Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 236.

• backup plugin

richprim - - General

Yes I did not see the RPi info, thanks I will try your suggestion.

• backup plugin

richprim - - General

I installed the backup plugin that's supposed to make a copy of the sd card (raspberrypi). I expected a img or a compressed single file. I got a number of files. My question is how to rebuild you sd card from those files.

• connection from pclinux

richprim - - General

I have found out that if I connect via the ssh option i can get to my shares. Rich Prim

• connection from pclinux

richprim - - General

Having trouble connection from a pclinux computer. I see the shares but it will not accept the password when trying to connect to the share? Rich Prim

• is plex working in omv4?

richprim - - General

Ok about Docker, never used it so this should be a new experience Rich Prim

• is plex working in omv4?

richprim - - General

I am wondering if Plex is now working in OMV4? Last time I tried it, it created other problems. Rich Prim

• Recovering from a drive failure

richprim - - General

I built a file server for my church with 2ea, 2tb drives, one for the main storage and one for Rsync. There doesn't seem to be a easy way to rebuild a main storage drive from the Rsync drive. Suggestions have been given to us midnight commander etc, this way still has its complications. I believe I have found a simple way to do it if you are using one of the arm boards like the rock64 etc. I simply took a second SD card and loaded armbian Armbian Debian Stretch Desktop One of the features of thi…

• installing mc on openmediavault

richprim - - General

This is the full terminal print out ch@rich-KC787AAR-ABA-d4996t:~$ sudo ssh root@192.168.1.94 [sudo] password for rich: root@192.168.1.94's password: Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.46 experimental Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.14.69-v7+ System load: 0.31 0.31 0.13 Up time: 9 days Memory usage: 8 % of 976MB Swap usage: 1 % of 488Mb IP: 192.168.1.94 CPU temp: 39°C Usage of /: 18% of 7.2G storage/: 24% of 917G Raspberry Pi is a slow NAS: forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/19871 [ 0 security updates a…

richprim - - General

This is the full terminal print out ch@rich-KC787AAR-ABA-d4996t:~$ sudo ssh root@192.168.1.94 [sudo] password for rich: root@192.168.1.94's password: ____ _ ____ _ ____ | _ \ __ _ ___ _ __ | |__ ___ _ __ _ __ _ _| _ \(_) |___ \ | |_) / _` / __| '_ \| '_ \ / _ \ '__| '__| | | | |_) | | __) | | _ < (_| \__ \ |_) | |_) | __/ | | | | |_| | __/| | / __/ |_| \_\__,_|___/ .__/|_.__/ \___|_| |_| \__, |_| |_| |_____| |_| |___/ Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.46 experimental Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.14.69-v7+ …

richprim - - General

This is what I get. Rich root@raspberrypi:~# apt-get install mc Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Package mc is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source E: Package 'mc' has no installation candidate

richprim - - General

Is there a way to install midnight commander on OMV. I would like to be able to move files between drives in case of a hard drive failure. Rich

• lost root password

richprim - - General

I am using the Raspberrypi version 4 Rich

• lost root password

richprim - - General

Quote from Mr.Grape: “$6$i5Mz8m1/$dj.LPgZmri1I1PXyWzOhgb3pmqJEM4maE0iqXygYIKdKzGTv3l2JeZEDpGBWVh8R7lLvlXCDJrGgCjMhwlLNM1 ” should this have root: in front of this like of code?

• lost root password

richprim - - General

how to recover the root password Rich Prim

• more then one DNS in a static setup

richprim - - General

Thank you. Rich Prim

• more then one DNS in a static setup

richprim - - General

It was suggested to have more then one DNS in the Static setup for the network. I tried 192.168.1.1<;>1.1.1.1 but the box stays red indication it isn't right. What is the correct way to have 2 DNS addresses in the Static Network setup? Rich Prim

• Networki setup

richprim - - General

Thanks so much Rich Prim

• Networki setup

richprim - - General

You are talking about keeping the "Search domain names field empty? Rich

• Networki setup

richprim - - General

Question about setting up a static network connection. "Under Advanced" DNS server , I normally put in the Router's address IE 192.168.1.1 Under "Search domain's when resolving host names, should this also be my Router's address or is something else better? Rich Prim

• I used a monitor and keyboard on the server and using omv-firstaid switched back to dhcp for Ethernet., updates are now working. Then after that i started omv-firstaid and put my 192.168.1.94 back in and all seems to be working properly now. In /etc/apt/sources.list I had 3 of the same lines of code, took out 2 of them and now don't get the warning of multiple instances of the same function Thanks so much for the help. Rich Prim