would be relatively simple to build, in a technical sense. But there are a couple of little tricky idiosyncrasies that would need to be worked out in order to make a a Docker plugin "work" nicely. For example, some changes you make inside the container won't really work unless you make a corresponding change outside the container. eg, if you change sickbeard's default port from 8080 to 8000, you can make the change in the sickbeard interface (whic…

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Thanks for the info Where do the files from for an image based on something other than the host? Can the docker access the host file system?” Images are stored in /var/lib/docker. If you try and start a container based on an image you don't have, docker will automatically check the online registry and start downloading the image to store locally. The containers themselves are also stored in /var/lib/docker (can't remember the exact file structure). But what's really nice …

Quote from ryecoaaron: “ Can you explain these two comments more?” When you build an application in a Docker container, the container is more or less isolated from the host system. For example, you may run OMV as your host system, but deploy sickbeard in a Docker container based on Ubuntu 14.04. If/when you upgrade OMV, the Docker container remains running in Ubuntu 14.04. On the flip side, you could upgrade your container from Ubuntu 14.04 to 14.10, while leaving your OMV host completely untouc…