Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Hdd -> omv -> smb -> Apple tv 4k ?

WastlJ - - Off-Topic

Quote from Chrisjay: “I did some more mind boiling reading on various sources that I can’t make plex on a Apple TV the main media server using plex. ” Not to question your decision - but what exactly are your thoughts about that? Why can´t be Plex the way to go?

• Hdd -> omv -> smb -> Apple tv 4k ?

WastlJ - - Off-Topic

No. Apple TV cannot mount any SMB drive. You need an App for that. For example VLC. If you still want a pretty interface, Plex is the way to go. You can set it up to just stream the content without transcoding.

• What File Share Protocol to use

WastlJ - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “I would use SMB for data shares (even if this has downsides with Mac and Linux clients) and in case you want to use OMV as a TimeMachine backup appliance use a single different share with AFP for this. ” That´s the way I currently do it. SMB for transferring files even with my Macs. AFP just for one fileshare to run all TM backups. Will try vfs_fruit in the future to fully drop AFP.

• Install bitwarden

WastlJ - - Docker

Why don´t you use docker for that? Bitwarden does support docker.

• DLNA stürzt ab

WastlJ - - General

Das ist jetzt mehr Glaskugelraten... DLNA würde ich dir für sowas nicht empfehlen. Besser sind Dienste wie Plex, die teilweise auch transcodieren (was mit deinem RPI wohl nicht möglich sein dürfte, da viel zu leistungsschwach) aber auch direkt streamen. Plex gibts sowohl für die PS4 als auch für Mobiltelefone. Je nach TV gäbe es vielleicht auch eine App dafür.

• Eigenen Post "liken"

WastlJ - - Off-Topic

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Schräger Song! Hab´ ihn mir komplett angesehen ” Hab ich schon live gesehen

• As you are having problems with a Docker Container it is absolutely fine in this section.

• OMV - What works so far and not

WastlJ - - General

Quote from dertourist48: “Autoshutdown pluing was installed. Seems like apple tv which is in standby mode will not let my server allow to shut down. At least, this is what i can see from the logs. Do I have to change any specifics options like the uldl rate (set as 50) ? ” It is most likely a problem with the ports. But just check the "Debug Mode" and go to the LOG-Files. There you can switch to the autoshutdown log and see what is the problem.

• OMV - What works so far and not

WastlJ - - General

Quote from dertourist48: “WOL - I did not figure out how to wake up the Server from an other device (atv, tv..) ” That depends. It needs a WOL Package. I just don´t think that ATV, TV or similar are sending such a package. That´s why a dedicated WOL app works.

• How to come back to a "running" shell?

WastlJ - - General

Ever heard about screen? apt-get install screen And maybe some manual like this: linuxize.com/post/how-to-use-linux-screen/

• Not really. Have a look here for example: Monitor drive spindown status? Or search the forums for "spindown check".

• Admin user ssh

WastlJ - - SSH

So just create a user with enough write rights and share a folder.

• Admin user ssh

WastlJ - - SSH

What do you want to archive? Why does it need to be "admin"?

• OMV4.x on a HC2 - First root login

WastlJ - - General

First you need to get rid of your data and have some space on your disk. I assume you have used one of those images? --> sourceforge.net/projects/openm…ngle%20Board%20Computers/ If yes, these are the passwords: Source Code (7 lines)

• *UPDATE DOCKER Pi-HOLE*

WastlJ - - Docker

I´ve added it to "Installation >> Docker" as many of the threads I found already had problems installing it. I can move it if it does not fit. I also moved some threads already to the new section.

• *UPDATE DOCKER Pi-HOLE*

WastlJ - - Docker

Quote from ryecoaaron: “akes sense to me but Volker would have to do that. I can't. ” I can (i think you can, too) Where do you want that subforum? Maybe "Installation >> Docker"?

• Quote from TechnoDadLife: “I have the Santa's Elf theme installed ” I think it is just another theme called "Make it snow"

• du kannst ja wenn alles glatt geht, hier auch mal ne positive Nachricht da lassen - damit die Fehlerthreads im Verhältnis weniger werden

• Die Datenplatten werden beim Upgrade nicht angefasst. Plugins, bei denen eine höhere Versionsnummer vorhanden ist, können im Normalfall installiert bleiben und machen keine Komplikationen. Selbst wenn - Die Daten bleiben erhalten

• Quote from Michelle_Br: “- ich weiß, dass bei den OMV-Extras ein Equivalent meiner installierten Plugins vorhanden sein muss, damit sie aktiv bleiben können - gilt das auch für exakte Versionsnummer oder nur das Plugin ansich? ” Pluginversionen sind meist bei höheren OMV-Versionen auch mit einer höheren Versionsnummer versehen. Außer, es hat sich seit dem nix geändert und es funktioniert noch. Quote from Michelle_Br: “- muss ich die OMV-Extras deaktivieren vor einem Upgrade, da ja abweichende Ve…