Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from Nefertiti: “Me too I just want to use it for pihole ” If you want to use your RPi only for pihole, why not install pihole directly without docker? github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole/#one-step-automated-install If you want to use pihole parallel to OMV you just have to change the port for either pihole or OMV as both are using port 80 by default.

• URBackup Server NEWBIE

macom - - Plugins

Did you get any error messages during install? Do you see UrBackup listed in the processes (diagnostics | system information | processes) UrBackup should be available when you enter this in the address bar of your browser ip.of.your.nas:55414 for example 192.168.0.1:55414 Try restart of the server.

• Quote from Palladium: “That seems to be the best way. I am going to do some research on how to do that. ” This (mainly the links at the bottom) might be helpful. Encrypted Backup

• Issues with WD 8TB Red HD

macom - - General

Even if you wiped the drives, there might be some signatures left on them. What is the output of wipefs -n /dev/sd? exchange ? according to your actual drives.

• Disable hdparm with hdparm -B255 /dev/sda just to be sure. To set hd-idle to 90 min should be HD_IDLE_OPTS="-i 5400 -l /var/log/hd-idle.log" but should not matter on the HC2 as the firmwares should take care of the spindown.

• Help with WOL command

macom - - Network

Quote from ALX1S: “it was working before with previos firmware anyway ” Which firmware upgrade? Could this be the reason why it is not working any more?

• You could boot a live distro like SystetmRescueCD which is available in omv-extras (Kernel tab). That should work for sure. I am not sure if you could unmount the drive from CLI, check the disk and reboot ("mount -a" might be enough).

• Have you tried systemctl enable crond.service

• plugins not installable

macom - - Plugins

Quote from genista: “Please be patient with me ” We are. Just wanted to point you to some really usefull information in the forum and related to OMV. Check out the links in my signature.

• They should be updated during the process. In my case I had no issue at all. But I am not using zfs.

• Wondering if you could use ncdu -x It should not descend into other filesystems, so if there is a folder in /srv which is very large it should be one that is not actually mounted.

• Quote from daveinfla: “How do you confirm compatibility? ” Check if they are available for OMV4 on omv-extras.org or openmediavault.org for core plugins. All of the ones you listed are available for OMV4. The good thing: you have a backup of you OS drive. So if anything goes wrong you can just use the backup.

• I assume it depends how many space is used on the USB pen. Just try.

• Abandoned plugins

macom - - Plugins

Quote from vcdwelt: “Also i read a lot about problems with Transcoding ” This might be related to drives being mounted as "noexec" which can be fixed quite easily.

• Abandoned plugins

macom - - Plugins

Quote from vcdwelt: “i'm using a big Plex installation with lot of custom configurations and a big database. I'm afraid of moving this into a docker. Also i read a lot about problems with Transcoding (and some other things) insite a Docker Container in Plex Forum. So maybe i will wait and hope for Updates ” Why not just set up Plex in a container in parallal. Just to play and see if you get everything to work as expected. You can point the container to a seperate media folder to not mess up with…

• I also have to mention that I recently did a rollback with snapper on the HC2. It worked in the sense that the system was up and running as expected, but snapper was not configured any more. Probably because arm devices are not using grub which seems to be needed for a propper rollback. I will have a look at btrbk. Thanks

• plugins not installable

macom - - Plugins

Quote from genista: “aaaarrrrrghhh that was too easy! ” That is one of the reasons it is listed in the common problem section (see below).

• You can also use Clonezilla. But you have to boot clonezilla live.

• Quote from tkaiser: “if you do snapshots then choose a tool that automates everything for you and deletes unneeded snapshots based on a retention policy ” Just want to mention, that snapper is doing this. You can configure snapper to create snapshots on a time basis (every hour or what ever). Additionally it will create a snapshot before and after any apt something. Cleanup is also done based on configurable criteria. If you do not want to have time based snapshots you can disable.

• Can't connect after motherboard swap

macom - - General

try omv-firstaid from the CLI to configure your network card