Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 255.

• CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed

garyi - - General

OK i uninstalled roon server which seemed to be a bit greedy so the errors have stopped however I still cannot open the web gui.

garyi - - General

I logged in via root and did sudo apt-get update and got this error: Error writing to output file - write (28: No space left on device) Error writing to file - write (28: No space left on device) Which could be an indicator I had the VM for the OMV set to 15gigs, is that too small? I shut it down and upped that to 25gig but am not sure of OMV can then see that because the issue persists.

garyi - - General

Hello I cannot get to the gui of my OMV install it says this instead: Source Code (7 lines) On the connected screen of the OMV it says CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13 CIFS VFS: error connecting to socket. Aborting operation It repeats this over and other I can access the shares just fine on Cifs, but I cannot load the GUI Can anyone offer a suggestion? This is all running in a VM as well. Cheers

• I find docker extremely hard to understand. Plex has a plug in for OMV as well in the OMV extras repo.

• What I am doing is getting the data off the drive now. I would be happy after ward to put back in the V4 OMV and generate logs if you tell me how to, I can generate them from V3 as well.

• Looking around OMV forum i saw a thread about file systems dissapearing from OMV v4. Or at least thats how I interpreted it. So I download OMV3 and installed that, inserted the disks and booted and boom there is my filesystem Phew. I am not clever enough to understand what went wrong, I used the same connections and hardware, long and short is OMV3 saw it. OMV4 did not.

• Thanks for the links. I will check them out and pray.

• The other day I decided I needed a twin nic (not in use) for other duties that was in this OMV. I turned it off and removed the nics then when I turned it back on there was no network. So I shut it down and came back to it yesterday where by I had to check what interfaces there were then adjust in interfaces file to reflect, it then got network fine but only the two file systems workbackup and media. I am not sure though if this was when the other dissapeared as I have been 'meaning to get round…

• No not at all, I understand this distroys everything. When I moved system everything showed up under disks, raid and filesystem it was just a case of mounting the file system

• I also notice that for some it says primaryserver and for others it says optimusprime. I think this is because I moved these disks to a new OMV with name change, some time ago. With no issues at the time,

• Hi yes in retrospect Raid 0 is dangerous, not even sure of the long lost reasons I did it. The other two raids are the same, but backed up elsewhere Here is BLIKD Source Code (11 lines)I am not an expert but its like the XFS for the photos raid never existed, but it does honest!

• I tried moving the drives to a new install of OMV in a different pc this has not helped. Here are screen shots, as you can see smart is ok, disks are there as is raid, in the filesystem tab there should be a photos filesystem. If I goto add filesystem the photos raid is available, I did not create a new file system Screenshot_2018_09_11_at_06_46_57.png Screenshot_2018_09_11_at_06_46_49.png Screenshot_2018_09_11_at_06_46_41.png Screenshot_2018_09_11_at_06_46_16.pngSorry I am trying to add images …

• Hello Something has gone wrong for me this evening, and its really important data. I understand the importance of having data in two place but I was in the process this last week of swapping stuff around so was due to copy my photos back to the main pc. Well any how. I have a riad set up two disks in raid zero. I had an issue with OMV where the network was not detected I dont think this is related but I managed to get back on ok. I have three raids set up, media, photos and work, the photos raid…

• Failed to execute - on one file system

garyi - - General

Any thoughts on this? I was thinking maybe create a new OMV on a spare pc and move these two drives too it, does anything in that text indicate hardware or software? Sorry its alien to me!

garyi - - General

Sorry forgot to say, once this happens the raid is not available via SAMAB etc, its basically gone until a restart

garyi - - General

Hello. Sorry I dont know how to describe the issue. I have two drives set up as raid zero. I have been having issues with this raid, I have four in total the other 3 are fine. According to smart the drives are 100% all green. Yet if I try and copy data from them, it is crashing out every time, goes for a while then windows says 'interupted action' and the copy has failed. Back in the gui of OMV, I can see the raid is there but if I try and go into files systems I get this: Source Code (14 lines)…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from garyi: “tkasier are you saying restart the server? ” I tried to explain the problem and why LACP won't work when it's about to 'double the link speed'. To no avail obviously. ” Obviously. I am not entirely sure why you are being shirty with me, if it helps this is all just a learning experience for me, I am not an expert or even a capable novice, sorry if I am not up to your standard. It can come over as aloof, you know like linux people are constantly criticised …

• Yes I went with 802 I have unplugged the bonding cables for now as the server is not using them with the single cable on the other nic so not sure if the output says anything Source Code (55 lines)tkasier are you saying restart the server? To be honest I have not tried that lol.

• I am not sure I understand? The server gets hit pretty hard for much of the day I was aiming to double the link speed. Whilst I appriciate this does not double things it seems to help for aggregation on a pair of switches I have where by with one link the throughput seems to go up and down and with bonded that throughput flatlines at peek rate with no peeks and troughs Was hoping for the same with OMV.

• Hi. I just went into network and created new>bond Here are the outputs Source Code (48 lines)