Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 70.

• update not possible anymore

mutosan - - General

man this is seriously bad made in my eyes. I installed from CD now and now I have a mirror error and CANT INSTALL GRUB. I change back to freeNAS or NASforFree because there I dont have these issues and frankly there my HDs never failed. Running now the system on the 3rd HD (USB not included) and this cant be my fault any more. Really sick of this and I liked OMV very much. Not to say, that I am really pissed off now.

• smb remote share

mutosan - - CIFS/SMB

Hello allI have my omv and a synology NAS. Over remote share I have given access to smb folders on the synology nas. But the movie files are show as folders and not files.I do have a picture but no clue how to add it to this forum.The problem is, that due to they are shown as folders I cant play them and plex does not recognize them. I have no clue, why this is happening. As the user has read/writeon the synology NAS.

• Naja, das mit Zarafa ist jau auch meine Meinung. Wenn du damit zurecht kommst, dann bleib dabei. UCS ist ganz sicher nicht gleich OMV. UCS ist anders aufgebaut und laut der Seite kann es auch weitere Server verwalten. Sprich, nein hier sind UCS fragen definitiv falsch. Wie sicher schon oft erwähnt, gibt google gern die Antwort, da gibts Kolab, Zimbra und einige mehr: zdnet.de/88233682/die-besten-o…en-zu-microsoft-exchange/

• @Gilhin: kann ich verstehen, geht mir ab und an auch so. Mittlerweile muss ich sagen, wäre ein DMS für mich gar nicht so schlecht. ich hab ein richtiges chaos mittlerweile mit den ganzen Dokumenten und wo ich sie überall abgelegt habe @mark: das weiss ich auch, dass MySQL nicht gliech PostgreSQL ist. Einige DMS unterstützen ja beides. Und ich habe mit keinem Wort gesagt, dass die gleich sind.

• uuuh lass die finger weg von zarafa. ich wollte sogar das kaufen und die haben mich einfach missachtet. Scheiss firma sorry. Blöderweise habe ich zarafa auf meinem synology benutzt und jetzt stecken meine emails dort fest, weil ich bin nicht so versiert mit command line und so und ich kann sie nicht exportieren und wo anders einlesen. Auch da hat die Firma Zarafa die Hilfe verweigert. Dabei wollte ich ihr produkt kaufen und sogar mit Servicevertrag. UCS ist ein geniales ding, kommt nicht mit all…

• plex iso playback how?

mutosan - - Plugins

@goldberg: I know what you mean. I ripped over 400 movies (still not finished) and each one costs me 20-50 mins (dvd around 20 Bluerays around 40-50mins) If you dont want todo that then you have to stick with kodi and xbmc. My collection has around 600 DVDs and nearly 100 Bluerays.

• plex iso playback how?

mutosan - - Plugins

what kind of ripper are you using? Does TV Shows also work for old shows? I am looking for some series older stuff.

• update not possible anymore

mutosan - - General

bought a sata controller and now the same problem. I think the installation is in that part not well done. Why the heck does the installer wants to install grub allways in dev/sda when you have chosen dev/sdg. Now the installation failed again and I have to use Lilo again just to get it running again. And then after a few month the partitions fail again. This is now the 3rd HD iam using.

• plex iso playback how?

mutosan - - Plugins

Quote from tekkb: “I would mount the ISO and just rip the movie. I would do it just for the sake of way smaller file size. I never watch the extras or all the other crap on them. The client has nothing to do with this. But to each his own.... I usually use Magic ISO or Daemon Tools.” Which is what I said with using MakeMKV or Handbrake (i Just learned that). Just there you dont have to mount the iso first.

• plex iso playback how?

mutosan - - Plugins

with all you wrote now you are going off the thread as well. I did not say ANYTHING about Kodi and XBMC and I also didnt say its a bad recommendation. Yes you didnt say directly he should go away from plex. But by mentioning another product is something equal to saying, hey dont use plex rather use this. Which in the end, is not related to his question as well. And by the way, how come you know he has 100 movies? And can you let him decide which way he wants to go? Again you getting at the momen…

• plex iso playback how?

mutosan - - Plugins

realy unrelated? Where do you get this from? Plex does not support iso, so hands the best way is to repack the files. Which does not take much time. And yes Handbrake is another great tool for it. And many others. Secondly changing all the clients and installing a new server for kodi and xbmc or installing apps on a NAS and reconfigure everything is taking as much time as repacking the files, I think. But hey who am I. At least I dont say something like I dont like this and that. My 2 cents have…

• plex iso playback how?

mutosan - - Plugins

you dont need an alternative. Just repack the iso to a format, which is supported by plex. you can read iso files with makemkv and convert it to a supported format with it. And Makemkv is even a free tool. all these infos you can find in the plex forum and on the offical plex.tv side. IIts funny that ppl always give the answer plex is not supporting iso and refer to kodi and xbmc instead of giving him a good solution to the actual problem. And why do I know that? I work in IT support and I run a…

• Which will happen probably soon. I dont know the road map but I think with the next bigger version change of OMV they implement more HW support. But I agree the hardware support must grow or the possibility of a db where I can download drivers during install. But as before, I rather go the save way with servers then be sorry of any loss or attack happens. On the other hand, btrfs is a young file system might be better for big volumes, fault tolerance, self data healing and more but performance w…

• Naja ich bin eher dafür headless zu fahren. Sprich unter "OMV" ist ja so oder so ein Debian, daher versteh ich die Frage schon zu beginn nicht. Selber ein OS aufsetzen und dann OMV installieren, braucht man ja nur, wenn man mit dem Server noch etwas anderes macht. Ich bin ein verfechter von dedizierten Maschinen und halte eben nicht wirklich viel von Virtualisierung. Es mag seine Berechtigung haben aber ich mags einfach nicht. Und ich spreche aus Erfahrungen (privat wie auch über meine Arbeit). …

• Hosting a web server

mutosan - - General

Hope he is not talking about the fish "guppy" No I think he was refering to ghc.freeguppy.org/articles.php…g=165&mnuid=101&tconfig=0 . Seams to be a kind of web portal thing. But on the top siulman PLEASE read about OMV and what kind of Plugins are around instead of asking those questions. Because if you would have done it, you would know about nginx. Ryecoaaron has probably better things todo as to answer such stupid questions. And sorry to say so, just because you write down you would apologiz…

• This is what I was looking for. I used Zarafa in the past on my Synology NAS but its a pain. I cant or dont know how to export my emails now and the plugin is not maintained by the owner of Zarafa. Its in the community and half leagal. U only can setup 3 users and I need at least 5. I even would dontate to this, because its important for me.

• isnt it an OMV usb drive problem. I had problems to install Grub on my USB drive, so I used Lilo. Try to set in bios legacy support, or anything else USB related. Did you find out what the motherboard uses as usb hardware? Might help to see if they are supported

• Well never setup an OS on a different device and use it on another. Then its better to run it virtualized or if both computer are hardware vice 100% the same. Well if the computer where it should finanly run does not recognize the usb you will have problems later on anyway. Even if the boot process goes through. you dont find any network card because you dont have setup one. If the system has not recognized a card you cant bring it up with ifconfig. If OMV runs try to access it over SSH and run …

• mmmh thin clients for a storage server? I dont know if that is a wise decision. And especially if you like to stream music and video. Does not mather what you take as software then. But try it out, before you buy something new. Even with both of the thin clients. Also it depends how many people at the same time are accessing it and then even the CPU might be wrong. Also keep in mind, if many access it, you need also enough RAM. I mean more than 2GB. If you want to make a good NAS or storage serv…

• Hallo Michelle Ich bin schon seit sicher 2 Jahren mit Plex vertraut und habe ebenfalls seit einem Jahr auf OMV am laufen. Bin sehr zufrieden damit. Leider ist der i5 nicht gerade gut fürs transcoding. Welches du wirklich brauchst für Plex. Ausser du hast nur clients, welche die Filme native abspielen können. Hier noch eine kleine Übersicht: guru3d.com/articles-pages/core-i7-4770k-review,16.html Ansonsten ist das setup von dir top. OMV ist ein eigenes System, also braucht man nicht zuerst Debian …