Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Rockpro 64 cannot upgrade

tkaiser - - General

What are you trying to achieve? Rule of thumb: updating OMV version on Rockpro64 And which version do you run? The latest stable release is 0.7.9 but it seems you're using 0.8?

• ssh - permission denied (publickey)

tkaiser - - SSH

Quote from stblaise: “IdentityFile ~/.ssh/sshaccess/ ” In the guide you tried to follow there is no trailing slash.

• Deutscher Bereich

tkaiser - - Off-Topic

Addendum: @Cranberg zeigt gleich selbst auf, wie wunderbar blöde diese Deutschtümelei ist. Erst mal die Frage auf deutsch stellen, dann mit der Antwort unzufrieden seiend, das Ganze nochmal auf Englisch wiederholen. Hätte ich gewußt, dass die Frage auf englisch kommt, hätte ich nur die beantwortet (hilft potentiell viel mehr OMV-Interessierten). So gibt's eben überhaupt keine Antworten mehr

• Deutscher Bereich

tkaiser - - Off-Topic

Quote from Cranberg: “Die ganz grundsätzliche Frage, die dahinter steht ist die, muss sich der Nutzer von Technik, hier Software, an die Technik anpassen oder die Technik an den Nutzer! ” Wow, nach dem bizarren 'tut sich der Author seiner Ursprung Schemen?' (auf deutsch hieße das übrigens 'schämt sich der Autor seines Ursprungs?') nun sowas. Nochmal: Die Entscheidung, hier keine Subforen auf Deutsch, Chinesisch oder Suaheli zu etablieren, war eine bewußte. Und es geht darum, dass nicht in vielen…

• Issues with WD 8TB Red HD

tkaiser - - General

Quote from votdev: “i've enhanced the quick wiping using dd. See github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/pull/328 ” I hope 1MiB is enough (ran into some strange issues years ago with a RAID controller changing drive geometry -- I guess this is also the main reason why ZFS adds signature at the beginning and end of disk devices)

• Quote from macom: “Check out this thread: [HOW-TO] Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10 Clients and Servers ” Do you personally use Windows 10? If so what is still valid with OMV4? I thought Windows 10 'even' is mDNS capable now so is it possible to access an OMV server that is named for example 'omv4' by accessing \\omv4.local?

• Quote from tkaiser: “it's a bit scary that Ubuntu uses the rather weak NTLM authentication method ” OMG, the official Ubuntu wiki even recommends to use sec=ntlm for fstab mounts. What a mess

• [Question] QSV for OMV?

tkaiser - - General

Use the search functionality with 'quicksync' or directly look here: Intel QuickSync setup help Maybe the most important info is: this is plain Debian you're dealing with and nothing is related to OMV. So everything you find wrt Debian Stretch and your CPU type (with integrated QuickSync Gen9 GPU) will fit. Quote from sohma: “Even though the CPU is Celeron, I can encode 30 mins of mpeg2-ts to h264 for 12mins ” It's a Celeron G and as such comparable to Skylake Core i CPUs or even XEONs. Their si…

• Issues with WD 8TB Red HD

tkaiser - - General

Quote from Philbert: “can I Format these Drives to Mac Extended Journal and erase this info??? ” Most probably not or just by using dd there and calculating offsets (with ZFS there can be up to 4 vdev labels on a disk). The most easy way is to use ZFS itself so you could simply use OMV and add the ZFS plugin (+ proxmox kernel). Then there are two variants: - use zpool labelclear /dev/disk/by-id/$drive (replacing $drive with the correct identifier) - use OMV with your two disks as zmirror which i…

• Quote from JeffMD: “it is really hard to rely on this software in a headless state when something as little as data errors freezes up the entire boot process. I could not even ssh in. ” Just for the record: 'this software' is called Debian/Linux. All OMV does here is adding the nofailparameter to fstab (where mounting happens) so unavailable disks should not delay/stop the booting process. Obviously something serious was/is wrong on the new HDD. And adding drives behind an USB3 hub is simply ask…

• Quote from jopa.br: “I get a "Authentication token Manipulation Error" Looked up and down for answers, but the only thing I can think of is that the omv is read-only ” Not 'OMV is read-only' but the filesystem on the SD card.

• Quote from jopa.br: “worked like a charm! ” And if you check again after a reboot most probably you'll realize that your SD card is faulty, right?

• Mount FTP via curlftpfs

tkaiser - - General

Quote from crisp2u: “I'm planning to use a remote FTP for backup ” Somewhere on the Internet? Without a VPN?

• Speed over Samba mount

tkaiser - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from stefluik: “I have installed OMV4 on an odroid. I also have an Ubuntu 18.04 as a server with a Raid. ” What are you comparing exactly? Which ODROID and which 'server'?

• Quote from andre_x: “I've created the user as "desktop", not as "WORKGROUP/desktop", but in the samba configuration I see "Workgroup: WORKGROUP" ” But still the user account is just 'desktop' and there's no need to specify 'WORKGROUP' (maybe within Windows when using the net commands -- it's such a long time I dealt the last time with Windows...) Anyway: glad you resolved it. And it's a bit scary that Ubuntu uses the rather weak NTLM authentication method. That's stuff from last Century

• Deutscher Bereich

tkaiser - - Off-Topic

Quote from Cranberg: “es hätte sehr wohl Sinn gemacht, Foren in mehreren Sprachen zuzulassen ” Deutsch ist hier "zugelassen", es ist Deine freie Entscheidung, Dich sowohl qualitativ als auch quantitativ einzuschränken (hinsichtlich der Antworten, die kommen werden -- das ist halt nunmal eine internationale Community und es ist absurd, die Mehrzahl der Anwender durch die Sprachwahl auszugrenzen, zumal im Bereich IT, wo die Lingua Franca Englisch ist, ob einem das nun gefällt oder nicht). Dito ste…

• Quote from Cranberg: “Warum werden die Bildschirmfotos nicht auf dem Server des Forums gespeichert? ” Das mußt Du schon den fragen, der vor mehr als einem halben Jahrzehnt irgendwas bzgl. Firewall gepostet hat (ich nehme an, Dir geht's um das hier?) Quote from Cranberg: “Gibt es jemanden, der das Thema ein für alle mal und für alle dauerhaft zugänglich und kompakter in diesem Forum dokumentieren kann? ” Gerne: Firewall ist nutzlos für normale OMV-Nutzer (ist eh nur ein Paketfilter). Einfach nur …

• Quote from KM0201: “the only logical explanation is you're entering the wrong credentials ” Not necessarily. OMV when updating passwords calls smbpasswd to not only update the system's password database but also Samba's own (needed for older client authentication attempts). So there are corner cases where an existing user with a valid password can access with modern SMB clients but fails with old authentication methods. That's why I asked whether the user has been created with the OMV UI or not.

• Quote from andre_x: “Mar 18 16:54:16 omv smbd[4396]: check_ntlm_password: Authentication for user [WORKGROUP/desktop] -> [WORKGROUP/desktop] FAILED with error NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER Mar 18 16:54:16 omv smbd[4396]: [2019/03/18 16:54:16.582267, 3] ../source3/auth/auth_util.c:1611(do_map_to_guest_server_info) Mar 18 16:54:16 omv smbd[4396]: No such user WORKGROUP/desktop [OMV] - using guest account ” The above tells that you were authenticating as an unknown user 'WORKGROUP/desktop' and as such a f…

• Deutscher Bereich

tkaiser - - Off-Topic

Quote from Aux: “ich überlege gerade ob es einen Sinn machen würde OMV Forum nur für Deutschsprachige zu erstellen ” Drei Sekunden Suche vorab und Du wärst hier technikaffe.de/forum/index.php?board/13-openmediavault/ rausgekommen. Gibt's also schon mit all den bekannten Nebenwirkungen deutschsprachiger Technikforen.