Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 93.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Yes but you are getting away from the concept of docker. ” I tried adding that line to Dockerfile as my image showed, and while it didn't produce any errors during the build, cron was not running when the container started. This was the same result when I earlier tried adding the line "&& service cron restart \" to the Dockerfile. At this point I think I'll try and muddle my way through creating a cron docker from the example you posted. And thank you for trying to help, …

• I must be confused about how containers interact with one another.... pardon some rambling with my observations this morning. First, my container is named "webserver" and contains the items/programs in that topic I linked in my first post. 1) If I use /usr/sbin/cron -f from the "webserver" container shell, that results in the command prompt never coming back: forum.openmediavault.org/index…9669aba06e93ce1b4bd955e0f until I use CTRL-C. However, cron is running at that point; it shows up in "top" …

• It's running a command every minute which my php software needs to maintain its database and the information within it. Source Code (1 line)(The task ID at the end of the line above is redacted for security.) And that's what I did do. Check the most-recent Dockerfile I posted in that topic. Cron is installed, but for some reason does not appear to be actually running. Or at least not running correctly. When I issue the restart command, note what it says on the first line. service cron restart [.…

• Hmm... well I have cron installed and active in the container I created, "my-php-custom:latest" and with which you greatly helped, thanks again. ( Here's a working PHP 7.x and Apache setup for Docker ) I just need some way to run this command: service cron restart at startup of that container, but see no way to do that. I can SSH into that container with "docker exec -it webserver bash" and run the command, so I know that command works. Is there no way to "automate" that within the container? If…

• Thanks for trying to help, but I entered that command within the container running PHP/Apache in Docker, and it says systemctl is not a valid command. docker exec -it webserver bash ("webserver" is my container's name, and this command gets me into the container via shell) systemctl enable crond.service bash: systemctl: command not found In that container, rc.d and rc.local don't exist, though there are /etc/rc0.d, rc1.d..... rc6.d and rcS.d folders with what appears to be init-type symlinked co…

• Can anyone answer this? I would prefer to have something auto-run after the container is started, but building it into container creation would work. It appears that using rc.local and/or rc.d isn't the way it's done in Debian.

• Whoops, already resolved, never mind.

• This is a nagging little thing I can't seem to get sorted out, but per the last post in my topic here: Here's a working PHP 7.x and Apache setup for Docker I have a PHP/Apache container in which cron in installed, but for some reason cron is not auto-starting on container startup. It works great other than this one issue. Can someone tell me how to either: 1) build the container such that cron auto-starts, or 2) at startup of the built container, pass this command to it as (or preferably 10-30 s…

• UPDATE: If you want to add cron and nano to the container build (the native php Docker image does not contain them), use the following Dockerfile, and read the notes below it; cron is a bit fussy. Source Code (23 lines) NOTE: cron cannot be installed in the first "apt-get install" block, because some of what is installed with that first run, itself needs to have "apt-get update" run again, as shown later in the file. FURTHER NOTE: For some reason I cannot get cron to auto-start after a crontab e…

• Then I'm out of ideas, unfortunately, sorry about that. You'll have to wait for an expert like Votdev or ryecoaaron to chime in on this.

• Have to ask the obvious..... have you emptied your browser cache and all cookies associated to your OMV box, and on next visit pressed Ctrl-F5 (on PC) or CMD-Shift-R (on Mac)? I've had the same thing happen, and that's what fixed it. If that doesn't do it, have you tried a different browser or computer to access it?

• One more thing to consider..... If the computer(s) you wish to protect with a UPS have power supplies with their own DSP (Digital Signal Processor, usually only found on high-end PSU's), make certain the UPS you purchase has a true sine wave output, and not a stepped output. Some power supplies with DSP's can handle a stepped wave, but most cannot, and you risk damage to them. APC UPS's come in two basic forms, those with true sine wave output (which are more expensive) and those with stepped ou…

• That worked perfectly, thank you again! I'll put the final iteration of the build below for anyone interested. For anyone reading this at a later date, here is the Dockerfile for installing Apache/PHP 7.3.2 with Exif, gd, mysqli, the Zip PHP extension, and mod_rewrite. It also has post_max_size set to 257 MB, upload_max_filesize set to 256 MB, and a PHP memory_limit of 512 MB, as well as disabling a number of functions that are recommended to be disabled (for my software anyway) and display_erro…

• Not sure what you mean by "create settings files in /usr/local/etc/php/conf.d/." Using SSH, I see there is a /usr/local/etc/ folder but nothing in it. So I created /usr/local/etc/php/ and /usr/local/etc/php/conf.d/ then did a Run Cmd twice in the container with: echo "upload_max_filesize = 128M" > /usr/local/etc/php/conf.d/maxsizes.ini followed by echo "post_max_size = 129M" >> /usr/local/etc/php/conf.d/maxsizes.ini and that file was created with the two lines. Source Code (9 lines)But phpinfo i…

• That worked perfectly. And it's a bit odd, because I had that exact contents, but with the "a2enmod rewrite" line after the exif line. And I did have a trailing \ as well. I'll update my post. One last question, if you know..... where is the phpi.in file located within this container? I'd like to setup some "disable_functions" and increase a few of the default parameters like post_max_size and upoad_max_filesize, but am running into a dead end. In my software, phpinfo shows a lot of directories/…

• Hmm... no, I didn't, I just ran it based on a Google search result. I'll try that right now and edit my post if it does the trick, thanks! EDIT: That failed with the error: Error response from daemon: Dockerfile parse error line 15: unknown instruction: && (or line number 12 in another attempt) Not sure why. I tried positioning it a few lines up and appending a / on the line, but it failed there as well. Here's the end of the Dockerfile with both attempts: Source Code (5 lines) Source Code (5 li…

• Thank you, that did the trick! I appreciate all the help you've given me with this. For anyone reading this at a later date........ please go to the last post of the topic for the latest Dockerfile I used. P.S. ryecoaaron was great help, without him I'd still be flailing around.

• EDIT: Google to the rescue. Here's how to enable mod_rewrite...... In the running instance of PHP, use "Run Cmd" and enter a2enmod rewrite followed by: service apache2 restart and voila. Still would like to get the zip extension installed though.

• Hmm. I spoke too soon. While everything does work now, I am being prompted: - You do not have the Zip PHP extension loaded. - You do not have the Exif PHP extension loaded. While those two extensions aren't actually required, I'd like to get them installed. (The Zip Extension allows me to use an automated version update for the software, the Exif Extension allows better image handling.) Can those be added to the existing PHP (which I built using your Dockerfile above)? Or do I have to rebuild it…

• Bingo, that did the trick and I'm up and running now. Thank you very much for the help, it's appreciated!