Search Results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

• Quote from tekkb: “In the above smb.conf the backups looks fine but the media one does not. The media share is missing a bunch of stuff. I got feeling that the smb config file does not mesh with the config.xml either. You should not just randomly delete a shared folder via the command line either. It will cause problems because the necessary changes to the config.xml will not be made. Ugh... I would resintall and wipe the drives. You will not make the same mistakes and know you know correctly ho…

• Quote from subzero79: “Check that /etc/samba/smb.conf is pointing to the correct directory for the share. Otherwise it might look like you created the folder in the other disk. Try an apply reset permissions. next to shared folders is a utility.” This is what shows on my /etc/samba/smb.conf Source Code (32 lines) So i guess is pointing correctly. I've also did the Reset Permissions on Shared Folders > Reset permissions. Selected my shared folder Backup on Shared folder. And I left Permissions as…

• Ok, I made some progress ! I deleted one of the folders from the drive via SSH to make some more space. And that allowed me to create the shared folder! Yeah! However, now I have another issue. Now that I can create the shared folder from /dev/sdc1 when I go to a Windows machine and navigate to my server path. That "Backup" folder is empty. There are no folders. As you can see if I run the command asked before there is content in the HDD: Source Code (22 lines) So I don't know how to proceed now…

• Quote from tekkb: “In the information about I do not see the Media shared folder. It looks like when you created the shared folder with the + it shared the root of the data drive labeled Media and then you applied ACL. This ACL was the problem. Do not use ACL. Use privileges. Also, here is how you should create a Media folder. Do not do it via the Samba plugin. 1) Go to Access Rights Management/Shared Folders and click on add. 2) Put in Name "Media" and press Tab. 3) Then select the volume and p…

• I hope this is what you mean. Screenshot When I tried to create that shared folder it appears there in the Access Rights management / Shared Folders. But I just deleted it because it is not working (I did this before you asked for the Screenshot). But when I get that error message the folder appears there in that window. But I cannot access from the Windows Explorer as I do with the other shared folder. Today I deleted that "Media" folder, disconnected all my drives from the machine. Restarted b…

• new4u: I don't remember if I did delete or not something from that drive. I'm sure at some point I did, if the log from "$ ls -la /media/e95b642f-7f6a-4f1e-930d-156d6dcd61b0/" is right. Seems that what I have there is pretty much a backup from my other drive. Meaning that I should have the same stuff. But I'm not sure since it has been a while that I did not use that drive. So I wanted to create a share drive to check what is in there and delete stuff I don't need anymore. But I'm getting that e…

• I don't know if this will help, but I have 2 hard drives connected to this machine. The third one is the main computer one. The other 2 are external hard drives. /dev/sda which is 4GB (it is where I have OVM installed) /dev/sdb 3 TB (This one I didn't have problem to share a folder from it). [This an external HDD] /dev/sdc 1.5 TB (This is the hard drive that is giving me problems creating a shared folder.) [This an external HDD]

• Here is the output of that command. Source Code (23 lines)

• The drive is formatted as ext4 What I'm doing to set it up is: Services > SMB/CIFS > Shares (second tab) > +Add Then a window that says "Add share" appears. There I do the following: Enable: [Checked] Share Folder: -> "I click on the (+) sign and another window open. Add shared folder: Name: -> "the name I want" Volume: -> "I select the HDD i want to share" Path: -> auto populates as: "Backup/" which is the name I have to the share folder. Permissions: -> "I don't touch anything there." Then I c…

• I just moved my computer to a different place. And when I plugged everything back and updated all the updates I had pending. I tried to create a share folder from one of my hard drives and got this error. Source Code (10 lines) I'm pretty new with all this stuff so I'm lost. I will appreciate any help! Thx! PD: I've tried to search in other threads but couldn't find anything that helped. The closest one I found is this one: Got Failed to mount '/media... Error #6000: (upgrade to 1.0 solved the o…

• You know what!? You saved my life!!!! It worked! Now that it works. Should I copy everything to another drive and change the format of my HDD? or I'll be ok with jfs? I'm doing the plugin thing right now! Thx! Thx! Thx!

• I'm running the command you gave me. Let see what happens. I'm crossing fingers. What format would you recommend for my shared network drive with OMV? Ext4 instead of jfs? I just did it with jfs because I was reading online that they are pretty stable. But... now I experienced that they aren't haha. I hope I can recover all my data. If that command does not work? what would be another suggestion to recover my data? Could I plug it to a Linux distro and read it to recover the data? I believe the …

• Yesterday the power of my house went down. And when I started the OVM server I'm running on Vmware ESXI 5.5. I'm getting this message when I try to mount my drive under 'File Systems'. Failed to mount '9cf4fb22-55c7-4eaa-94c7-a9a88aaaae59': mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so Error #6000: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to mount '9cf4fb…