Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from TheSidewinder: “What is the "-f" parameter doing? ” That is the flag to run in the foreground. If it is was the only thing running in a docker, it would be required to keep the container running. Since you are trying it on exec, you should leave it off so it starts in daemon or background mode. Quote from TheSidewinder: “I guess I'm not seeing the difference between my command "service start (or restart) cron" and your suggested command "/usr/sbin/cron" (with or without the -f) with r…

• A lot of questions about OMV

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Laui: “I installed the omv-extra, choose docker ce repo, update it, and under plugins i try to install Docker, but there is an error (can't copy and paste it): ” You need to fully update your install in the Updates tab first. Then watch a few videos - forum.openmediavault.org/index…ntermediate-and-Advanced/

• Quote from Nefertiti: “I did again this time the plug got installed exept I am unable to use it got Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/docker'. ” I keep telling people with RPis not to install the plugin until docker has been installed. That is what my instructions a few posts up do.

• Quote from TheSidewinder: “Cron is installed, but for some reason does not appear to be actually running. Or at least not running correctly. ” That is because the package assumes you have an init system running that dockers don't have. You need the docker file to actually do what the init script or unit file does - execute the cron binary. Quote from TheSidewinder: “When I issue the restart command, note what it says on the first line. service cron restart [....] Restarting periodic command sche…

• Quote from Nefertiti: “Me too I just want to use it for pihole since it is not functional on my Rockpro 64 ” I am running pihole on my rockpro64 but it is running Ubuntu 18. Quote from Nefertiti: “hese command did not do it specially the last one, where I answer yes to proceed and it abort! ” Your system must not have the right time or something. That is why you are getting the cert error. Make sure to enable ntp. Then try the last command again because you must have hit some other key when spec…

• Quote from TheSidewinder: “service cron restart at startup of that container, but see no way to do that. ” That is what I am trying to say... There are no services. The container is executing apache and nothing else. Dockers are supposed to only have one parent PID. So, you should have another container that just runs cron. Quote from TheSidewinder: “If not, how would I run cron in its own container? Searching available docker images shows a few results but I have yet to find one with any meanin…

• systemd doesn't exist in the docker. The only program that is run is apache. You should have cron technically running in its own container.

• Abandoned plugins

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Niemand: “In Plex I have the info "a new version is available". But in the update window of OMV no Plex-update can be seen. How can I update it? ” If the plex repo is enabled and you have clicked Check in the Updates tab but still see no plex update, then you can't (yet). Since I don't use plex, I don't know how their updates work but evidently, they put updates in whatever the program checks but not in their repo at the same time. So, I would imagine you just have to wait until it is…

• Quote from Nefertiti: “Same difference no confirmation or error message no docker plugin to be installed. ” I really wish RPis would go away... Try this as root: sed -i "/^.*stretch-backports.*$/d" /etc/apt/sources.list omv-changerepo 'Docker CE' enable omv-changebackports YES apt-get install docker-ce

• Please remember to install the docker-ce package before plugin on the wonderful RPi.

• Plex Update

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from vcdwelt: “What will be the best way to self maintain my PLex Installation without breaking anything? Would it be that easy, i only have to add the official Plex Repo to my OMV Installation, like described here: support.plex.tv/articles/23597…nux-server-distributions/ ” *** My comments below only apply to non-arm systems - use docker if you are on arm** Following that plex guide is the best way. When you enable the plex repo in omv-extras, it add the repo pretty much the same as the gu…

• Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Webvirtmgr is not being maintained anymore. I think the easiest way to do it right now, would be cockpit. I was looking for something that would be quick and clean, but my research is not turning up anything that is being maintained. ” proxmox and cockpit are about the only thing being maintained. I think cockpit might be better than webvirtmgr was anyway.

• Docker Issue on Install

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Quote from tmdart: “Installed docker gui, which fails. ” Don't do this. I don't have a good way to fix the plugin to work on the RPi. If you install docker-ce first and have that successfully installed, then you can install the plugin. Quote from tmdart: “After this operation, 44.4 MB disk space will be freed. Do you want to continue? [Y/n] omv-aptclean Abort. root@raspberrypi:~# Y Could not find the database of available applications, run update-command-not-found as root to fix this Y: command …

• Abandoned plugins

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Niemand: “too much overhead ” Docker has less overhead than just about anything out there including LXC. Quote from Niemand: “too much potential of data loss ” If you setup your volumes/bind mounts, you shouldn't lose data anymore than native. Quote from Niemand: “too less separation from the host ” Sometimes this is a good thing. Quote from Niemand: “May you write a guide to keep plex up to date on our own? ” I am not the right one to do that. I don't use plex and don't like it eithe…

• Failed to create a file system

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from St0ne: “As far as i understand the error, php5 is missing. Is it possible to just install php5? I am really new to linux. ” Debian 9 does not have php5 packages. OMV 4.x uses php 7.x as well. That why I thought you have something misconfigured. What is the output of: cat /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*

• cockpit on RPi

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from NasAxMan: “will your Cockpit-guide also work for RaspberryPi 3 ? ” Mostly. Cockpit works quite well on the RPi but there are a couple of modules that may not do much.

• Abandoned plugins

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from vcdwelt: “Was the Plex Plugin also given up? Or is there a chance for updates in near future? ” There is no chance for me to work on it. So, that means there is little to no chance for updates. Quote from Niemand: “what?! I don't like this piece of shitty software named "Docker".Common' guys, Plex is one of the last reasons I'm still using OMV! ” You shouldn't like the shitty plugin (yes, I wrote it) either. While I don't understand why you don't like docker, there is nothing keeping …

• Failed to create a file system

ryecoaaron - - General

You must have something Debian8 or OMV 3 in there to want php5. You don't want to see erasmus or jessie anywhere.

• Docker Issue on Install

ryecoaaron - - Docker

I was just able to install it on my rpi with apt-get purge docker-ce rm -rf /etc/docker rm -rf /var/lib/docker apt-get purge cockpit-docker docker-ce-cli omv-aptclean apt-get install docker-ce

• Quote from TechnoDadLife: “The last guide is from three years ago. I am looking for someone with more recent experience. ” The guide is really meant to help setup webvirtmgr. kvm without it works just fine on OMV without a guide. If you don't want to use cockpit and/or the command line, I would look at the guides on setting up webvirtmgr in a docker instead of the mess that it is setting it up on OMV itself.