Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 38.

• OMV SSL certificate for Syncthing

OhMyVirtual - - Plugins

"But nevertheless one has to add another certificate exception in Firefox. This is because the exception is bound to a specific port and the webui and Syncthing ports differ. So it's no real advantage to use one certificate." Sorry, but this is utter nonsense. TLS certs don't care one bit about the port they're used through, they care about the IPv4/6 addresses or DNS entries they're trusted for. If you connect through LAN, and it expects a WAN IP, you'll get a warning from Firefox. You can solv…

• For me the "File Systems" option has disappeared entirely. Is this a kernel bug too? Gee, I wonder why I'm even still running OMV, since most, if not all, my issues involve admin and config outside of OMV. I installed and use Webmin, to handle these issues. It's quite good. It does all that OMV fails to do.

• To OMV 4 or not to OMV 4?

OhMyVirtual - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from OhMyVirtual: “Actually, debian 9 has some issues with apt. Check this out. Thus far, the past few months, I have experienced similar issues on 2 different debian servers. Mainly the upgrade from Jessie seems to be causing failures with apt on Stretch. Something with permissions of trusted.gpg and then having to re-validate keys. ” I'm sure you can always find some issue but I have yet to see this with OMV and OMV-extras (I have 10+ installs) especially since th…

OhMyVirtual - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from OhMyVirtual: “So where is the functional install script for OMV4 on an existing Debian 9.4 system? ” Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch) Quote from OhMyVirtual: “And the one I found expects me to do package management without a valid key auth, which is not a good base to start from (and usually ruins apt entirely). ” Installing the openmediavault-keyring package fixes that and not having a key does not ruin apt. It may install a package that you don't want/like …

OhMyVirtual - - General

So where is the functional install script for OMV4 on an existing Debian 9.4 system? Can't seem to find it. And the one I found expects me to do package management without a valid key auth, which is not a good base to start from (and usually ruins apt entirely). Source Code (77 lines)

• openmediavault-letsencrypt

OhMyVirtual - - Plugins

Quote from luxflow: “for RSA key length 4096, should have to change omv-letsencrypt to support it but not sure when that feature is released ” Maybe just use the renewal options to change it, or a conf include for custom user config? /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/*.conf [...] # Options used in the renewal process [renewalparams] rsa-key-size = 4096 [...] By the way, have you heard about acme.sh? It's really awesome. Use it for work all the time. Perhaps you can snag some things from it for the OMV pl…

OhMyVirtual - - Plugins

Quote from luxflow: “you can change cipher for omv web gui as you want (see here) so you just add OMV_NGINX_SITE_WEBGUI_SSL_CIPHERS="EECDH+AESGCM:EDH+AESGCM:AES256+EECDH:AES256+EDH" in /etc/default/openmediavault not to use DH keys ” It's not about not using DH, it's about using the right ones. See a favored nginx A+ ssllabs rated config here. OMV_NGINX_SITE_WEBGUI_SSL_CIPHERS="ECDHE-ECDSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-RSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECD…

OhMyVirtual - - Plugins

2 things relating to the plugin on OMV; - Qualys TLS check rightfully rates the cert with a B ("This server supports weak Diffie-Hellman (DH) key exchange parameters. Grade capped to B.") - The server Key is only 2048 bit, while I'd prefer RSA 4096 bits (e 65537), like, for example, on this test. Sure, I can change nginx config manually, but it gets overwritten at every OMV update, so that's a bad idea.. hence the reason I mention this here. Thanks in advance for improvements on this TLS impleme…

• Syncthing

OhMyVirtual - - Plugins

Is there a how to for the use of syncthing through OMV 3 ? And by that I mean how it uses storage per user, how it restricts storage access to other user's dirs etc. How to best set it up for that?

• Syncthing on OMV 3.0.26

OhMyVirtual - - Plugins

Is there a "syncthing how to" on the forum of some sort? I see it's the most searched for combi in the box in the upper right.. Must be missing it, but I can't find it. I'd really like not to mess the thing up again, I have syncthing on other systems and am finally ready to have the syncs active on OVM 3* as well.

• HPE Proliant Servers

OhMyVirtual - - My NAS Build

Quote from aroundmyroom: “Quote from Ruschi: “Why do you need 4 servers in a private scenario? ” ” Why not put one of these www8.hp.com/emea_middle_east/e…t-detail.html?oid=5194891 in one of your Gen8s (like I have). Then put some extra RAM in that unit, virtualize the 4 servers on the 1, connect a lot of external drives through the backport of the P222 and you'll basically have the same, only faster (6Gbit SATA) and with 3 times less noise in your attic

• Quote from deeprain: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “openmediavault-dnsmasq is deleted. So, it shouldn't show up now. ” Hello ryecoaaron, you wrote that dnsmasq ist deleted. ” dnsmasq is real easy to install and config on commandline. One of the easiest to understand config files there are for linux. Plus, you'll get the latest version for debian that way.

• HOWTO: WEBMIN installation on OMV

OhMyVirtual - - General

Quote from tekkb: “There are a number of modules ( what webmin calls plugins) ” Webmin calls them modules. OVM calls them plugins.

• HOWTO: WEBMIN installation on OMV

OhMyVirtual - - General

Another great advantage of webmin is the easy install and config of configserver.com/cp/csf.html as a module, which is the best firewall/security suite of scripts I've ever seen and used on linux servers. Sure, you can also install CSF standalone, but it's easier to maintain through webmin.

OhMyVirtual - - Plugins

Quote from luxflow: “Quote from abpostelnicu: “It seems there is an issue, when i try to install it i get: Source Code (22 lines)” I fotgot to mention, apt-get install -t jessie-backports certbotsorry! ” So you are still decided on using certbot for letsencrypt on OVM ? It invokes dependency hell on many systems, not to mention the huge storage footprint. Why not use github.com/Neilpang/acme.sh instead? It's a really well-maintained script. Much more reliable results than certbot (in my experien…

OhMyVirtual - - Plugins

For my day-job I've been installing security and certificates for years, and ever since Snowden stuff has changed. LetsEncrypt is great, but I can recommend using github.com/Neilpang/acme.sh instead of the certbot python monstrosity and dependency hell. By the way, pity we're still at nginx -v 1.6.* on OMV3. I would love to use http2 and be able to use this config: gist.githubusercontent.com/jul…cb67d85e1454b10997566/TLS We only get a B- at qualys ssllabs test.

• It has, for me. I cleaned apt and re-installed OVM-extras deb3, and now it only shows the ones that work. Except maybe dnsmasq, but I had that installed on shell already, and that works nicely without a gui for me. Thanks for the quick responses!

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “I hate to say it but the letsencrypt plugin has not been ported yet either. I guess I just need to start deleting repos since there is no good way to keep people from installing plugins that aren't ported. ” Just put a warning on the OMV-Extras page. And link to these posts. I would have understood and looked away. Now trying a letsencrypt plugin was way too tempting Anyway, thanks for the hint, a simple apt-get purge openmediavault-letsencrypt solved this one for me. I'l…

OhMyVirtual - - Plugins

The plugin fails on the latest OMV3.*, just so others know, when they would consider installing it on the beta: Don't do it, yet. Is OMV3 (Erasmus) still in beta or is it considered stable?

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “It is true. I install OMV 3.x multiple times per day most days. There are harmless errors that people worry too much about. Commercial NASes just hide the errors. Whenever you install a php or nginx update, nginx and/or php5-fpm need to be restarted. This generates communication errors until the service is restarted. This is almost impossible to avoid but harmless. ” I'm sorry but I would have to disagree on that. I realize I'm using extras-testing, but I think having SSL…