Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• IPV4 Address

KM0201 - - Network

If you gave some form of internet access... apt-get install net-tools will install the tools for ifconfig to work.

• Windows can access a share, Ubunto can't

KM0201 - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from andre_x: “Quote from tkaiser: “Have you already tried -o username=desktop? ” Yes, no luck Quote from KM0201: “Are you using a Desktop on 16.04, or is this a server? If you have a Desktop, just open a file browser (Nautilus, Thunar, caja.. whatever) and type the path smb://your_nas_IP You should see your smb shares there, and simply need to enter your nas username/password when prompted. Assuming you have a desktop, I've never had to do all that to use an SMB share. ” I've tried with N…

• Ignore existing files..

KM0201 - - RSync

Quote from macom: “Quote from flyinjoe13: “So if I understand you correctly, I don't have to worry about adding that extra option. ” AFAIK it is important to enable the archive option. Part of it is to preserve modification times. If not set you might end up rsyncing all files all the time. ” I'm not in front of my NAS at the moment, but I've used rsync a lot, and if that's required, then it is enabled by default.. because I've honestly never changed a single setting on my rsync jobs from the de…

• Quote from Peter.Weyland: “Quote from KM0201: “Since you seem a bit more contrite now, if you're truly having an issue because the kernel image on OMV the OMV ISO, you can download the current mini ISO for Debian Stretch, do a minimal install, and then install OMV on top of it. The official Debian ISO's are updated frequently. For instance, the current Netinst image, which you'd want to use.. was published on 2/16/19, the current OMV ISO was pushed out in March of '18. Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (…

• Since you seem a bit more contrite now, if you're truly having an issue because the kernel image on OMV the OMV ISO, you can download the current mini ISO for Debian Stretch, do a minimal install, and then install OMV on top of it. The official Debian ISO's are updated frequently. For instance, the current Netinst image, which you'd want to use.. was published on 2/16/19, the current OMV ISO was pushed out in March of '18. Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)

KM0201 - - RSync

Quote from flyinjoe13: “I am using the Rsync option from the left side menu tree. I don't know if that's a plugin or not. It was always there from the time I installed OMV I think. So if I understand you correctly, I don't have to worry about adding that extra option. Just wanted to make sure of that. Thanks for the info.I am using the Rsync option from the left side menu tree. I don't know if that's a plugin or not. It was always there from the time I installed OMV I think. ” Correct.

KM0201 - - RSync

Quote from flyinjoe13: “I am rsync'ing my Movie directory to a backup OMV server. Everything is going fine but taking forever because of the large amount of data being sync'd. For the next time, I only want to sync what is new not the entire directory again. To do this do I add the '--ignore-existing' option in the Extra Options box? I am pretty sure that's what I have to do but want to make sure so that I don't screw something up on either the server or the backup server by using a wrong comman…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Peter.Weyland: “I'm guessing the dogged insistence on basing off Debian means OMV hardware support lags far behind the other mainstream distro's? ” The ISO uses the 4.9 kernel which I guess a bit behind others BUT as soon as you update after installation, you should get the 4.19 backports kernel which is ahead of most of the others.Quote from Peter.Weyland: “I tried inserting "--nomodeset" into the kernel parameters without success. ” Did you try fb=false or ra…

• Samba refuses to start on OMV4

KM0201 - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from cschalk: “Ok, this appears to be a bug and should be logged and fixed against OMV4. I've installed OMV3 and was able to configure LDAP and SMB access just fine. ” Unless there is a problem in the way the LDAP or SMB plug-ins are interacting with each other, it doesn't appear to be an OMV issue. If it's LDAP and SMB related.. it's not an OMV bug. It's either a bug w/ one (or both) of those packages, or it's a Debian 9 bug. Neither of which Volker is going to fix. If you disable the LDA…

• A lot of questions about OMV

KM0201 - - General

Quote from flyinjoe13: “Go to Youtube and look up and follow all of Techno Dad's OMV videos. They are an invaluable resource. Be patient and follow each video step by step. He has ones that cover all sorts of things from initial install and setup to installing dockers and other plugins. I think even has one for installing in a VM. Like you, I am new to all of this stuff and with his videos and the help of the people here for things not covered in the videos, i've got a nice home server going now…

KM0201 - - General

Quote from Laui: “I installed the omv-extra, choose docker ce repo, update it, and under plugins i try to install Docker, but there is an error (can't copy and paste it): forum.openmediavault.org/index…0a4bacb75acc9a8a9034b0ec8 and this with raspberry pi forum.openmediavault.org/index…0a4bacb75acc9a8a9034b0ec8 ” In addition to what the others said.. ditch dealing with that Pi... There's been so many threads on problems with the Pi's this last few weeks there's no way I'd put OMV on one.

KM0201 - - General

Quote from Laui: “ok, no ownCloud Plugin anymore? ” Owncloud has been gone for a while.. caused way to many problems... You have 2 options: 1. Setup Nextcloud in Docker (there's a great video on Youtube on how to do this) 2. Setup Owncloud in Docker (haven't seen instructions on this, but I know Owncloud has a docker)

KM0201 - - General

Quote from Laui: “k thanks km201, it works now ” Don't forget you'll need to create a storage drive for OMV as well, since you can't share the OS drive.

KM0201 - - General

You were on the right track with virtual machine Shut down the omv virtual machine. From the main virtual box screen, click your omv machine and click settings. Click on networking You should see your adapter that is "connected" there... Changes that from "Nat" to "Bridged".. this will.make the virtual machine call for it's own IP from your router. You may have to experiment with the devices there.. but one of them should work. If you don't get an IP when you boot. Log with username root, and th…

• Thats possible, if you can get in the bios.. you should be able to find the motherboard make/model in there... Then Google for the manual.

• It's possible... usually when this happens though, you'll get some beep codes... are you getting those? (probably irrelevant if you are since you don't have the manual, but it would mean most likely the machine is halting on error). What I would do... put the old processor back in, hook up a display, and go through the BIOS and see if you can disable an option to halt on error, or something to that effect. If you can, disable it, shut down, and put the new processor back in and see if it works. …

• It shouldn't need a graphics processor... I suspect the BIOS might be halting due to a no video error (usually there is a setting in the bios where you can choose not to halt on error). Assuming you have an internal speaker on the machine, are you getting any beep codes? Do you have an old graphics card you can temporarily toss in it?

• What am I missing here...

KM0201 - - General

Quote from flyinjoe13: “I certainly don't plan to change anything based on those videos and I trust what my own experiments showed me, but I just didn't understand why they were saying what they were saying and thought maybe I didn't understand the whole concept of transcoding a video. My understanding was it was when plex has to convert say an .mkv file to another format for streaming. I wasn't seeing any problem with doing it on my old equipment so I thought maybe my thinking was wrong. It's a…

• What am I missing here...

KM0201 - - General

You're missing the fact they have more money than sense. I don't do a lot of transcoding, but I would probably consider an i3 to be minimum. My Celeron can pull it off, although it will stutter a bit at times and the CPU goes to 75-80ish. I think you need to trust your own testing (ie, an i5 is fine) rather than what some gear geek on Youtube is saying. That's just my purely uneducated opinion, as I don't have to transcode.

• Wish I had an answer for most of the problems being reported, but this one is easy... Enable SSH and use an actual Windows SSH client rather than Shellinabox (Putty, Powershell, etc.).. My first answer probably would have been Wetty, but it seems nobody can get Docker working on the 3B this week either..