Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Example of OMV's firewall

gderf - - General

OMV is Debian Linux under the hood, and many Debian applications can be used with it. You are not strictly limited to using only what OMV provides. Have you researched any of the available firewall GUI applications for Debian to see if they meet your needs?

• ssd drive help

gderf - - General

Quote from HackitZ: “So i did copy from shellinabox, but when you do that, the formating (spacing) is fixed.the reason for taking a picture was to show how nano is displaying the text. so one of my tries was to fix all the extra spacing in nano. it did not work. As for what i added, UUID=7db5d975-3ca4-4e86-81bc-ae100d566723 / ext4 noatime,nodiratime, errors=remount-ro 0 1 #UUID=7fe45950-2f76-40a6-885f-2a55ed7a0bd0 none swap sw 0 0 i have only added the lines as per the guide, i do understand tha…

• Missing space on boot drive...

gderf - - General

I don't have an answer for you about putting it on a RAID1. I don't use RAID here.

gderf - - General

Changing the location of the Docker base path does not copy the data from the old path to the new path. You have to do that yourself. Once done and you have verified everything works you can delete the data from the old path.

gderf - - General

My Plex database was over 250GB before I made the decision to stop generating (and dispose of existing) video preview thumbnails.

gderf - - General

How large is /var/lib/plexmediaserver ? You do not want that on the rootfs as it can grow to be quote large.

• snapraid + adding new drive

gderf - - General

UnionFS, which on OMV 4 is actually mergerfs, will also not in and of itself delete data. So, just add the disk in via the UnionFS plugin..

• snapraid + adding new drive

gderf - - General

Just use the plugin to add the new disk. SnapRaid can never delete data from a data disk.

• ssd drive help

gderf - - General

You'll need to do better than this. Learn how to copy text from the shell and paste it into a forum post. And where are the edits for the flashmemory plugin?

• ssd drive help

gderf - - General

I asked, and so did at least one other for the OP to post his fstab with the edits made. Never happened.

• ssd drive help

gderf - - General

This thread is going nowhere. OP seems to expect that saying something doesn't work without answering any questions or providing any details will suddenly cause mindreaders to join the forum.

• ssd drive help

gderf - - General

So you think not specifying noatime and nodiratime and not disabling swap are good ideas?

• ssd drive help

gderf - - General

The remount command I suggested works. I have used it many times myself when something went wrong somewhere and my rootfs wound up being remounted RO, and none of those occasions had anything to do with editing fstab incorrectly.

• ssd drive help

gderf - - General

Quote from KM0201: “No, he didn't say specifically he made the root partition read only, but when he said, "I made the 2 adjustments per the instructions"... I could only logically assume that he was installing the flashmemory plugin. ” What do you think might happen when you have an fstab option like this, as specified in the flashmemory plugin instructions and you introduce an error in the edit? errors=remount-ro

• ssd drive help

gderf - - General

How can anyone suggest what you may have done wrong if you won't show what you did? The edits to fstab are required.

• ssd drive help

gderf - - General

The OP never said he made the rootfs RO. He said it would up being mounted RO after a reboot but not how it became that way. If the rootfs winds up being mounted RO, then you can forcibly remount it RW from the command line: mount -o rw,remount / Then you can edit and save changes to fstab. I would also force a fsck on the next reboot: touch /forcefsck

• ssd drive help

gderf - - General

Quote from KM0201: “You made the fstab entry incorrectly then, and have made the root partition read only. I'm not 100% sure, but with the root partition now being read only... you may have to reinstall. ” Many times a tiny form or format edit error in fstab will lead to a filesystem being mounted read only. Fixing this would not require a reinstall.

• ssd drive help

gderf - - General

Post your original fstab and the edits you made to it.

• performance statistics missing

gderf - - General

The collectd problem is not resolved on OMV until a new package is made available upstream by Debian.

• PSA for those using Docker and Emby

gderf - - General

Thanks for the link. I didn't see anything that positively identifies the problem though.