Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Pull older docker image version

KM0201 - - Docker

Quote from flyinjoe13: “Were you streaming .mkv files? My MP4's work fine. MKV files will not transcode in Plex sometimes if you have the noexec opt enabled in config.xml. The movie I watched the other night was an mp4. Last night's was an .mkv because I didn't want to take the time to convert it. I had removed the noexec opt on my test machine, but this was my actual server I was streaming from that I had just put together and forgot about removing that option. Like I said, 4 hours wasted for a…

• Abandoned plugins

KM0201 - - Plugins

Quote from Niemand: “why I don't like docker: too much overhead, too much potential of data loss, too less separation from the host, too many possibilities to loose data and crash the whole system. I like LXC. May you write a guide to keep plex up to date on our own? ” No disrespect... but you could have summed this up with.. Why I don't like docker: I'm misinformed. None of what you said there is accurate (with some of it outright outlandish). It took me a while to finally decide to give docker…

• plugins not installable

KM0201 - - Plugins

Quote from genista: “aaaarrrrrghhh that was too easy! I didn't even think about this zenario but this was it . Thank you very much. genista ” It's easy to overlook, but it's probably one of the most common questions that come up after people upgrade (or build new servers and they are using the same URL as the old). Afterwards when you think about it, you're like.. "Damn.. duh".. but usually that only happens afterwards.. Glad it was simple.

• Failed to create a file system

KM0201 - - General

Can't really say what you did wrong.. I've not installed the 32bit version in ages but I just tested it in a virtual machine, and everything worked just fine.

• so when you click apply in the yellow bar, does it give you any errors?

KM0201 - - Docker

Hmm... I've never had to do that when I was experimenting with Plex and Emby.

• There might be some plugins in 3.0 that are no longer available in 4.0... so I'd verify your plugin compatibility.. I would update and then upgrade, but the end result will likely be the same either way.

KM0201 - - Docker

Quote from flyinjoe13: “Plex has stopped transcoding my .mkv files all of a sudden. It worked as early as last night because I watched a movie. The only thing I noticed was that my version went from 1.14.something to 1.15.something. I wanted to see if it was the update that did it by removing plex all together and installing the previous version, but I don't know if that is possible. Can you force pull an older version and if so, how? Thanks... EDIT: I think I know how to do it, but I don't know…

KM0201 - - Docker

My knowledge of Plex is pretty limited as I just experimented with it for a month. Curious, which Plex docker did you install? Linuxserver, or the official Plex? I had a lot of issues w/ the official Plex container, but none with the Linuxserver one... I'm sure this was something I was doing wrong, but, it is what it is. One thing to note (I signed up for Plex pass for a month)... You can set the version it will maintain on in the environments... hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/ Source Code (1…

• plugins not installable

KM0201 - - Plugins

Open the webUI in Incognito/Privacy mode and log in, and see if that solved the problem. Assuming it does, you need to clear your web cache for the OMV URL Chrome/Firefox: Hold Control and click the Refresh button (or hit F5). Not sure how to do it on Edge, but I'm sure there's a similar procedure if you Google. forum.openmediavault.org/index…rom-3-99-Having-an-issue/

• Why on earth is /var 20gigs? Mine isn't even 1. How large is your / partition? Are you using the whole 1tb drive for OMV or did you do some sort of custom partitioning... I'm assuming so.

• cockpit on RPi

KM0201 - - General

Quote from NasAxMan: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from NasAxMan: “will your Cockpit-guide also work for RaspberryPi 3 ? ” Mostly. Cockpit works quite well on the RPi but there are a couple of modules that may not do much. ” Ok, thank you - I'll give it a try One question: what does "I forgot in the video that you need backports enabled if it isn’t already." mean? how can I check this on my raspberry/omv? ” The Pi and x64 versions are different but I'm assuming this is the same. If you have OMV…

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

KM0201 - - Plugins

I've saw a lot of issues with the RPI and docker... but that seems to be an issue w/ the docker plugin itself, not permissions... What are you referring to?

• Missing space on boot drive...

KM0201 - - General

Quote from Adoby: “As long as the docker images are few, small and not frequently updated, it should be fine to use the default docker base path /var/lib/docker. But docker images tend to be many, big and frequently updated. Then having them on the SD card may cause the SD card to fail sooner than later. Or fill the rootfs. ” This is truth here... When I started messing with Docker, my intention was to only use 1... Now I'm up to 7 (8 if you count watchtower).. and I've probably tested at least …

• Docker Issue on Install

KM0201 - - Docker

Wish I knew more about the Pi OS's to help.. I've learned in the past they are a different beast.

• Abandoned plugins

KM0201 - - Plugins

Quote from vcdwelt: “Was the Plex Plugin also given up? Or is there a chance for updates in near future? ” I don't think it's completely abandoned (the repository is still there)... but it's been suggested for a while now that setting up Plex in Docker would be the more appropriate path to using Plex.

• Quote from NasAxMan: “Maybe this output from df -h gives a hint what's using my rootfs? forum.openmediavault.org/index…d509af30c38cb90d7d0c93ef8 sorry for "silly" questions, I'm not yet really familiar with raspberry/linux (but working on it) ” Your issue is right in that pic.. docker is filling up your root partition. Solution is in this thread Missing space on boot drive... (Edit:. I see someone else already posted said link.. that thread should guide you to fixing this)

KM0201 - - General

Quote from flyinjoe13: “Quote from KM0201: “Unfortunately, this is something I think that is missed in Technodad's videos (or I missed it)... Click Docker in the OMV panel, and then click Settings. You'll see the drop down box where you can choose a folder you've created under Shared Folders... This is where you store your containers. If you look under that drop down box, there is this message: "The location of the Docker base path (this setting is optional and defaults to /var/lib/docker if uns…

KM0201 - - General

Unfortunately, this is something I think that is missed in Technodad's videos (or I missed it)... Click Docker in the OMV panel, and then click Settings. You'll see the drop down box where you can choose a folder you've created under Shared Folders... This is where you store your containers. If you look under that drop down box, there is this message: "The location of the Docker base path (this setting is optional and defaults to /var/lib/docker if unset). The plugin must be enabled for a change…

• Deleting shares via cli

KM0201 - - General

Remove them from the webui first.. (you can choose delete shared folder, or delete shared folder and data.. which will completely delete the folder). If they are already gone from there... Then yes you could remove them.