Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 44.

• Hey, I'm using the openvpn plugin (not AS) and connecting from a remote location. I can connect just fine from the remote, and I have access to my local network through openvpn, but when my remote computer is connected to the VPN, it can not access the internet anymore (from the remote computer, the OMV server still has internet). As soon as I disconnect, the internet is back on the remote. I have no idea what I'm missing. I have default everything on the settings, I've messed w/ adding DNS entr…

• sparklyballs mythtv docker

that0n3guy - - Plugins

I've sorta stopped using the docker-plugin for OMV and use Rancher instead (rancher.com/). Its what I use at work and I have extra ram to spare :). I thought I would share the docker compose yaml file I just tested: Source Code (34 lines)

that0n3guy - - Plugins

I just tested out sparkyballs mythtv server... got it working first try: imgur.com/NkeDrHs I will note, vnc would work, but wouldn't work with myth-setup. Windows RDP worked just fine though. I setup my hdhomerun card and storage group in minutes. After setting up the backend, I just had to reboot the docker. Then it would work w/ my frontends and mythweb.

that0n3guy - - Plugins

I'm interested. Also, what kind of issues? On startup of the container?

that0n3guy - - Plugins

My mythtv install is inside virtualbox in OMV and I would love to move it to docker. I will be messing with this in the next couple weeks (probably over christmas vacation) so I'll keep you updated. I use docker at work all the time so I am coming to know it pretty well. If this docker image works on unraid, I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't work on OMV.

that0n3guy - - Plugins

I was just looking at this. I saw a comment in his support thread that network needs to be on bridge.... did you try that?

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

that0n3guy - - Plugins

Know what would instantly give you 100's of pre-configured apps for this? If you supported unraids docker repositories :evil:. Example: lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37958.0 Basically a "repository" is just a bunch of xml files. Each XML file has the config (volumes, ports, env vars, etc...) for a docker container. If OMV supported unraid repo's, it would be very easy for newbies to get started :). See the "Adding Template repositories" section here: lime-technology.com/docker-guide/…

• Quote from Gilhin: “If you only need to have acces to the files in your home network, I'd simply suggest to work on the network shares.” True, but depending on the file types (and size) sometimes its easier/faster to have a sync.

• bittorrent sync (btsync) rocks. Owncloud can also do something like this.... but I think it sucks :).

• docker utilization for plugins

that0n3guy - - Plugins

Your right, It doesn't talk much about that. They have a lot of docs on it though. Also, digital ocean seems to have lots of articles on it. Here is a quick read: digitalocean.com/community/tut…tomate-building-of-images. I usually just base my dockerfiles/scripts off someone else's work :)... isn't that what opensource stuff is all about, ha. I just tweak them a very little bit.

that0n3guy - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I tried the tryit demo on the docker site. Very basic. Made sense but didn't give me a lot of information like space usage or how to create the config file.” By "config file" do you mean a dockerfile? See some of the examples: (mongodb example: docs.docker.com/examples/mongodb/)

that0n3guy - - Plugins

Quote from Tyberious Funk: “ I would think that you would use shared folders as a means of mapping to container volumes. I don't know if it would be such a good idea to use shared folders for actually storing containers. ” I sort of agree. I've set my OMV root partition large enough that I can do a lot in there, but a lot of people may not have done that. That would mean you need to move the docker images somplace.... so to data drive someplace. Moving it is pretty easy: peterjolson.com/moving-d…

that0n3guy - - Plugins

The UI is essentially just building a docker command. See: screencast.com/t/KOS7LQDhwY ... Also: seandion.info/unraid/unraid-dockers/ Simpler example: - template: github.com/gfjardim/docker-con…tes/gfjardim/ownCloud.xml - hub image: registry.hub.docker.com/u/gfjardim/owncloud/ Note: The image doesn't show this very well... but we need the ability to add multiple "paths" ,"ports", environtment variables. Also, another UI out there (more complicated)... with demo: github.com/13W/docker-cp

that0n3guy - - Plugins

For an interface, I could see OMV doing something very similar to unraid: i.imgur.com/TcpT6v2.png Instead of "host path", be able to select a shared folder and be able to set a folder inside the shared folder. EDIT: oh... also, we could/should support unraids "templates": github.com/gfjardim/docker-containers/tree/templates (from: lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33965.0 ... see template repo section).

that0n3guy - - Plugins

Here is my nginx-phpfpm dokku dockerfile: - https://github.com/that0n3guy/docker/tree/master/baseimage-nginx-phpfpm ​Its meant to be used as a base for a dokku app, so it doesn't have an app in it. Basically, you could create a simple dockerfile that references the above docker image. You new dockerfile essentially just adds your app to `/app` and the app will be exposed via port 80. The above uses scripts for setting up phpfpm and nginx. Basically start by readying the dockerfile. It runs scrip…

that0n3guy - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “That tells me docker would be good for a media encoding app (handbrake for instance) or file sharing. Probably not so good for web server or media server since you don't want to create the database every time. Am I on the right track?” Nope... :). Docker works great for web servers. You just store your databases on the host (or in a data container) and store your database config for the webapp on the host (or in git... or in environment variables). Usually you use 1 conta…

that0n3guy - - Plugins

One more tip. Learn to use: github.com/phusion/baseimage-docker for base images. There are tons of reasons why, but mainly b/c its easier :P. There are mainly 2 schools of thought when it comes to docker containers:1. each container should only run 1 process 2. you can run as many processes as you want in a container. I would go with #2. It makes things easier and I'm not a giant corporation w/ lots of resources, so being a purist (#1) takes too long.​ phusion/baseimage allows you to do #2 easil…

that0n3guy - - Plugins

Oh, another thing. All the "unraid specific" docker apps that are being made out there would be fully functionally in OMV... so these apps don't really need to be "recreated". Just use an existing docker :).

that0n3guy - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from that0n3guy: “ Docker makes updateing apps (sonarr/sickbeard, sab, plex, etc...) sooo easy and worry free. With a docker interface for OMV, many of the omv plugins (that need updating all the time) will no longer be needed.” Can you explain these two comments more?” Something Tyberious Funk didn't mention that is a HUGE advantage to using docker is that a "dockerfile" is essentially server/application documentation. When you make a server change, you make the ch…

that0n3guy - - Plugins

I used to run xenserver for my home server. I could have mythtv, omv, windows server, etc... It was nice from a standpoint that it was easy to whip up a test server.... but its really a pain from a storage standpoint since xenserver has all sorts of limitations for drive passthrough. Now with docker, I can do almost everything I was doing in xenserver, but with smaller, faster containers. The whole methodology is different, but better since all my changes to the containers are documented and it …