Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• rsnapshot cron jobs

ryecoaaron - - RSync

Quote from reaper111: “Wouldn't it make sense when these Jobs would be visible under "Scheduled Jobs" ? Or is that by design ? ” This is by design. The times apply to all jobs. So, they would have to be in a settings tab. The plugin would need a lot of rewriting to allow per job times. 3am is usually off hours for most people and the time they would pick anyway. And most people use the hourly features, so the starting hour doesn't mean anything.

• Quote from monsen: “Anything to know upfront when setting up X2GO? ” When I set it up on my xubuntu 18.04 desktop, it was pretty easy. Shouldn't be too much different on an OMV system.

• BorgBackup cron

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from rabudde: “but how to automate it? What is the command I have to put into crontab? ” Have you created an entry on the Archives tab? That will create the task that gets run by the pre-created cron jobs. I guess you could call the scripts in /var/lib/openmediavault/borgbackup if you wanted to add something to a cron job but I don't understand the need.

• apt command twice in cron?!

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Nas-turally: “And openmediavault-cron-apt and apt-compat are not doublon of each other, aren't they? ” No. openmediavault-cron-apt is a bunch of comments and one real line. apt-compat is about 55 lines of code.

• Try omv-aptclean then use an incognito window.

• Do you have the backports 4.9 kernel installed? You probably should upgrade to OMV 4.x which would use the 4.19 kernel offering better support of that card. Plus, OMV 3.x is EOL'd.

• Quote from Peter.Weyland: “I can't get to the first page of the text mode installer so updating is moot. ” Not quite true. You could boot Ubuntu and debootstrap the Debian install with 4.19 kernel - forum.openmediavault.org/index…lder-in-a-running-system/

• Plex Update

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from EgLe: “until it is offered by the OMV-Extra itself? ” omv-extras doesn't have any plex packages. omv-extras enables the official plex repo. So, if there is an update in the Updates tab, install that. Otherwise, you should wait until plex puts it in the repo. Quote from EgLe: “Or does it make sense to add these lines to my repository? ” Enabling the plex repo in omv-extras add that exact same repo.

• apt command twice in cron?!

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Nas-turally: “Does it come from OMV or is it (more likely) me who made a mistake? Could you have a look into your own server? ” This seems to be something you did. OMV creates openmediavault-cron-apt

• Quote from Peter.Weyland: “I'm guessing the dogged insistence on basing off Debian means OMV hardware support lags far behind the other mainstream distro's? ” The ISO uses the 4.9 kernel which I guess a bit behind others BUT as soon as you update after installation, you should get the 4.19 backports kernel which is ahead of most of the others. Quote from Peter.Weyland: “I tried inserting "--nomodeset" into the kernel parameters without success. ” Did you try fb=false or radeon.modeset=0 or radeo…

• Quote from TheSidewinder: “What is the "-f" parameter doing? ” That is the flag to run in the foreground. If it is was the only thing running in a docker, it would be required to keep the container running. Since you are trying it on exec, you should leave it off so it starts in daemon or background mode. Quote from TheSidewinder: “I guess I'm not seeing the difference between my command "service start (or restart) cron" and your suggested command "/usr/sbin/cron" (with or without the -f) with r…

• A lot of questions about OMV

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Laui: “I installed the omv-extra, choose docker ce repo, update it, and under plugins i try to install Docker, but there is an error (can't copy and paste it): ” You need to fully update your install in the Updates tab first. Then watch a few videos - forum.openmediavault.org/index…ntermediate-and-Advanced/

• Quote from Nefertiti: “I did again this time the plug got installed exept I am unable to use it got Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/docker'. ” I keep telling people with RPis not to install the plugin until docker has been installed. That is what my instructions a few posts up do.

• Quote from TheSidewinder: “Cron is installed, but for some reason does not appear to be actually running. Or at least not running correctly. ” That is because the package assumes you have an init system running that dockers don't have. You need the docker file to actually do what the init script or unit file does - execute the cron binary. Quote from TheSidewinder: “When I issue the restart command, note what it says on the first line. service cron restart [....] Restarting periodic command sche…

• Quote from Nefertiti: “Me too I just want to use it for pihole since it is not functional on my Rockpro 64 ” I am running pihole on my rockpro64 but it is running Ubuntu 18. Quote from Nefertiti: “hese command did not do it specially the last one, where I answer yes to proceed and it abort! ” Your system must not have the right time or something. That is why you are getting the cert error. Make sure to enable ntp. Then try the last command again because you must have hit some other key when spec…

• Quote from TheSidewinder: “service cron restart at startup of that container, but see no way to do that. ” That is what I am trying to say... There are no services. The container is executing apache and nothing else. Dockers are supposed to only have one parent PID. So, you should have another container that just runs cron. Quote from TheSidewinder: “If not, how would I run cron in its own container? Searching available docker images shows a few results but I have yet to find one with any meanin…

• systemd doesn't exist in the docker. The only program that is run is apache. You should have cron technically running in its own container.

• Abandoned plugins

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Niemand: “In Plex I have the info "a new version is available". But in the update window of OMV no Plex-update can be seen. How can I update it? ” If the plex repo is enabled and you have clicked Check in the Updates tab but still see no plex update, then you can't (yet). Since I don't use plex, I don't know how their updates work but evidently, they put updates in whatever the program checks but not in their repo at the same time. So, I would imagine you just have to wait until it is…

• Quote from Nefertiti: “Same difference no confirmation or error message no docker plugin to be installed. ” I really wish RPis would go away... Try this as root: sed -i "/^.*stretch-backports.*$/d" /etc/apt/sources.list omv-changerepo 'Docker CE' enable omv-changebackports YES apt-get install docker-ce

• Please remember to install the docker-ce package before plugin on the wonderful RPi.