Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 45.

• I just upgraded my house ethernet switches all to 1Gbps, they were 10/100Mbps with some burnt ethernet ports and I wanted faster connection to my OMV computer. I have a ethernet cable that runs from my routers gigabit port into a gigabit switch, then from that switch it goes into an wall outlet, where it connects to another gigabit switch that feeds my OMV setup, a 2nd router, TV, etc. All the switches are brand new and all are Gigabit. This are the results I get so far JNQUeTB.png csA2G8k.png T…

• As the title sugests, can I "save" my OMV 2.2.14 "settings" and do a fresh 4.X install and import them, instead of configuring it from the ground up again? EDIT: Also, I must use a USB flash drive for the operating system. Can I do this in 4.X? My machine has been running for more than 2 years fine on USB on 2.X

• Slow internet when NAS turns on

OctavioMaia - - Network

I build a OMV machine for a friend but recently he's complaining about slow internet speeds when his NAS is powered on. The machine isn't downloading anything, or streaming and Plex outside his network is disabled. Is there a way to find out what's causing this? When he turns off the machine everything works fine

• Fresh install, go 4.X or 3.X?

OctavioMaia - - General

I currently use OMV v2 and my main use is Plex, sickbeard and transmission. I'm thinking about a fresh install, it's been 2 years since I've had this machine running and a fresh install seems logical. Should I go with OMV3 or OMV4 (even if it's still in beta) ?

• While this isn't related to OMV I thought you guys could help me out, so I created an image for better explaining my issue i.imgur.com/lDtM0wV.png I have a main router, from my ISP company that provides internet to the whole house. But it only has 4 ethernet ports, so I have two switches. On the upper floor there's no wifi, so I have a powerline connected to one switch and on the upper floor the receiving powerline (the powerline is well connected to the other unit) connects to a router (which i…

• 2TB HDD died on me

OctavioMaia - - General

Can I simply move the files over to a new one? Using the mv command?

• 2TB HDD died on me

OctavioMaia - - General

Quote from subzero79: “There is a sw call testdisk/photorec that helps for recover data. Be aware only recovers files, not names or folder but it does group them by type. You need another spare disk or enough space to put all the recovered files. ” I managed to run SMART on the HDD. For no obvious reason OMV booted up and the HDD seems to work This is the output pastebin.com/raw/YwwwcQeR

• 2TB HDD died on me

OctavioMaia - - General

So one of my 3 HDD died last night after a power outage. It already hasn't in good health, so I'm not surprised. It was a Seagate 2TB, and I'm now looking for a new one to replace it. I'm probably looking at the new Seagate Ironwolf NAS ou WD Red NAS. I hope these are worth the extra cost of the standard drives. Also, is there a way I could recover the data on that lost drive?

• OMV dies after couple of days

OctavioMaia - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from OctavioMaia: “Also, I can't use CloneZilla to restore since this wasnt a clonezilla backup? ” Correct. The backup plugin just rsyncs the files to a directory. ” Thank you, I'll give it a try

OctavioMaia - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from OctavioMaia: “So just install OMV as usuall and do those commands to restore it, correct? ” Pretty much ” Also, I can't use CloneZilla to restore since this wasnt a clonezilla backup?

OctavioMaia - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from OctavioMaia: “When you refer to "if new drive is same size or larger" is it comparing the new drive to the old installation drive, or the drive where the backup is from? ” The size of the backup drive is not important. If the old installation drive is larger than the new installation drive, you can't write the old mbr to the new drive. That is why that is mentioned. ” I'll probably just grab an used HDD and call it a day. So just install OMV as usuall and do th…

OctavioMaia - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from OctavioMaia: “Would that be the culprit? ” It could be.Quote from OctavioMaia: “How can I restore it? ” Did you read this - Backup a live system ” I did read it. The backup is on a 2TB HDD, while the USB drive is 32GB. When you refer to "if new drive is same size or larger" is it comparing the new drive to the old installation drive, or the drive where the backup is from?

OctavioMaia - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from OctavioMaia: “I have not tested the flashdrive. It's a genuine flashdrive, dont worry.. 100% sure ” If you don't have the flashmemory plugin installed, it doesn't matter if it is "genuine". ” I have it installed on my OMV2.0 machine but not on my 3.0 Would that be the culprit? Also, I made a whole backup of my OMV image via the backup plugin. How can I restore it?

OctavioMaia - - General

I have not tested the flashdrive. It's a genuine flashdrive, dont worry.. 100% sure

OctavioMaia - - General

So I built my friend a OMV machine with 3.0. I'm still on 2.0 and running smoothly so I'm not planning to upgrade. I got him a 32GB USB flashdrive for the OS and a 2TB HDD. I also use a 16GB USB flashdrive for 2 years with no issue whatsoever. The thing is probably 2-3 days after I built his machine I just stopped working overnight. I tried everything and couldnt even access the webgui, no ssh, nothing. I got a screen logged in and saw massive nginx errors with no fix available. I reinstalled 3.…

• Can't update plugins

OctavioMaia - - General

I have commented the ninthgate line on the file you mentioned. It seems to work now, thanks. Should I leave it commented?

• Can't update plugins

OctavioMaia - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm grep -ir ninthgate /etc/apt/* ” p7zeOZH.png hM2anGt.png

• Can't update plugins

OctavioMaia - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Use the apt clean button in omv-extras. Your system is trying to use an old plex package that isn't in the repos. 1.3.3 is in the repo. ” Sorry for the late reply but that didnt work for me. Even after trying to do apt-clean several times on the GUI I get this error now: pastebin.com/raw/bdwrLTbP

• Can't update plugins

OctavioMaia - - General

I'm trying to upgrade my Plex Media Server and I get this error everytime Source Code (155 lines)I tried restarting the server several times and nothing seems to work

• Can't search for updates

OctavioMaia - - General

Hello guys. After installing the teamspeak addon i'm only getting problems.. On my update tab in OMV if i wanted to update my addond i'd have to update eveyrthing except teamspeak 3, otherwise it would give some sort of error. I could live with that, but now i cant even check for new updates, i get this error message: pastebin.com/raw/YSuH06x8 And if I try to unnistall teamspeak i get this: pastebin.com/raw/CJMcS3y3 plus this pastebin.com/raw/QgjNpySn Any idea on how to help me :/?