Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 24.

• Docker, Deluge, no HDD Spindown on HC2

OMV_HC2 - - Plugins

Afternoon All. I've been enjoying my Odroid HC2 setup with OMV4. After some disk issues (was using ntfs - bad move, now reformatted to ext4) things are running quite smoothly. I am experiencing one thing which I would like to solve though. The Odroid HC2 is running Docker and the lsioarmhf/deluge container. When this container is running, even if there is nothing downloading or seeding, the HDD doesn't spin down. That would be completely expected if Deluge was active, but I don't understand why …

• And in what is hopefully the last report in this thread, speed 17 hours later is as follows. Read = 100 MB/s Write = 92 MB/s That is with some other network activity taking place - 1 kid streaming from the disk, another from YouTube. Now on to solve my next issue for a which a new thread will be started... Thanks again for the help.

• Thanks for the tip on resetting the permissions. In the end the Samba wasn't picking up the shared folders. When I went back in, the disk hadn't been remounted. After mounting it manually, the shares still weren't connecting. I had to remap each one (by simply reselecting the Drive) which had now changed because I gave it a new Disk label. Once I had done that, everything was working again. So then the testing! Same hardware (HC2) with same 10TB HGST Disk but now formatted as ext4 yielded the fo…

• OK, was able to update my backups and reformat the drive. It is now ext4 formatted. I am currently in the process of restoring all the files. It takes a long time to populate 8TB of data, even at speeds of 90MB/s - 175MB/s! I'm using a linux live USB stick to do it from my Windows gaming PC since that has a 4TB Sata backup drive in it. Process should be complete this evening, or through the night. Has been running since last night. Anyway, I had to run Nemo with elevated privileges in order to c…

• Quote from JohnStiles: “But what exactly is the problem at the end? Locally, you have too low transfers or are they low on the network? ” The original issue was my surprise at both of these things. I was expecting 85-100 MB/s network transfer speeds and had read many reports that HC2's were providing such speeds. I was mostly getting 40-75 MB/s with occasional bursts into the 80 MB/s range on read, and 18-23 MB/s for writes. All sequential, single large files. Coming from a dedicated Linux serve…

• Quote from Adoby: “Write speeds.My last measurement was SSD read+network transfer+HDD write. 95 MiB/s. Drive size has a minor influence. Often a HDD gets slower when it gets full. My IronWolf 12TB above was 71% full. Good news: It seems SMB has a minor effect on the low performance you reported, Bad news: It seem NTFS has a huge negative effect. ” Yeah, the drives can get full quickly. I'm at 79% with the 10TB. I might have to figure something out with a couple of external 5TB drives then I coul…

• Are those read or write speeds? And what speeds do you get across the network? I used BTRFS on a Synology at work when I was abroad - loved it. Didn't know the HC2 could play nice with it. I guess there isn't too much overhead. Does drive size play a part in the overall speeds?

• OK, good to know in more detail what is going on. Thanks for that. I wanted to know the read speed of the drive, so I looked for some sample code online. I cleared the cache with sudo /sbin/sysctl -w vm.drop_caches=3 Then ran dd if=/sharedfolders/Transfers/testfile.dd of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1024 That resulted in : 1024+0 records in 1024+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 6.99122 s, 154 MB/s Does that mean the HC2 can read at 154 MB/s from the disk, but only write at 23? I…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “What kind of speeds do you get when you: dd if=/dev/zero of=/path/to/ntfs/filesystem/somewhere/testfile.dd bs=1M count=5000 conv=fdatasync status=progress && sync ” 1563426816 bytes (1.6 GB, 1.5 GiB) copied, 66.0285 s, 23.7 MB/s 1508+0 records in 1508+0 records out 1581252608 bytes (1.6 GB, 1.5 GiB) copied, 66.7813 s, 23.7 MB/s What is that telling me? The native write speed to the drive?

• Yes, using ntfs at the moment. Unfortunately I don't have another 10TB drive, or I would give the ext4 a shot and see how it does. Having just moved Country I also don't have any spare drives around that I can reformat as ext4 and test speeds with, Just couldn't bring all the computer gear with me I'm sure people are generally getting higher than 23 MB/s write on ntfs with SMB on the HC2 though. Just tested my speeds again. Today read speed is fluctuating from only 23 MB/s up when Deluge was act…

• Quote from Adoby: “I've updated the SATA on my HC2s. Worth a try? (I've also set spindown to 30 minutes.) wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/software/jms578_fw_update Also I had bad problems with my HDD (dropped them and wouldn't mount) if I changed any settings for Physical Disk Properties. It seems my drives are incompatible with hdparm. Try to disable any HDD tweaks. (Disk->Edit) ” Hmm, I might need to do this. Always good to be running latest firmware anyway. Last night when I went to bed the HDD ha…

• Quote from OMV_HC2: “Did you do any tweaks to increase network performance on your HC2s? I'm getting read speeds across the gigabit network of 50MB/s and write of only around 20MB/s to my shares. On occasions I've seen it go up to 80MB/s on the read side (eg after first install). ” Have just done some more performance testing and am seeing some erratic results. When reading from the drive, the transfer speed is going up and down like crazy. Sometimes as low as 11MB/s, sometimes as high as 87MB/s…

• Quote from Adoby: “Try to create a main share, only for you, that includes all sub folders. Use that share to move stuff around. And create other shares that only include individual sub folders, with limited rights, perhaps for specific clients/users. ( I haven't tried it and I'm not at home, but I assume that OMV allows this.) ” OK, I'll give this a shot later. I didn't think I'd be able to limit sub folders to specific users within a shared folder. If I could, that would be great. Did you do a…

• Quote from Adoby: “You have to move files within the same filesystem in order to get "instant" transfers. It is not enough that it is partitions on the same drive or even that it is the same partition, unless you also use the partition from the same mount point. ” This is the way I have it, and why I can't understand it being slow. One 10Tb disk with 8 folders(some with a couple of sub-directories). In example below I am logged in via SSH and running MC. Drive : Downloads |-Sub folder 1 |-Sub su…

• Thanks. Unfortunately the Cloud Commander referenced above doesn't work on the HC arm-based processor. I did find a Pi version which 'sort of' worked, but also would crash. So I quit using it and uninstalled it. If you know of a specific one for Arm / Odroid then please do let me know. Wetty looks like a replacement for Shellinabox. That might be handy since Shellinabox fails to install correctly on my HC2. But again I'd need to find an Arm version of it for the Docker. Using MC, what sort of sp…

• Hi fellow OMVers. I seem to be having problems moving files from one location on disk to another without going through a local machine. I'm primarily using a linux laptop and have tried SFTP (through Nemo) and FileZilla. I've also used the command line through bash, and Midnight Commander. Basically it seems that no Cut / paste type operations (moving a file from one location to another) are happening instantly like on my previous Linux Server. Using MC I am seeing move speeds of 18-24MB/s. This…

• HC2 OpenVPN Client & Deluge

OMV_HC2 - - My NAS Build

Yep, done! An important step. Back to Deluge, for the encryption, what settings do you employ? Right now I have it set to Forced, and Full Stream, along with the SOCKS5 of course. Are those the best settings? Following a download, when using a Linux laptop to move files from one shared folder to another, everything was passing through the local machine via wifi, which made for a very slow transfer. I like to manually move files to their allocated share rather than do it automatically. Is there a…

OMV_HC2 - - My NAS Build

After adding the username:pass:10 line to the auth file, I can now access Deluge from other computers in Thin Client mode. Great! Now I'm just concerned about why my username / password was coming up as invalid, and if I can add some other privileges to my ssh user in case the same thing happens again... But for now Deluge is working. I'll set up and test the Socks5 proxy next.

OMV_HC2 - - My NAS Build

And after 15 minutes of trying, my normal password is now letting me log in! What's that all about?

OMV_HC2 - - My NAS Build

Quote from gderf: “Using the thin client "doesn't just work." The ability to use it is disabled by default. You have to explicitly enable it via the web interface running on the default port 8112. Once connected to the web interface see Preferences | Daemon | Enable Remote Connections and put a check in that box. ” Yes, I'd already enabled it there. It seems I may need to add a username / password to the auth file in /config. The issue I'm having right now is that I am unable to log in via the w…