Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 43.

• Try editing your /etc/init.d/greyhole file, and at line 78, change this: Shell-Script (1 line)into this: Shell-Script (1 line)i.e. remove the " -d open_basedir=/" part. Then restart greyhole again.

• Try to restart greyhole, and immediately after, execute the command here: github.com/gboudreau/Greyhole/…gather-system-information Reply here with the URL that command returns.

• Try: `greyhole --logs` in a terminal window, and in another `service greyhole restart`. The first terminal window should show you what is happening/wrong. Or just look in /var/log/greyhole.log and/or /var/log/greyhole.err for hints at what is wrong. - Guillaume

• Hi, Greyhole uses a Trash that is enabled by default (at least on the default greyhole.conf; not sure about OMV). You can verify it is enabled using this command: Shell-Script (1 line) If you know the name of the files you're missing, a `locate [filename]` should find any copy of that file, even those stored in the Greyhole Trash. The locate command is provided by the mlocate package; if you don't have it installed, do install it using apt-get, then run `updatedb`, then `locate [filename]` shoul…

• Greyhole

gboudreau - - Plugins

Are the shares accessible remotely? Are they enabled in the Greyhole plugin? Did you do Source Code (1 line)

• Greyhole

gboudreau - - Plugins

Never access the shares using their landing zones on the server itself. Always use the locally mounted shares, which are in /pool/ on OMV.

• Greyhole

gboudreau - - Plugins

Quote: “I noticed that there was a similar script located at github.com/alfbr/openmediavaul…c/init.d/mountsmb-locally It looks like it mounts all the shares locally so that they are available at /pool/[shares]. I think this is what I was after but it hasnt been updates in a long while so, not knowing too much about this stuff, I'm a little wary to use it.” That looks like the right thing. This script should have been installed when you installed the OMV plugin. Just use the mounts you'll find in…

• Greyhole

gboudreau - - Plugins

Make sure you have Samba shares created too.

• Greyhole

gboudreau - - Plugins

Looks like a configuration issue. I'd poke the guys who made the OMV plugin. Can't connect to database: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) That error means Greyhole can't connect to your MySQL server using the credentials found in /etc/greyhole.conf I'd investigate this first, as the plugin should handle this for you, so resolving this might fix all your issues. The storage pool drive '/media/41148273-184b-4e09-868e-bc99a1fe646f/.greyhole' is …

• Quote from Greatone123: “dpkg -l | grep greyhole ii greyhole 0.9.61-1 amd64 Drive pooling technology for Samba ii openmediavault-greyhole 2.0 all OpenMediaVault Greyhole (Storage pool server) plugin” Old version of the Greyhole package. 0.9.61-1 won't work for sure. apt-get update apt-get install greyhole

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “That said, I am getting an installation error (maybe this is part of your problem) when installing just greyhole on a fresh Debian system - maybe @gboudreau has an idea about this:Source Code (27 lines)” Try apt-get update then try to re-install Greyhole. You should get 0.9.61-4, which should fix that.

• First, it's very easy to get files out of a Greyhole pool; it's one of its main feature (easy to recover files). Greyhole store files in regular folders, as regular files. You just need to look in the folders defined as storage_pool_drives in greyhole.conf: Source Code (1 line) The above command will list all the folders you have defined in your pool. If you go into any of those folders, and walk through the folders and files you find there, you'll find part of your Greyhole-stored files. Each o…

• It doesn't matter where the Greyhole MySQL database is. It mostly contains temporary information. You can lose everything in the Greyhole DB, and all your files will still be accessible. I suggest using the fast drive you have for the MySQL data files.

• Re: Greyhole install error

gboudreau - - Plugins

It's fixed. Source Code (1 line) will make sure you install 0.9.48-1 or later, which contains the necessary fix.

gboudreau - - Plugins

Quote from "levi27": “Quote from "gboudreau": “This seems to be a problem with the new tmpfs mount that Greyhole tries to create on install. levi27: If you could provide me with remote SSH or TeamViewer access to your server, that would help. You're the second user on OMV this happens to, and I can't reproduce on my OMV virtual machine, so I can't do much to fix whatever the issue might be. (I'm the Greyhole developer btw.)” All right, I'm ready, if you are ready to access to my server. The serv…

gboudreau - - Plugins

This seems to be a problem with the new tmpfs mount that Greyhole tries to create on install. levi27: If you could provide me with remote SSH or TeamViewer access to your server, that would help. You're the second user on OMV this happens to, and I can't reproduce on my OMV virtual machine, so I can't do much to fix whatever the issue might be. (I'm the Greyhole developer btw.)

• Quote from "ryecoaaron": “I assume I should still remove the mysql entries though?” No, that's OK. No need to. Greyhole will just skip them.

• Quote from "ryecoaaron": “Is there something I can add to the plugin to avoid this?” Next version of Greyhole will not die when this occurs; it will simply log this as a warning, and skip to the next task.

• It's in the Greyhole MySQL database. Delete them by connecting to your MySQL (the username and password are in greyhole.conf, if you don't have a phpMyAdmin or similar installed). Then execute this: SQL-Query (1 line)

• Well, start it! Source Code (1 line) Or use the web UI somehow (no idea where to click).