Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 25.

• I'm glad it was of benefit to someone! I know the feeling of splashing out on parts only to be faced with what seems to be the impossible! Thankfully there's the forums to help and mine has been running fine since I got it setup Have fun!

• That worked, the server shutdown lastnight! Thank you for your help! I'll be going to Munich in April with a few friends to visit the BMW museum and a few other places. Must be kinda nice being close to there!

• I left my router alone and extended the dhcp lease time to 2 weeks. I still don't seem to have it working, my two pc have the follwing IP and this is how I entered it in OMV: 192.168.0.122, 192.168.0.220 Is the formatting or seperator wrong or why would it still not go to sleep? Does it matter I installed OMV on debian (debian first)? ---edit--- Btw, that looks like a nice M4!

• If I can access my PC I'll try set DHCP for a specific range while my PC can be static along with the other one If I change the pcs to static, I might as well change the server also, or would I be better off leaving it alone?

• Having thought about it after posting, I'm probably better of only allowing it to look for my PC and the other one? While I do have DHCP on, I'm expecting all my devices incl pc use the same IP due to how long the lease for them is

• I've been trying to suss out why the server won't automatically shutdown on me and I think it might be because it is finding devices connected to my network when pinging. Below is part of the log while in FAKE mode Source Code (39 lines)I might be wrong but it finds 6 ip's however only 1 has access to the server (there is also a 2nd pc which has access), I'm not sure how to determine what the others are. I have a smart tv, smart display, tablet and two mobiles on the same network, which presumab…

• So far, so good! I have a few shared drives/folders setup. I'm just trying to figure out Duplicati with Backblaze B2, so far so good, which was important to get working. Next I'll start with the more fun stuff!

• It seemed to be working fine, I added both my drives, spent some time setting up Shared Folders and adding them to Samba. Copying of files from the pc to the server works from both pc's. I removed docker after getting the persistent error, I don't need it yet! I'll be building on the base install over the next while to get a few things working (backup to external drive and cloud) that are more important to docker. Once I need it I'll look into it into more detail. I noticed after doing all the u…

• Hi back to her! Very Irish surname! Fortunate no troubles on our end either. I did a re-install yesterday evening using USA for sources. Strangely enough when copy/pasting from one of the linked pages in this thread nothing worked, however copy/pasting from your previous response did work. I'm up and running now (on version 4.1.17-1), following this tutorial first and had some errors when I updated the system for two Linux system updates I noticed I had a lot of errors/warning after running omv-…

• Hi Flmaxey I'm not sure if you missed my last post or if I edited it? I decided to try the previous version of Debian and low and behold it worked! I still got a bunch or errors but I'm able to login to OMV through my browser I think the difference in version might have had to do with oppression ------edit------ Is it normal not to be able to login through putty once OMV is setup? Another thing I noticed is that I can't upgrade with either of the 2 packages there as it throws errors

• I just installed an earlier version of Debian and I think it's working, I've ran almost all of the 2nd script and it's downloading a bunch of things now! ---edit--- Getting a lot of errors after: omv-initsystem n:~# W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168d-1.fw for module r8169 I'm just wondering about the beow which I copy pasted exactly as is cat <<EOF >>/etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list deb packages.openmediavault.org/public arrakis main # debhttp://downloads.sour…

• I just did a reinstall, all defaults except for language and location to reflect those for Ireland, network I used WORKGROUP (same as my windows machines) and finally I installed SSH and System Utilities (presumably this is what you meant for Tools?). I've reboot the system, loged in as myself and the SU to root I've copied the first script, line for line as per your post followed by the second script also line for line. The first part, it downloaded something and the final line was followed by …

• That would be awesome! I can try an older version to if it's more likely to work?

• Just a thought, would it be possible to run the instal from the cd via a command in debian?

• I tried a few things, can't remember in which order. If it means reinstalling debian again I will? Maybe I have the wrong version? The file I downloaded is this: debian-9.6.0-amd64-netinst.iso Nothing happens when I run that command Source Code (8 lines)

• So I had a go at this, my dvd drive wasn't recognised and I couldn't boot from the disc (ISO downloaded and burned to disc using windows built-in burning). I then tried through putty, I don't think something is working right though Source Code (37 lines)Nothing seems to happen after the first shell script and the second throws some errors? I found that thread also but I didn't see how he got it setup in the end. I've installed Debian as per this link pcsuggest.com/debian-minimal-install-guide/ a…

• --- edit --- Got an error but it still seems to have posted

• I'll have a look into that also, I'm not sure if the board has that option but I'll look for it.

• Thanks flmaxey for the indepth response! I have a bunch of threads/videos bookmarked ready to go for all the various things I'm expecting of this server, this uefi problem was unforseen and way out of my depth to resolve solo. I think I may have also come across the link you posted! I'm going to try and get myself a blank cd/dvd (presumably it fits on a cd) and burn a disc, if I have time I'll install this eve or over the weekend. I may have skipped the ssh bit in the installer, either way, I'll…

• I just put together a pc using a Asrock J4105-ITX motherboard which I just realised can't install OMV from USB because of EUFI. I found a few posts suggesting to install Debian, I followed this guide with the exception of hitting install instead of Grpahical Install: pcsuggest.com/debian-minimal-install-guide/ When I reboot I'm presented with a login, I login with my username and password, I ran the command at the end of the site linked above and this is where I get stuck, I don not know what to…